Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

...and so it begins.

JTJT
edited March 2010 in General Charlton
With us winning a couple on the spin and [arguably] getting our season back on track & the spanners completing a last min 2 goal comeback today, it's set up nicely for next weeks [once in a lifetime] New Den sell out.

We can't sit back like we did in the 2nd half at times today

Will Curb it be the lone female in the bottom tier?
Will N.Prior make it after knee surgery?
Will Rupert get what he expected?
Will the 15.27 to Beckenham be on time?
Will Groucho ever return when we win?
Will mparsons1 get sent off?

Comments

• Will we even sell out the away end?!
  • will it matter to our players?
  • Will my mum let me go to the game?
  • just sneak out.
  • Will the ref give into the 'Bernabau' like atmosphere at a packed Den..?
  • jokes aside the den is one hostile place full.
  • Will the new bird off countdown be there?
  • Will Stuwall find his season ticket seat?
  • will there be twix bars for sale on the concourse?
  • Will it snow?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Will the new bird off countdown be there?

Yeah we're going to make our way there after breakfast
  • Call me whatever but I can't help feeling were hyping up this game to much, millwall are doing very well at the moment and were 3 wins on the bounce, personally win lose or draw I just want this game out of the way and done so we can focus on the run in starting with gillingham at home, yes Saturday is a big match I know but a win would be amazing, we've got bigger harder games in our run that we should be focusing in on. I'm not going to the games as 1, I don't want them to have my money 2.it will kick off it always does and I don't want to spend my sat evening either in a nd e or trying to 'bop' my way back home ala warriors style. I really hope all those going know what there in for as this isint palace away or arsenal away. Anywho win or a draw would be excelent but let's focus on the bigger picture.
  • Iam looking forward to the New Den next week, it will be noisy and intimidating and a strong atmosphere, which at this level we lack. I have been to the den in the 70's and 80's and never had personal trouble so I am not going to go there expecting to be beaten up,yes I willbe careful, I won't be wearing colours or singing Valley Floyd Rd at New Cross Gate Station.

What wories me about next week is Millwalls strength at home and whether Dailly, Richardson, Bailley, Sam and Burton as senior experienced players can keep the team together in the 1st 20 minutes. If we can quieten the baying hoardes and do what other managers suggest is done at the Valley and get the crowd to turn on their own then we have a good chance.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Call me whatever but I can't help feeling were hyping up this game to much, millwall are doing very well at the moment and were 3 wins on the bounce, personally win lose or draw I just want this game out of the way and done so we can focus on the run in starting with gillingham at home, yes Saturday is a big match I know but a win would be amazing, we've got bigger harder games in our run that we should be focusing in on. I'm not going to the games as 1, I don't want them to have my money 2.it will kick off it always does and I don't want to spend my sat evening either in a nd e or trying to 'bop' my way back home ala warriors style. I really hope all those going know what there in for as this isint palace away or arsenal away. Anywho win or a draw would be excelent but let's focus on the bigger picture.

Quiet a few will feel the same mate. I dont think you can hype this one up 2 much biggest game of the season no doubt.
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Iam looking forward to the New Den next week, it will be noisy and intimidating and a strong atmosphere, which at this level we lack. I have been to the den in the 70's and 80's and never had personal trouble so I am not going to go there expecting to be beaten up,yes I willbe careful, I won't be wearing colours or singing Valley Floyd Rd at New Cross Gate Station.

What wories me about next week is Millwalls strength at home and whether Dailly, Richardson, Bailley, Sam and Burton as senior experienced players can keep the team together in the 1st 20 minutes. If we can quieten the baying hoardes and do what other managers suggest is done at the Valley and get the crowd to turn on their own then we have a good chance.

Yup, with you on that Kap.
  • leeds are away at southampton and if tranmere can pull something off in midweek and beat leeds we can get 2nd with a win, how good would that be!!
  • It would be very good!
  • If Millwall are that good then why are they only bubbling around the last play-off place?

This isn't a strong division and we've beaten much better teams.
  • I agree
  • Sponsored links:

• Cant wait for it
    I think id take a point if im honest their home record speaks for itself, only lost once at home all season but i reckon if the players get up for it we should get a result.
  • win lose or draw we'll be above them at 5pm on saturday evening FACT
  • Jonjo comes on in last 20 minutes and scores a last minute winner and gives the millwall fans the hammers signal before putting his finger to his lips running the length of the pitch shhhhhhhhushing them up!
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]win lose or draw we'll be above them at 5pm on saturday evening FACT

a fact i kept reminding the spanners that were drinking in the same pub as me last night.
  • Adamtheaddick - are you having a laugh!? You talk about people hyping the game up too much and then you go and say this;

"it will kick off it always does and I don't want to spend my sat evening either in a nd e or trying to 'bop' my way back home ala warriors style."

How many times have you been to The Den with Charlton and how many times has it seriously kicked off?

Bop your way back Warriors style? Fucking hell, give me strength!!

Seems like Kap has been more often than you and he has a completely different view.
  • Good post Sparrow ,I'm Charlton,my bruv is Millwall. Been to the old Den loads with
    Charlton and no trouble.
  • edited March 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mparsons1[/cite]leeds are away at southampton and if tranmere can pull something off in midweek and beat leeds we can get 2nd with a win, how good would that be!![/quote]

Stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know when we start talking like this the team let us down :-). Just to counter your optimism, I expect Leeds to beat Tranmere and Southampton,Millwall to beat us and for us to enter administration on Monday week*.

Ps I hope this appeases the gods of over optimism.
  • Lol. COYR
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Adamtheaddick - are you having a laugh!? You talk about people hyping the game up too much and then you go and say this;

"it will kick off it always does and I don't want to spend my sat evening either in a nd e or trying to 'bop' my way back home ala warriors style."

How many times have you been to The Den with Charlton and how many times has it seriously kicked off?

Bop your way back Warriors style? Fucking hell, give me strength!!

Seems like Kap has been more often than you and he has a completely different view.

gotta agree with SLL on this, bit of an over the top reaction Adam !, I've been to the New and Old Den plenty of times, never encountered any real trouble when we play them, as I always say...if you WANT trouble, you'll no doubt be able to find it, if you don't and be sensible then you'll be absolutely fine.
  • I think we are going to have to be a big factor in this game ie be vocal from before kick off to the dying minutes as it is a massive pyschological game in terms of how this weekends results have left us and after the home fixture.

Really hope we all get behind the team for the whole 90 minutes even if it doesnt go our way.