Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jackson/Possible Loan - JACKSON OUT FOR 6 WEEKS

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Came Accross This:
http://www.eatsleepsport.com/charlton-athletic/addicks-hit-by-injury-blow-1035821.html

Comments

• Did you also find out Michael Jackson died?

;-)
  • I knew Jackson was injuried but thought he was touch and go for this weekend, Sounds like he may be out for longer!
  • lets hope its bluff and he plays sat
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Did you also find out Simeon Jackson died?

;-)
    Dear god, Michael then Simeon poor Johnny Jackson must be very afraid!
  • Twitter feed

CAFCofficial Johnnie Jackson ruled out for six weeks after tearing his hamstring against Stockport on Saturday (TH)
  • Yowzers.
  • Shocker. Back to Notts County then and maybe we'll have a look in the summer...

That's a big loss, effectively three left backs out for the season or the best part of it
  • Why do we always have a left back problem when we play the spanners.

Bollocks
  • fcuk - Semedo has to play there against Millwall.
  • solly wont play. it will between semedo and youga
  • Sponsored links:

• Semedo all day long.

My only worry is that we need him in the middle, Racon will get owned by a snappy physical midfield.
  • bolox, very annoying
  • [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]The worst part is that now we have to play that little fella Solly.
    A right footed left back is not a good idea.

Like Weasel Wagstaff i am sure he has talent but in this league the size and strength stand out above skill.

Weasel Wagstaff...nice one fella.....NOT!!
  • Nightmare.

I'm sure I'll get shouted down for this, but I'd play Llera there. Semedo is just as likely to get skinned if he plays left back. Not sure Solly is ready for a game this big - we saw how Waggy struggled in the home game. Llera is a left footed defender, surely this makes him the best candidate?
  • that's a right royal bummer I must say.

Gotta be Semedo for me - with Reidy helping out too.

Ever get the feeling it's not meant to be.......
  • [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite] Like Weasel Wagstaff i am sure he has talent but in this league the size and strength stand out above skill.

Which is why the best player in this division last season was Delph (5 ft 9) and this year it's probably Hoolahan (5 ft 6). Bailey (5 ft 10) would be in there as well.
  • Semedo LB, bring Spring in in the Semedo role. Solly too inexperienced and right footed

Spring has the needed experience and has generally played well this season when called upon. Not sure if we could rely on Racon not to gte overpowered.
  • Llera for me, might not add much going forward but should make us solid at the back
  • How can people level the "right footed" criticism at Solly and not even mention it when considering Semedo!? I don't recall Semedo EVER kicking the ball with his left peg.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Semedo LB, bring Spring in in the Semedo role. Solly too inexperienced and right footed

Spring has the needed experience and has generally played well this season when called upon. Not sure if we could rely on Racon not to gte overpowered.

He also scored against Palace...
  • Sponsored links:

• Youga has declared himself fit, so if he thinks he can play
  • I wouldn't play Solly there either. He looks a great little talent but playing him out of position could give his confidence a battering and set him back. He looked nervous and out of his depth when he came on for Basey at Bristol Rovers, who targeted him very quickly.

I wouldn't put him in a similar situation, in a hostile atmosphere like there's gonna be at The New Den.

Semedo at LB and Spring into the centre sounds about right.
    Or what about playing Sam Sodje in the defensive midfielder role??
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Youga has declared himself fit, so if he thinks he can play
    Where you seen that. I'd take the risk.
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Parky[/cite]We've got a few options within the squad so we'll probably go with what we've got, Kelly is back in training and has made himself availabe but we'll assess everyone in training on Friday. Miguel Llera can play left-back as can Chris Solly. Chris is a very good player, he never lets anyone down
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Youga has declared himself fit, so if he thinks he can play

Is this true? Has he even played a reserve game?

EDIT: Just seen WSS' post. I'd be concerned about him lasting 90 minutes though but i'd rather an hour of Youga there than Solly/Semedo there.
  • From OS:
    Another player leaving the club is Elliot Omozusi. The defender spent time with the Addicks on loan from Fulham earlier this term and had continued training with Charlton, but Parkinson confirmed on Thursday: "Elliot is not with us anymore."
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Or what about playing Sam Sodje in the defensive midfielder role??

I'd be worried about him making a stupid tackle in the heat of the moment in midfield.

I'd put Llera left back, that way Semedo can do the business in midfield.
  • I'd take the risk on Youga regardless I think.

Lose lose situation for Parky though. Play him and he gets skinned etc then "Why play an injured player", don't play him and whoever plays there gets skinned "Why not take a chance on Youga if he's declared himself fit"
  • Play THE YOUGANAUGHT!
  • Got to play Youga, even if its for an hour.