Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formation & Team for the next game.

Comments

• randolph
    richardson dailly sodje youga
    sam bailey semedo reid
    shelvey
    burton
  • I'd put the milwal team out In red shirts and see what happens.
  • [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]I'd put the milwal team out In red shirts and see what happens.

well with the inspiring force of a manager that is parky you just know what would happen!!
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]What's Martin Allen doing at the moment, i'm sure he would jump at the chance to join us and would be fantastic to have somebody with a bit of heart and passion on the touchline, a bit of a character.

I got cained on here for suggesting Martin Allen after the Brighton loss! mad dog would shit the life out of these bunch of tarts we got.

Oh dear.

I've heard it all now. What's he ever achieved? Is he any better than what we have?
  • Elliot

Richardson Semedo Sodje Youga

Sam Racon Bailey Reid

Jonjo

Burton

Subs: Randolph
    Dailly
    Llera
    Solly
    Wagstaff
    McKenzie
    Mooney
  • I would consider resting Dailly, Simeon Jackson has pace so we need to bring Sodje back iho.

As long as Llera, Mooney and A Sodje are not in the side!
  • Subject to fitness:

Elliott

Solly----Sodje
    Semedo
    Youga
    Sam----Racon----Bailey
    Reid
    ----McKenzie
    Burton----
  • edited March 2010
    sorry if we had Martin Allen as manager it would be another dowie disaster, the blokes a drunk and raving lunatic!

Next game:

Elliot, Richardson, S.Sodje, Dailly, Youga (hopefully), Sam, Spring, Bailey, Reid, Shelvey, Burton

Subs: Randolph, Llera, Racon, Semedo, Wagstaff, A.Sodje, Mckenzie
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]What's Martin Allen doing at the moment, i'm sure he would jump at the chance to join us and would be fantastic to have somebody with a bit of heart and passion on the touchline, a bit of a character.

I got cained on here for suggesting Martin Allen after the Brighton loss! mad dog would shit the life out of these bunch of tarts we got.

Oh dear.

I've heard it all now. What's he ever achieved? Is he any better than what we have?
    Porbably get shouted down and completely disagreed with but....Changed Brentford from a relegation struggler to a comfortable mid-table side, plus getting them to the 5th round of the FA Cup twice, plus turned MK Dons fortunes around and took them to the play-offs. Agree, not 'succesful' as in trophys won, but had a positive effect on both clubs on a shoe-string budget. Charlton have the squad, but not the motivation. I actually dont think PP could be any worse at the moment both tactically and motivationally. If not Martin Allen, then somebody in the same mould. This league is all about wanting to win and fight for it.
  • 4-1-4-1. Semedo holding and an attacking midfield four in front of him. Natural width in Waggy and Reid, with Bailey and Shelvey (biggest goal threats in out squad) free to bomb into the box with every attack.

-------------Elliot-----------

Richardson---Sodje---Dailly---Solly

------------Semedo-----------

Wagstaff---Bailey---Shelvey---Reid

-------------Burton----------
  • Sponsored links:

• Elliott

Richardson - Semedo - Sodje - Solly/Youga

Sam - Bailey - Spring - Reid

Burton - Sodje
  • 4 4 1 1 and stick to it!!!

Elliot
    Moutakill
    Youga
    Semedo
    Dailly\ Sodgy
    Wagstaff
    Bailey
    Spring
    Ried
    Shevley
    Burton or akpo
  • I'd pin the first eleven shirts up on the fence at the far end of the training ground. I'd line up all the players at the club and tell them that the first eleven who got there first would play.
  • Elliot
    Richardson, Sodje, Llera, Youga(Moutakil, contreversal but if he's here would do a job although dunno how fit would be)
    Sam, Racon Bailey, Reid
    Shelvey
    Burton/Akp(depending on how fit Deon is)

ok solly hasn't done bad but i think moo2 would have pace to worry them going forward, worth giving him a run out if fit(even if not match fit) although very hopeful Youga is fit as neither is natural, cant see parky doing this though. Think its time for shelvey behind main striker again, think racon deserves to keep his place and although semedo was most peoples MOM Millwall not saying much(i think racon was imo) and as we are at home do not want us to play a defensive midfielder espicially as effectively we will have 5 midfielders.
  • Yassin will never play for us again, he'll never even be considered. We'll play Jack Clark before Yassin.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Yassin will never play for us again, he'll never even be considered. We'll play Jack Clark before Yassin.

hes on loan though ;o) think he is one for the future or even squad player next season if we stay down. i know he wont but logically i think he could do a job until our LB is back
  • edited March 2010
    I think Clark is back now. We probably have to play Yassin appearance and/or win bonsuses if he plays, adding even more to his ridiculous 4 year apparently £8k a week contract. He didn't exactly impress at Motherwell either.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]I think Clark is back now. We probably have to play Yassin appearance and/or win bonsuses if he plays, adding even more to his ridiculous 4 year apparently £8k a week contract. He didn't exactly impress at Motherwell either.

Yeah was thinking that, but if nothing else we have to pay i would play. if clark is back would give him a run out, be worth a go always looked ok when i have seen him
  • Wasn't being serious about Clark, I'd imagine Solly will continue out of position well before Clark is anywhere near the starting 11.
  • Clark makes Mooney look like Mr Universe.

He would be physically swamped at first team level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit out of the ordinary and I know it would never happen as it's a bit to continental 1990's but I would go 3-4-2-1 and sod the consequences.

-Elliot-
    -Semedo-Dailly-Sodje-
    -Sam-Spring-Bailey-Reid-

-Shelvey-Racon-
    -Burton-
  • I know, only brought him up to point out that Yassin has no chance at all of playing. From what I've seen Clark's a long way off being as good as Basey and I doubt he'll be here next season whichever division we are in.
  • I said it a few weeks ago and i'll say it again. He needs to work out what system he wants to play, he then needs to work out what players he wants playing that system then he needs to stop blooding pissing about with it week in and week out. He needs to get them onthe training ground and the ones in his starting 11 need to practice and practice the system he wants until everyone knows what they are doing. Changing every week means no one has a clue. Consistancy now is the only thing that might get us up automatically, I dont care what system you play just bloody stick to it and believe in it and more importantly get your players to believe in it. Who thinks when he read out the team and what positions they were playing on Saturday, none of them players thought WTF is he doing now? I know i would have. Oh and by the way if you do decide to play 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 you have to play Burton ahead of Jonjo its the only pairing that works, sorry to all of you that aint keen on Jonjo playing but its a fact. Just check the stats for assists and goals between them when they played together.
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I said it a few weeks ago and i'll say it again. He needs to work out what system he wants to play, he then needs to work out what players he wants playing that system then he needs to stop blooding pissing about with it week in and week out. He needs to get them onthe training ground and the ones in his starting 11 need to practice and practice the system he wants until everyone knows what they are doing. Changing every week means no one has a clue. Consistancy now is the only thing that might get us up automatically, I dont care what system you play just bloody stick to it and believe in it and more importantly get your players to believe in it.
    I do agree with all of that. We got it right at the start of the season, and the last few months we haven't.
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Oh and by the way if you do decide to play 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 you have to play Burton ahead of Jonjo its the only pairing that works, sorry to all of you that aint keen on Jonjo playing but its a fact. Just check the stats for assists and goals between them when they played together.
    I think that's clearly the best combination, and like I said Shelvey should be in the team.
  • There's a big case for 451 as we had a lot of success with it earlier in the season, however it's a home game against (supposedly) inferior opposition so should we only go with 1 up front in a home game. That's a decision for Parky to make and what he's paid to do.

I personally would go with 451 as we've got some tough away games coming up and that is likely to be the formation that will serve us best away from home and i don't think we should keep changing it week in week out. So Parky needs to say to them, this is what we're going with in the run in, home AND away. There's no point saying to them we'll play 442 but next week we're going 451 and so-and-so is back on the bench. Stick with it home and away, and for me 451 is the best option. With that in mind i'd agree with Nichorobs team.

Elliott
    Richardson - Sodje - Dailly - Solly
    Wagstaff - Bailey - Racon - Reid
    Shelvey
    Burton

I'd also have Youga as a sub and give him the last 20 minutes to get his fitness levels up.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]There's a big case for 451 as we had a lot of success with it earlier in the season, however it's a home game against (supposedly) inferior opposition so should we only go with 1 up front in a home game. That's a decision for Parky to make and what he's paid to do.

I personally would go with 451 as we've got some tough away games coming up and that is likely to be the formation that will serve us best away from home and i don't think we should keep changing it week in week out. So Parky needs to say to them, this is what we're going with in the run in, home AND away. There's no point saying to them we'll play 442 but next week we're going 451 and so-and-so is back on the bench. Stick with it home and away, and for me 451 is the best option. With that in mind i'd agree with Nichorobs team.

Elliott
    Richardson - Sodje - Dailly - Solly
    Wagstaff - Bailey - Racon - Reid
    Shelvey
    Burton

I'd also have Youga as a sub and give him the last 20 minutes to get his fitness levels up.

I agree with this....altho i think Semedo should be in the starting line-up.
  • Whatever team is put out Parkinson has to make a statement to the players - even if it means throwing away 3 more points. The second half display against Millwall was unacceptable. I would expect at least 5 or 6 changes in players or positions. Even if it's only for one game a bad individual performance has to result in being dropped.

I don't think Shelvey is the saviour a lot of you do but we have to find a way to accommodate both him and Bailey in the centre. I'd go with a 3-5-2 formation.

Elliott
    Dailly - Sodje - Llera
    Richardson- Bailey- Semedo-Shelvey-Reid
    (a)Sodje-Burton
  • Shelvey's not the saviour no, but he'll offer more than Racon. More likely to score or create a chance, works harder and gives us a set piece taker.
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I said it a few weeks ago and i'll say it again. He needs to work out what system he wants to play, he then needs to work out what players he wants playing that system then he needs to stop blooding pissing about with it week in and week out. He needs to get them onthe training ground and the ones in his starting 11 need to practice and practice the system he wants until everyone knows what they are doing. Changing every week means no one has a clue. Consistancy now is the only thing that might get us up automatically, I dont care what system you play just bloody stick to it and believe in it and more importantly get your players to believe in it. Who thinks when he read out the team and what positions they were playing on Saturday, none of them players thought WTF is he doing now? I know i would have. Oh and by the way if you do decide to play 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 you have to play Burton ahead of Jonjo its the only pairing that works, sorry to all of you that aint keen on Jonjo playing but its a fact. Just check the stats for assists and goals between them when they played together.

Uncle to be fair everyone has stated they think Shelvey should be playing, but nice rant ;o)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Shelvey's not the saviour no, but he'll offer more than Racon. More likely to score or create a chance, works harder and gives us a set piece taker.[/quote] Which is why i would play him. He deserves chance to prove himself.