Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

...and so it begins.

Comments

• Ahhh, Warriors. I love the idea of bopping our way back "warriors style".
    Gorgeous George taking a baseball bat off a dude in make up
    Off It doing a runner from the Orphans (who weren't even at the meeting)
    YTS getting chained to a bench after one too many nights in the park.
    Leaving me to face "The Lizzies" on my own with only my Addicks leather vest for protection.
    Back to Coney for breakfast
    Sweet
  • Best bit about the Millwall forums are the threads that think they can still get automatic promotion.
  • who is scared andy?
  • Keep your head up Robbie, you're a great young keeper.
  • Ah, The Warriors- one of my favourite films.
    I always liked the Gramercy Riffs and the Turnbull AC's.
    The first time I went to Coney Island, I wandered about, singing 'warriors, come out to play-ay', (not out loud of course), imagining the final scene on the empty beach, - it was packed with American lard in ill fitting swim wear on the day.
    My friends were wondering why I didn't bother with the Wonder Wheel etc but I was happy in my own little world.
    The following day, I went to Rockaway Beach, purely because of the Ramones song.
    I'm a bit of a sad case really.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Adamtheaddick - are you having a laugh!? You talk about people hyping the game up too much and then you go and say this;

"it will kick off it always does and I don't want to spend my sat evening either in a nd e or trying to 'bop' my way back home ala warriors style."

How many times have you been to The Den with Charlton and how many times has it seriously kicked off?

Bop your way back Warriors style? Fucking hell, give me strength!!

Seems like Kap has been more often than you and he has a completely different view.

How much time do you intend spending here this week little bird ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Marco[/cite]Ah, The Warriors- one of my favourite films.
    I always liked the Gramercy Riffs and the Turnbull AC's.
    The first time I went to Coney Island, I wandered about, singing 'warriors, come out to play-ay', (not out loud of course), imagining the final scene on the empty beach, - it was packed with American lard in ill fitting swim wear on the day.
    My friends were wondering why I didn't bother with the Wonder Wheel etc but I was happy in my own little world.
    The following day, I went to Rockaway Beach, purely because of the Ramones song.
    I'm a bit of a sad case really.

Love it, would have done exactly the same.
  • JTJT
    edited March 2010
    Hope the 87 Millwall fans make it back from Carlisle in time...
  • Just a quick response to the millwall fan, I have been to many millwall v charlton games sadly not as many I would like as for quite a while we playing in a higher league than you guys. I have been involved in a few nasty experiences post millwall v charlton 2 at london bridge and the worst being when we beat you in the snow, being held by the throat against a wall and being told how I wouldn't be walking home and be lucky to see the next day, luckly the old bill drove past and these guys ran off, oh and I forgot to tell you I was 14 and in my charlton shirt so forgive me for not having to positive outlook on these games.
  • So on the face of it? if i wear my charlton shirt is that just asking for it? see i want to wear my shirt but will not be wanting any trouble etc
  • Sponsored links:

• If you wear your Charlton shirt you will be killed outside South Berm station. Fact.
  • edited March 2010
    Johhny just wear your shirt. Its only Millwall, its not Football Factory.

I cant wait for this, proper buzzing. Yeah they are a smaller club blah blah blah, but if we beat them then not only do i have bragging rights over a few people i know, but we are back on for automatic promotion.
  • [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]If you wear your Charlton shirt you will be killed outside South Berm station. Fact.

... then hung, drawn and quartered ... tarred and feathered ... and placed in the Tower of London before being hung from Traitors Gate ... it's a tough world out there ;-)
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]If you wear your Charlton shirt you will be killed outside South Berm station. Fact.

... then hung, drawn and quartered ... tarred and feathered ... and placed in the Tower of London before being hung from Traitors Gate ... it's a tough world out there ;-)

Whilst Cass Pennant and Danny dyer laugh. And make loads of money.
  • adamtheaddick - bit shocking that, we do get some bullies, but doing that to a 14 year old is low. A kick up the arse would've sufficed....
  • I have worn my shirt to orient, Wycombe and Southend and they have all resulted in 2-1 victories. I think I will be wearing my shirt on saturday :)
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Johhny just wear your shirt. Its only Millwall, its not Football Factory.

I cant wait for this, proper buzzing. Yeah they are a smaller club blah blah blah, but if we beat them then not only do i have bragging rights over a few people i know, but we are back on for automatic promotion.

Im not that worried really and planned to, just seeing whether people thought this was silly incase one of there knobs just starts something just because of the shirt. anyway i will wear it loud and proud, you wont misss me has number 9 biffo on the back :-)
  • personally i think you're silly to wear your shirt.
  • Oohahh seems to have a good view...

0,,10367~3421481,00.jpg
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]personally i think you're silly

your not the only one ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• If your getting the train like myself. There will be lots of police at London bridge and you have a specific walk way from south bermondsy to the away end for away supporters. As long as you dont go wondering around back streets and home areas you will be fine
  • [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]If you wear your Charlton shirt you will be killed outside South Berm station. Fact.

Whilst Cass Pennant and Danny dyer laugh. And make loads of money.

And nasty boys might call you horrible names.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]personally i think you're silly to wear your shirt.

I dont wear replica stuff personally, but why would someone be silly to wear theirs?
  • ha ha JT looks like another packed away end in the background!
  • Cos i personally wouldnt want to draw any unwanted attention to myself - even just a volley of anorak verbals. Well at least cover your shirt up when leaving the ground.
  • Dw I will be hearing my coat, bloody freezing
  • I remember walking up Floyd Road, both Millwall and Charlton, some wearing shirts. No segregation. No agro. Don't know what the fuss is about. If you want to wear colours - wear them. I'm pretty sure there are Charlton fans that live around the South Bermondsey area, so it's not like you're going to stick out like a sore thumb, or you're gonna get caught our with your accent?

Even if it DID kick off - which i'm pretty sure it wont - it's unlikely to be around South Bermondsey, what with a massive meat wagon at the station, and a camera set up so elaborate that even James Cameron is taking notes!
  • Adamthe Addick I completely understand where you are coming from.

Football is meant to be a hobby or relaxation not an ordeal where you spend the day watching your back.

You've been on the wrong end of the cowardly scum so are fully entitled to your opinion.

I just hope that those taking the pi** don't have similar experiences on Saturday.

Like you Adam I too made the decision to miss this one. I don't need the grief and worry at my time of life.
  • [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]I remember walking up Floyd Road, both Millwall and Charlton, some wearing shirts. No segregation. No agro. Don't know what the fuss is about. If you want to wear colours - wear them. I'm pretty sure there are Charlton fans that live around the South Bermondsey area, so it's not like you're going to stick out like a sore thumb, or you're gonna get caught our with your accent?

Even if it DID kick off - which i'm pretty sure it wont - it's unlikely to be around South Bermondsey, what with a massive meat wagon at the station, and a camera set up so elaborate that even James Cameron is taking notes!

Never thought id agree with a Millwall fan but he's right.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]I remember walking up Floyd Road, both Millwall and Charlton, some wearing shirts. No segregation. No agro. Don't know what the fuss is about. If you want to wear colours - wear them. I'm pretty sure there are Charlton fans that live around the South Bermondsey area, so it's not like you're going to stick out like a sore thumb, or you're gonna get caught our with your accent?

Never thought id agree with a Millwall fan but he's right.

Spot on.

We had all this rubbish before the home game as well and in all honesty very little happened that warrented the level of speculation as to what might happen. I understand that if you want trouble you'd be able to find it pretty easily but I'm sure everyone who goes home and away reguarly can tell you it's pretty much the same everywhere you go (apart from Wycombe, I reckon they'd have let us do anything in the town). Millwall are just another averagely supported football team in this league, they've got a reputation sure, but that's more down to the sort of stuff you read on sites like this, all the stories from decades ago. FFS some would have you believe we're getting the train to Berlin circa 1941 as opposed to South Bermondsey 2010 !!