Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Airman Brown,20th March 2010,CAFC VS GFC!.

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Airman could you give a update on how many Charlton/Gillingham tickets have been sold so far?.I wonder if this match will be 19k or more?.Its on General sale,I heard the Gills have sold 1600? so far.

Comments

• oh for pity sake who cares
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]oh for pity sake who cares[/quote]

OohAah.

He cares.

A lot.
  • As it happens I care as well and I thought the first question was a fair one.

There has been enough hype and fuss over the fact we are taking 3,000 to Millwall so why not get excited about the possibility of a bumper home crowd against another local team.

I have two relatives coming down from Yorkshire for this game (meal in legends, a few beers etc) so I hope for their sakes its good food, a big crowd, a good game and three points in the bag.
  • there not local .
  • Do people actually but tickets in advance still, rather than on the day, at home?
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Do people actually but tickets in advance still, rather than on the day, at home?

Yes because the queues on the day are pretty long. why wait when you can order over the phone and have posted.

they might not be local to you nolly but they are a kent club and a lot of our fans live in Kent. I am looking forward to it.
  • okey doke ,but we have fans everywhere,im looking forward to it,but then i look forward to most home games.
  • More of our fans live in Kent than they do London. FACT
  • Unless you live out in Kent, the game against Gillingham is nothing to get worked up about.
    Having learned recently that over half of the Charlton supporters DO live in Kent, there will obviously be plenty Charlton fans who want to get one over on their neighbours.

Personally, I'm not even going to think about Gillingham until after Saturday.
    For me, it's the away game of the season at Millwall.
    My chippy neighbour supports Millwall and he's always going on about Charlton being 'nothing' in the area and asking why I don't support the Lions, despite living in Greenwich!
    Gillingham can wait.
  • Sponsored links:

• yes and most west ham fans live in essex,but southend does not register with them.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]yes and most west ham fans live in essex,but southend does not register with them.

Probably because they're in different divisions? Gillingham didn't register with most Charlton fans until their idiot chairman started whinging about valley express.

I'm sure if West Ham were in the same division as southend and/or the southend chairman started moaning loudly about west ham to any hack who'd listen then southend would start registering with west ham fans.
  • lol yeah sure.
  • Good post Eaststandmike thats what i think.My Uncle supports the Gills so it will be a good bit of banter.
  • Just a normal home game really.
  • Brother is a Gill.

That's about as far as it goes.
  • [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]yes and most west ham fans live in essex,but southend does not register with them.

Probably because they're in different divisions? Gillingham didn't register with most Charlton fans until their idiot chairman started whinging about valley express.

I'm sure if West Ham were in the same division as southend and/or the southend chairman started moaning loudly about west ham to any hack who'd listen then southend would start registering with west ham fans.

I'm sure your wrong ;-)
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2010
    I'm proud to live and be from Kent OhSouthLondon, and I give a care. And if YOU have a problem with that, so what. I support Charlton as much as the next person regardless of where I'm from.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]More of our fans live in Kent than they do London. FACT

Oh god.
    WE ARE A LONDON CLUB.
    End of.

Who gives a fu*k about the scumhole that is kent or gillingham.

SE7 = SOUTH EAST LONDON.

if people like you have a problem with that?
    Support a team out side of South London.
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'm proud to live and be from Kent OhSouthLondon, and I give a fuck.

fight, fight , fight

there is a real anger issue on this site today
  • that was rather strong ohsouthlondon,but i dont think we need worry that gillingham are a rival.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]More of our fans live in Kent than they do London. FACT

Oh god.
    WE ARE A LONDON CLUB.
    End of.

Who gives a fu*k about the scumhole that is kent or gillingham.

SE7 = SOUTH EAST LONDON.

if people like you have a problem with that?
    Support a team out side of South London.

Oh South London, been on the brave juice today have we? If it wasnt for 'scumhole that is kent' then CAFC would have half its attendances and the club would be in the s**t even more. Airmans recent figures show how important our Kent fanbase is. Helmet.
  • I live in Kent but will always support Charlton.
  • glad you do mate,but gillingham mean nothing
  • Don't most Manchester United fans live in Asia?
    This doesn't make them an Asian club.

However, we do know that when Manchester United go on their 'buy a shirt' tours in the far East, they get monumental crowds just to see them train.
    The numbers mean nothing, the club is based in Manchester.

The link here is that wherever you have a big fanbase there will be interest, no matter where the real home is.

We have fans who live out in Kent.
    We are playing against a team from Kent.
    We are a London club.
    Those people who live in Kent will care about this fixture more than those of us who don't.
    That is all.
  • They might not mean nothing to the club in general but they do to certain supporters, like those living in Kent. Bragging rights etc.
  • gillingham mean nothing?,Three points for the Addicks.
  • Nobody has said Charlton are a Kent club from what i've read?
  • yep three points .thats a wrap,anyway millwall saturday.....
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]More of our fans live in Kent than they do London. FACT

but more of our london fans voted valley than any from the rest of the country combined.true supporters! nailed on
  • I think you have all missed the point, the way I read Rommagics first post was that he wanted to know if there was going to be a good crowd against a fairly local club, he showed no interest in Gillingham what so ever and the fact that he mentioned Gillingham may have sold 1,600 only indicates it will be a good atmosphere i.e. away support

As for your comments Oh South London I suggest you get out and see a litle more of Kent before you call it a scum hole mate, and I have been supporting Charlton for 42 years so why would I want to change now?