Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs. Stockport (yes there is a game before Millwall) - Poll, Teams, News and Views

WSSWSS
edited March 2010 in General Charlton
I’m not sure if anybody realises (or it would seem, cares) that we actually have a game against bottom-of-the-league Stockport on Saturday but in terms of importance and relevance – the 3 points at stake are just as important here as they are against Millwall which is just a week away.

Despite a disappointing performance against Southend last Friday, the result was great and the manner of it made it that little bit sweeter. The crowd at The Valley on Saturday is going to be expecting a victory, and an easy one at that I feel, and it is about time the team put on a performance for us all - especially leading up to THAT game.

Moving onto the team on Saturday - Kyle Reid surely needs to come back into the fold on the left and the rest of the midfield, in my opinion should be made up of Shelvey, Bailey and Sam. The back 5 pretty much picks itself at the moment and Llera will retain his place.

Although I still see Parky persevering with Mooney and Akpo up top if Burton is not fit. I really want to see McKenzie given a chance, it won’t happen though.

We really need to turn on the style soon to show we are in this for the long haul and give everyone a bit of belief.

4-1 to Charlton.

Other Fixtures of Note

Gillingham v Huddersfield
Leeds United v Brentford
MK Dons v Leyton Orient
Norwich v Yeovil
Swindon v Bristol Rovers
Walsall v Millwall
Colchester v Brighton (Monday)

Comments

• edited March 2010
    3-1 Charlton (hopefully 5-0 though)
  • Well they are bottom of the league and we need to win.

So 1 nil Stockport it is!
  • WSS re heading... do you mean to sound like such an old woman at times?

:-)
  • Yes, yes I do.
  • Meeting up with a stockport fan before the game hopefully he wont want to meet after!!
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Meeting up with a stockport fan before the game hopefully he wont want to meet after!!

A meet with a Stockport fan, easy tiger there are sites for stuff like that :-)
  • Stockport will be another side that will come to the Valley and try to frustrate us.

I think we will win with 2 late goals. 2-0.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Meeting up with a stockport fan before the game hopefully he wont want to meet after!!

A meet with a Stockport fan, easy tiger there are sites for stuff like that :-)

You might know him from the Ypres AKA The Gambler!!
  • Jonjo has just gone over on his ankle in training and gone off. Not sure how serious it is.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Jonjo has just gone over on his ankle in training and gone off. Not sure how serious it is.

Hope he's OK...
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Jonjo has just gone over on his ankle in training and gone off. Not sure how serious it is.
    Hope he's OK...
    He's fine apparently, just some precautionary treatment at the moment.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Jonjo has just gone over on his ankle in training and gone off. Not sure how serious it is.

you at the training ground?
  • No pressure or expectation for Stockport unlike us with a tense, restless support liable to "turn" against the team and individuals such as Sam at any moment. Therefore a dull 1-0 to them is my prediction.

I really want to be proved wrong though...
  • 1-0 to us. 1 sent off for them.
  • A win for us but i don't think it'll be easy. 2-0 to us with the 2nd coming late on so the game will be in the balance for quite some time.

Looking at the other games, i can see the rest of the top 8 all winning so a win is absolutely vital for us.
  • You could make a strong argument that this is Charlton's most important ever game.

We'll rise to the occaision and thump them 5-0.
  • A comfortable win by our standards.

Just seen the fixtures for March 13th, massive day, us at the toolbox, Leeds at Southampton and Norwich at Huddersfield.
  • Heads didn't drop at Southend and hopefully that spirit and belief will continue against Stockport. Hope their keeper doesn't play as well as he did during the away game and we can get a comfortable win. We are still bound to let one in so a 3-1 home win I reckon (as long as we score first).
  • 2 - 0 to the home side.
  • as long as Parky picks the right team we should win but I'm not confident he will.
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton win...

I'd start Reid and McKenzie if they are fit.
  • First home game I'm missing this season.

Every time I miss a home game we win big so I'm predicting a 3-0 (plus) win for the Reds.
  • 2-1 to us.

Hope Shelvey starts now he's no longer ''only 17 and needs resting''. Over the last 12 months that became an arithmetical mantra to rival ''we're still 2nd/3rd/4th/5th'' (delete as appropriate) !

Seriously, though would love to see him back in the starting line-up.

Is Burton definitely out? I do hope we are not going to pay the price for not getting his hernia seen to earlier in the season. There was one period when there was a window of about three weeks in which he'd only miss one league game and I fully expected him to have the op then and was surprised that he didn't. Instead, we were told he could ''soldier on'' with it until the end of the season. Hope that was correct.
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Jonjo has just gone over on his ankle in training and gone off. Not sure how serious it is.
    Nope, but one of my best mates is (works on the Coca-Cola account and is doing some promo work).
  • 3-0 stocky
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    Nope, but one of my best mates is (works on the Coca-Cola account and is doing some promo work).

Forget that then to late know anyway cheers.

3-1 Charlton Mooney 2 just to nark you all
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]as long as Parky picks the right team we should win but I'm not confident he will.

what is the right team in your opinion?

expect we would have to go for width with Sam and Reid

who would you play alongside Bailey? Racon or Semedo

or are you proposing 4-5-1? Shelvey behind Sodje?
  • not looking forward to this one, I fear for us if we don't score early on (first 20), crowd will become restless etc..

think we will sneak it by 1 goal...but suspect we'll need to score a min of 2 to win