Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Racon Could Be Key To Us Winning Against Millwall

Comments

• i think your find it's McClown
  • Shocker how did I know that was coming, what a pathetic reply
  • millwall will play 5 across the middle eradicating any 'space' to be exploited
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i think your find it's McClown
    Lol
  • not sure i'd play Racon next week to be honest, thought he did o.k yesterday - they were poor though and I think he could've done more.

for what's it's worth, my team for next sat (if all fit) would be

Elliott
    Richardson Daily Llera Jackson (pray he is fit or he'll be a massive miss)
    Sam Semedo Bailey Reid
    Akpo Burton

If Jackson not fit then Semedo plays left back and Racon comes into the middle.
  • I'd match up with 4-5-1 and I think that is why Burton came on yesterday rather than McKenzie. Am planning on do an early preview this week but I'd line up like this:

Elliot, Richardson, Llera, Dailly, Jackson (Solly), Sam, Bailey, Semedo, Shelvey (Racon), Reid, Burton.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'd match up with 4-5-1 and I think that is why Burton came on yesterday rather than McKenzie. Am planning on do an early preview this week but I'd line up like this:

Elliot, Richardson, Llera, Dailly, Jackson (Solly), Sam, Bailey, Semedo, Shelvey (Racon), Reid, Burton.

i'd agree with that glenda :-)
  • will they play 451 though?, they don't normally?....I tend to agree about matching them up if they do, but I'd be surprised if they did.

certainly wouldn't play Solly, think he could get very exposed at LB to be honest.
  • Didn't they cause the majority of problems on our left through Dave Martin, who's now at Derby?

Imo we need to pack the midfield, and I think it could be a time for Spring's old head in the hostile atmosphere. If we play Semedo at full back then keep Racon, however if Semedo is in midfield, play Racon in there.
  • [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Sorry but I think Racon does stand out in this league and I wouldn't swap him for another team's centre midfielder

you are joking right ? Saturday isn't the right game for Shelvey though but I'd drop Racon for Spring. Waggy in for Sam too. Burton in for Mooney. Other than that, same as.
  • Sponsored links:

• waggy would crumble as will sam.
  • edited March 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Sorry but I think Racon does stand out in this league and I wouldn't swap him for another team's centre midfielder[/quote]

you are joking right ? Saturday isn't the right game for Shelvey though but I'd drop Racon for Spring. Waggy in for Sam too. Burton in for Mooney. Other than that, same as.[/quote]

Spring is an awful footballer, and why has hardly anyone noticed my point that if a defensive midfielder comes in whether it be Spring or Semedo, Bailey will still get nullified and then we be able to create nothing from the centre of midfield, at least playing Racon gives us a chance of that. And tell me Large who would you gladly swap Racon for in this league?
  • It's going to be a 100 miles per hour game on Saturday. Not sure if that suits Racon. Hope so. I would like Semedo in midfield because we need his strength. If we play with two wingers we will lose. I would start with Sam and bring on Reid in the second half. I think Akpo can worry their slow defence. Llera can keep morison quiet. If Robbie is on top form we can get a result. My five man midfield would be: Sam, Racon, Semedo, Bailey, Shelvey.
  • If Racon is the key then Gawd knows where the lock is.
  • There is always a chance that one individual will step up to the plate in a big match like this but realistically when you go to a place like The Den it has to be a collective performance. There is no doubt that the Millwall players and crowd will be fired up and if we can`t match them for that then we could be in trouble. Not a game for passengers so those players of ours who tend to disapoint when the heat is turned up will need to come through for the fans. I have to say I don`t see a team brimming with character bar one or two and I am expecting that Millwall will win this one. Please god that I`m wrong.
  • sam instead of reid wolfboy? reid is one possible jewel in this team.
  • "Millwall's game based mainly on being a physical and hardworking side"

What do you base that assessment on Forza? Seen many Millwall games this year? Hope your team & manager also think we are simply a physical and hard-working side, means you'll be in for a bit of a shock.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]who would you gladly swap Racon for in this league?

Dean Hammond or Robert Snodgrass.

edit: or Lallana.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]"Millwall's game based mainly on being a physical and hardworking side"

What do you base that assessment on Forza? Seen many Millwall games this year? Hope your team & manager also think we are simply a physical and hard-working side, means you'll be in for a bit of a shock.[/quote]

Admittedly havent seen much, but I know what most of your players are like and I know David Martin was one of your more skillful players and hes gone and I can't really think of any other flair players you have, I've got a feeling Abdou might be but I'm not sure whether hes an out and out defensive midfielder.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]who would you gladly swap Racon for in this league?[/quote]

Dean Hammond or Robert Snodgrass.

edit: or Lallana.[/quote]

Snodgrass and Lallana are not centre midfielders, Snodgrass is a winger and Lalllana is a forward. As for Hammond I haven't seen enough of him, although he has looked good a few times for Soton and I will admit that I'm a big fan of Schneiderlin myself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Both can play in behind the striker and both are very effective at creating chances for their teams.
  • Out of interest, anyone know how many goals Bailey has scored when playing with Semedo vs. playing with Racon?

My guess is he scores 90% when with Semedo and he can't get forward when Racon is alongside him.

I'd play Semedo. Besides, our first objective must be a clean sheet.
  • [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Spring is an awful footballer, and why has hardly anyone noticed my point that if a defensive midfielder comes in whether it be Spring or Semedo, Bailey will still get nullified and then we be able to create nothing from the centre of midfield, at least playing Racon gives us a chance of that. And tell me Large who would you gladly swap Racon for in this league?
    We have to get the ball to create in the first place though. You say it'll be a physical game and then want to play Racon, who like I said, has struggled in a 442. I just don't think he's this creative force you're suggesting he is. He can dribble and has a few tricks, not the same as having a good range of passing though is it. How often does Racon actually play the final ball for a chance himself?
  • Forza - Abdou is a defensive player.

Hackett, Schofield, Harris and to a certain extent Trotter would be our more skillful players capable of spotting a pass or space.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][quote][cite]
    We have to get the ball to create in the first place though. You say it'll be a physical game and then want to play Racon, who like I said, has struggled in a 442. I just don't think he's this creative force you're suggesting he is. He can dribble and has a few tricks, not the same as having a good range of passing though is it. How often does Racon actually play the final ball for a chance himself?[/quote]

Which is why we should just play 4-5-1 that way we get Semedo, Bailey and Racon all together simple.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    We have to get the ball to create in the first place though. You say it'll be a physical game and then want to play Racon, who like I said, has struggled in a 442. I just don't think he's this creative force you're suggesting he is. He can dribble and has a few tricks, not the same as having a good range of passing though is it. How often does Racon actually play the final ball for a chance himself?

Which is why we should just play 4-5-1 that way we get Semedo, Bailey and Racon all together simple.

Sorry but if your playing 451 Jonjo is the best player to play in behind. Also Burton is the best forward for playing that system which means you drop Akpo who has 3 in 3 and as any footballer will tell you thats a no no. Forwards thrive on confidence and to drop him in the middle of a goal a game spell would be wrong. I think you are just trying to hard to fit your favourite player into a game where he may not best be suited.
  • I'd play Semedo either in a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 as he will score on Saturday I'm sure of it!

I thought Racon was one of our better players on Saturday. If Parky goes 4-4-2 on Saturday I'd probably put Racon out on the right ahead of Sam, a bit different, but Sam hasn't played well in a while imo and can see him crumbling in the atmosphere. Games like Saturday call for big players who aren't afraid to put it about i.e. Burton/The Sodjes/Semedo
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

Sorry but if your playing 451 Jonjo is the best player to play in behind. Also Burton is the best forward for playing that system which means you drop Akpo who has 3 in 3 and as any footballer will tell you thats a no no. Forwards thrive on confidence and to drop him in the middle of a goal a game spell would be wrong. I think you are just trying to hard to fit your favourite player into a game where he may not best be suited.

Agree with that ... Akpo is not particularly great but he is in a goal-scoring run ... he can't be dropped.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]I'd play Semedo either in a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 as he will score on Saturday I'm sure of it!

I thought Racon was one of our better players on Saturday. If Parky goes 4-4-2 on Saturday I'd probably put Racon out on the right ahead of Sam, a bit different, but Sam hasn't played well in a while imo and can see him crumbling in the atmosphere. Games like Saturday call for big players who aren't afraid to put it about i.e. Burton/The Sodjes/Semedo
    I actually think games like Saturday call for players with skill and vision that can pass the other team off the park. Not players who look like they can fight. You say you'd put Racon in even for Sam (so play him out of position) then you say its a game for people who aint scared to put it about??? Surely thats a contradiction.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]I'd play Semedo either in a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 as he will score on Saturday I'm sure of it!

Racon doesn't want to play anywhere but central midfield though. He wasn't happy playing on the left, so I can't see him being happy on the right. I can see how it might suit his game, but if he doesn't want to play there we won't get much out of him.
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]

Good point about Akpo. We moan we don't have a goalscorer up front, but now we have a player with 3 in 3, we can't drop him. Especially when he's not a natural goalscorer.

Agree about Shelvey and Burton as well. Though long term I hope Shelvey is used as a central midfielder.