Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shirt of hurt on Saturday?

13»

Comments

• Wouldn't like either, but I think I would dress up like a spanner over wearing that stripey Surrey shyte anyday - I think I would have to be dead before they got that hideous strip onto me. Yuk. I mean....look at it.

Oh, and you are not alone, Seth. I find Danny Baker very entertaining and think that he is one of the best radio broadcasters around. Hope he has a shit afternoon on Saturday, though!
  • So 1896, 1897, 1898 and 1889 ain't the late 1800's then Henry?

Sorry for being pickey, but why aren't the above dates in a numerical order?
  • Danny Baker = Tosser. Whether he's Millwall, Stoke or St Johnstone. I doubt he's any of those clubs.
    He is just a self satisfied middle class snob who has forged a career out of pretending to be a dear old Bermonsey Pie and Mash lad who loves you to phone him on the radio with a funny story about going to a 4th Division ground on a cold Tuesday in Feb and then will interupt you before you've even got off the train in your yarn and tell you and his listeners HIS story.....AGAIN!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Danny Baker = Tosser. Whether he's Millwall, Stoke or St Johnstone. I doubt he's any of those clubs.
    He is just a self satisfied middle class snob who has forged a career out of pretending to be a dear old Bermonsey Pie and Mash lad who loves you to phone him on the radio with a funny story about going to a 4th Division ground on a cold Tuesday in Feb and then will interupt you before you've even got off the train in your yarn and tell you and his listeners HIS story.....AGAIN!

There was a Danny Baker from Bermondsey in a Football Monthly of the mid late sixties amongst a photo of a group of boys kicking a ball against a wall. The interviewer asked the boys which team they supported and DB replied Manchester United.

Maybe there were two Danny Bakers of similar age and description in Bermondsey but there again perhaps not.
  • I agree with Chirpy.

Over-rated radio/tv "personality" who relies on being loud and affecting a souf London accent as his gimmick.

A tosser.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I agree with Chirpy.

Well there's a first!
  • Apart from anything else, this "shirt of hurt" idea is just rubbish.

As someone who has spent the last four months of his life preparing for the London Marathon, I've found trying to raise money for charity is incredibly difficult.
    The idea that this professional smart arse, Danny Baker, can throw together a piss poor idea like this and actually get people to donate is surprising and slightly disappointing.

Honestly, there are Charlton fans and even some Charlton lifers running the London Marathon for equally good causes, screw this mouthy Millwall tosser, get behind us Charlton marathoners.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Apart from anything else, this "shirt of hurt" idea is just rubbish.

As someone who has spent the last four months of his life preparing for the London Marathon, I've found trying to raise money for charity is incredibly difficult.
    The idea that this professional smart arse, Danny Baker, can throw together a piss poor idea like this and actually get people to donate is surprising and slightly disappointing.

Honestly, there are Charlton fans and even some Charlton lifers running the London Marathon for equally good causes, screw this mouthy Millwall tosser, get behind us Charlton marathoners.

Why not get a list up of who's running and for what charity and people can pledge to the ones they want. Seems a better idea than wearing some poxy shirt.. Forgive me if this is already being done, I haven't seen it.
  • Cracking idea Uncle. I'll send a message to AFKA and Lookout. Apart from myself I know there are another couple of lifers running the marathon this year.
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Apart from anything else, this "shirt of hurt" idea is just rubbish.

Why not get a list up of who's running and for what charity and people can pledge to the ones they want. Seems a better idea than wearing some poxy shirt.. Forgive me if this is already being done, I haven't seen it.

If/when you do get it as a sticky or an article, be sure to have set up some sort of internet charity account (if you don't know of any websites you can guarantee, I know one, but it's not British, so not ideal) for each fundraiser, so people don't have to be somewhere in particular or give at a particular time or even know who you are. They can just donate whenever it suits.

I don't know if you know this stuff, but thought I'd best mention it. Best of luck with it
  • Sponsored links:

• If/when you do get it as a sticky or an article, be sure to have set up some sort of internet charity account (if you don't know of any websites you can guarantee, I know one, but it's not British, so not ideal) for each fundraiser, so people don't have to be somewhere in particular or give at a particular time or even know who you are. They can just donate whenever it suits.

I don't know if you know this stuff, but thought I'd best mention it. Best of luck with it
    I do already have one, I've just started raising money.

Virgin money giving for the London Marathon.

I know there are a few other Charltonlife members are also running the marathon so it would be good to have them all on the same thread I suppose.