Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formation & Team for the next game.

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
I think it's time as supporters we moved on from yesterday and the sooner the better. So I've decided to ask you what changes to the team you'd make for next Saturday's match against Gillingham, bearing in mind that if we can't win this one then I can see our whole season toppling.

Personally I'd go back to 451/442 formation that was giving us success in the early part of the season with Elliot in goal, Richardson and Solly as full backs. Sam Sodje needs to come in for one of Dailly or Llera but it's hard to say which as both didn't have brilliant games yesterday.

In midfield I'd have to have Reid on the left, Sam on the right, Bailey and Semedo in the middle with Shelvey just in front of those two where he can get on the ball and create chances. No place for Racon which is unfortunate because I thought he and Semedo both had fairly decent games.

Deon Burton has to start next weekend. I think he's now become our most important player.

Comments

• derby prides at stake,lol
  • id play the u18's. probably have more bollox and desire.
  • Would really like to believe that yesterdays debacle will only serve to inspire the players to go on and give it their all for the remaining matches. I fear the reality is that Parkinson and the players don't have it within them.
  • [align=center]Elliott
    Richardson - Sodje - Dailly - Solly
    Wagstaff - Bailey - Racon - Reid
    Shelvey
    Burton[/align]
  • 4-5-1
    Elliot

Richardson
    Dailly
    Sodje
    Solly

Reid
    Semedo
    Bailey
    Sam
    Shelvey

Burton
  • Elliot
    Solly Llera Sodje Youga
    Sam Racon/Semedo Bailey Reid
    Shelvey
    Burton
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite][div style=text-align: center]Elliott
    Shelvey
    Burton[/div]

I'd play this team exactly. Possibly swapping Jonjo for Semedo with Bailey playing off Burton
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Elliot
    Solly Llera Sodje Youga
    Sam Racon/Semedo Bailey Reid
    Shelvey
    Burton[/quote]

If Youga is fit, then I agree with that change in defence.
  • Elliot
    Solly Llera Sodje Youga
    Wagstaff Semedo Shelvey Reid
    Bailey
    Burton

Speed & trickery from the wings, creativity from Shelvey, and more of a goal threat with Bailey pushing forward.
  • Has to be 451, do worry Parky just doesn't want to go back to it though. Would be a bit different now we have Reid to play on the left.

Burton and Shelvey must be in the team, I'd take Racon out. Probably go for Sodje and Dailly, would give us more pace in there, though it is interesting how our results are better with Llera.

Youga back soon as he's fit enough, but mustn't rush him.

Sam to start but get him off for Wagstaff if he's not doing enough, he's been scared to make mistakes recently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lol, back to 4-5-1 that everyone was moaning about.
  • If that's what it takes, WSS....
  • No option but 451 unfortunately. We don't have a front two that compliment each other and that has been our problem all season.
  • Elliot

Richardson
    Llera
    Dailly
    Semedo

Sam
    Spring
    Bailey
    Shelvey
    Reid

Burton

Subs:

Randolph
    Solly
    Sodje S
    Racon
    Wagstaff
    Sodje A
    Mooney
  • Elliot

Richardson
    Dailly
    Sodje
    Youga (or Semedo)

Sam
    Bailey
    Racon
    Reid

Shelvey (in the role he played at start of season)
    Burton

Subs
    Randolph
    Llera
    Solly
    Semedo or Spring
    Wagstaff
    McKenzie
    Mooney
  • drop em all put the kids in at least they will play with passion and comittment and also make jonjo skipper.
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite][div style=text-align: center;]Elliott
    Shelvey
    Burton[/div]

only change would be solly for youga
  • Being a football manager at pro level is about basic tactics, formations, substitutions, geting good players in for no dosh, motivating the team when they are losing, geting them up for the games ---------------------- see there is out weekness ------------- Parkinson is shit at every element !

just get Parkinson out and the other guy who stands there with him, Dont sack em make em paint the gates till their contracts run out.

Send Mooney back to Readings reserves ------------------FFS Readings reserves !!

Give Kins the job start the process of geting Chris Powell into the club.
  • kinsella would not no what to do,all this charlton legend nonsense,get a proper manager who has seen it all,pref somebody older and not tainted by anything charlton
  • edited March 2010
    yesterday seriously we looked like a mish mash side put together by a clueless manager with no game plan we had no pattern to our play and we also had no goal threat f--king terrrible.

i feel we need to go back to 4-5-1 and jonjo has to start .
  • Sponsored links:

• What's Martin Allen doing at the moment, i'm sure he would jump at the chance to join us and would be fantastic to have somebody with a bit of heart and passion on the touchline, a bit of a character.
  • my type of manger
  • edited March 2010
    That's what we need, can get in Powell as his assistant or coach or something like that. Wouldn't want to throw him in at the deep end. I know he is a **** but a manager like Neil Warnock would never send out a team like Parky did yesterday. Not that he is an option for us, but someone of that mould.
  • Get George Graham in. He's done it in the 3rd Division before...........with Millwall.
  • 4-4-2, with Shelvey playing not behind but alongside Burton?

Got to be worth a go : I don't see any reason why Shelvey can't work as a out-and-out striker - he'd def. be more effective than Mooney and would complement Burton better than Akpo does...

Bailey and Spring in centre of midfield, with Sam and Reid on the flanks.

Sam Sodje in for Llera and Youga at left back if he's fit enough...

That would be five changes from the Millwall game, which is absolutely necessary, IMO...
  • back to 4-4-1-1 with Shelvey and Burton the 1-1

need to do something different at the back to cope with pace, as Jackson's even quicker than Morrison
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]What's Martin Allen doing at the moment, i'm sure he would jump at the chance to join us and would be fantastic to have somebody with a bit of heart and passion on the touchline, a bit of a character.

I got cained on here for suggesting Martin Allen after the Brighton loss! mad dog would shit the life out of these bunch of tarts we got.
  • Elliott
    Sam - Racon - Samedo - Bailey - Reid
    Burton

Subs; Randolph, Llera, Waggstaff, Shelvey, Mckenzie, Akpo, Mooney
  • edited March 2010
    I agree with most people are saying. 4-4-1-1 is the best option for Saturday in my opinion.

Elliot
    Richardson - Dailly - Sodje - Semedo
    Sam - Racon - Bailey - Reid
    Shelvey
    Burton

A lot of people are saying that Youga should start, is he back from injury now then? If so I think it should be a 4-1-3-1-1.

Elliot
    Richardson - Dailly - Sodje - Youga
    Semedo
    Sam - Racon - Bailey
    Shelvey
    Burton

Anyone who's seen not putting 110% effort in on Saturday should be substituted immediately. :)
  • Would seriously consider putting Semedo in at CB with Sodje.