Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs. Stockport (yes there is a game before Millwall) - Poll, Teams, News and Views

Comments

• Stockport player to get a red for 2 bookable offences on Reid [skinning him']

Charlton win 2-0
  • I think we really should win comfortably, I've been hoping for something like last friday to occur for sometime now. A last minute winner can really bring a team together in the dressing room and confidence can come racing back. I'd love to see us stick 3 or 4 past them while keeping a clean sheet at the back, the goal difference would realy help too as getting into the final stages of the season and bearing in mind how tight it is in the play-off spots it will count as an extra point.

But I'm a realist... 1-0 Charlton :o)
  • Just remembered one of their players (Baker) got sent off in the away game after throwing a punch at Nicky. Interaction between them (assuming Baker is playing) tomorrow could be worth watching:-)
  • There not the team they were at the start of the season and a draw is possible.

2-1 Charlton, hopefully!
  • the last gasp winner at Southend will bring the best out of the Addicks and help kick their season-ending promotion run in amazing form.

Charlton 2- Stockport 0
    Goals : Bailey 17' and Jackson 45'
    Lineup: Elliot, Richardson, Dailly, Llera, Jackson, Reid, Racon, Semedo, Bailey, Mooney, McKenzie. Bench: Randolph, S Sodje, Solly, Wagstaff, Sam, Shelvey, A Sodje
  • Home Win: 3-1
  • [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Just remembered one of their players (Baker) got sent off in the away game after throwing a punch at Nicky. Interaction between them (assuming Baker is playing) tomorrow could be worth watching:-)

Baker is now at Coventry.
  • Well our form in the last 4 has been LWLW so a loss on the cards but even we can't lose to Stockport clearly the worse team in the league......can we?

2-0 A Sodje, Racon.
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Just remembered one of their players (Baker) got sent off in the away game after throwing a punch at Nicky. Interaction between them (assuming Baker is playing) tomorrow could be worth watching:-)

Baker is now at Coventry.

Should have checked! Thanks. Oh well one less potential flashpoint plus he was one of their better players so hopefully a help to us.
  • Charlton 3-0 Stockport

A.Sodje, Sam & Mooney
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2010
    stockport really are rubbish.with the worst goal difference in the league and some way off from safety they seem to be resigned to going down.all we have to do is turn up to collect the points.the poorest side we are going to play.

2-1 home win, with the same unconvincing display that we've shown all season.
  • Stockport were 4-0 up v Wycombe so they can score goals.

They won 4 - 3 so they also concede and their confidence may be fragile.

Burton and Semedo doubtful.

Would stick with Akpo as he scored twice in two game but would give Mckenzie 60 mins if Burton isn't fit.

Otherwise while I'm not sure Racon and Bailey in the middle is strong enough defensively I would go with that against a weak team at home.

If only Youga were fit and we could afford to keep Jackson. Jackson alongside Bailey could work even if both prefer the left side.

2 - 0
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Otherwise while I'm not sure Racon and Bailey in the middle is strong enough defensively I would go with that against a weak team at home.
    Semedo's got a virus and Jonjo's a doubt anyway, so apart from Spring, who might not be match fit, we don't have many options there anyway.
  • 3-0nil win to us COYR
  • we win comfortably 2-1 (if they have a player sent off) flobbie elliot lets one in from their keeper but catches 3 in the warm up 8/10
  • WSS

whats his name does he work for Coca Cola or the mighty Reds.

for what its worth another week in the comfort of the Coca Cola corperate 5 course din dins and comfy seats in the pressence of some true Charlton legends from my comfy view point i for see a 6 nil battering
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]WSS

for what its worth another week in the comfort of the Coca Cola corperate 5 course din dins and comfy seats in the pressence of some true Charlton legends from my comfy view point i for see a 6 nil battering

Ok show off....Are you in the lib first ?
  • Elliot; Richardson, Llera, Dailly, Jackson; Sam, Bailey, Racon, Reid; Mooney, A Sodje.

Really go at them?
  • A win is absolutely vital to get a momentum building, especially with a tough clash with Millwall next week and Southend last week. I'm going for 4-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Manchester Evening News preview:

Rock-bottom Stockport travel to promotion-chasing Charlton without on-loan Jemal Johnson.

The winger is expected to miss two weeks with a hamstring strain picked up in the 1-0 defeat to Bristol Rovers on Tuesday.

Skipper Johnny Mullins, who missed the trip to the Memorial Stadium with an ankle injury, is again out, but centre-half Danny Swailes should return after recovering from a dead leg.

Gary Ablett is under no illusions about how big a test is squad face at the Valley, but after two wins in their last four games, the County boss has reason to be optimistic.

"It will be a massively difficult game," said Ablett. "But it is one we can go into full of confidence."

Stockport have at least been boosted by news that their administrators have confirmed an agreement with the Melrose Consortium for the sale of the cash-strapped club.

Leonard Curtis agreed a deal with former Manchester City striker Jim Melrose on Tuesday night, and the bid will now go before the Football League next week for final approval.

The administrators also confirmed that the consortium had not yet reached an agreement with Edgeley Park landlord Cheshire Sport, but it is understood that they have already backed the bid.

A spokesman for Leonard Curtis said: "We can confirm that the administrators have agreed terms with the Melrose Consortium for the sale."

Charlton league form: DLWLW

Stockport league form: DWLWL

Key opponent: Akpo Sodje - striker has scored two in his last two

Prediction: Charlton 2 Stockport 1 - a tough game for County against a talented and motivated side
  • 2-1 late waggy winner
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Manchester Evening News preview:

Rock-bottom Stockport travel to promotion-chasing Charlton without on-loan Jemal Johnson.

The winger is expected to miss two weeks with a hamstring strain picked up in the 1-0 defeat to Bristol Rovers on Tuesday.

Skipper Johnny Mullins, who missed the trip to the Memorial Stadium with an ankle injury, is again out, but centre-half Danny Swailes should return after recovering from a dead leg.

Gary Ablett is under no illusions about how big a test is squad face at the Valley, but after two wins in their last four games, the County boss has reason to be optimistic.

"It will be a massively difficult game," said Ablett. "But it is one we can go into full of confidence."

Stockport have at least been boosted by news that their administrators have confirmed an agreement with the Melrose Consortium for the sale of the cash-strapped club.

Leonard Curtis agreed a deal with former Manchester City striker Jim Melrose on Tuesday night, and the bid will now go before the Football League next week for final approval.

The administrators also confirmed that the consortium had not yet reached an agreement with Edgeley Park landlord Cheshire Sport, but it is understood that they have already backed the bid.

A spokesman for Leonard Curtis said: "We can confirm that the administrators have agreed terms with the Melrose Consortium for the sale."

Charlton league form: DLWLW

Stockport league form: DWLWL

Key opponent: Akpo Sodje - striker has scored two in his last two

Prediction: Charlton 2 Stockport 1 - a tough game for County against a talented and motivated side

I don't like those league forms....seems to suggest a surprise away win is on the cards!!!
  • I must of missed this. I hadn't realised that our old favourite striker, Jimmy Melrose, was leading the group to buy Stockport County.Good luck to him, starting on Sunday of course.
  • 4-0 Llera ,mooney 2, bailey.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]I must of missed this. I hadn't realised that our old favourite striker, Jimmy Melrose, was leading the group to buy Stockport County.Good luck to him, starting on Sunday of course.[/quote]

Bloody turn coat why can't he buy us?
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Ok show off....Are you in the lib first ?

If you're going, Uncle ...... does that mean Jonjo's playing?

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]WSS

Ok show off....Are you in the lib first ?

I dont think so mate got to get the bin lids to me mums first dont want to have to rush the 1st course and i am bringing the better half shes invited her pal and her old man so i wont be able to slope off,
  • I'd like us to start with a similar formation to the way we finished against Southend; with Reid on the left specifically. I don't understand why we'd bring a left sided midfielder in and not play him on the left. Keep Bailey in the middle, giving him some acting lessons. Anyway, I reckon we'll get a result tomorrow, 3-0 to the super reds.
  • If Burton is fit, i don't know whether i would start him with A.Sodje they are very similar, Leon to parter A.Sodje IMO if Sodje plays absolute toilet then bring on Burton.