Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Heroes Video

Yup, thanks for everyone who voted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0KKNgWimzk

Comments

• Nice video thanks for sharing it.

lol at Steve Brown in goal!!
  • edited March 2010
    At 55secs isnt that the winner at Harlow in the FA Cup, I remember that when i was about 9. And at 39secs, I wasnt sure as it came between the sam bartram b&w clip and derek hales first clip but isnt that our fans at St Andrews in the play off final
  • edited March 2010
    Id like to use some older stuff for next seasons video intro, have you got access to archived footage cos none of this looks like its been reproduced? The definition of welsh lifting the fa cup from 47 was amazingly sharp for its time, never seen it that good before.
  • That Paul Mortimer goal ... superb!
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]That Paul Mortimer goal ... superb!

superb goal that, didnt we beat chelski 3-0, williams got the other 2. i seem to remember that being a very warm evening
  • Excellent video - watching some of that brings a lump to the throat. Top, top work fella!
  • Great video just to be young again.One POINT ,Hales scored 168 goals for Charlton and Peacock 107 goals.Make sure Hales it not behind you with a shotgun.
  • Hales scores against Ipswich,Hull,Harlow and Chelsea.
    Peacock scores against Chesterfield.
    Williams against West Ham and Derby.
    Paul Mortimer (GOD)scores against Chelsea and Norwich that has to be the best goal on the tape.
    Leaburn scores are only goal in europe against Ancona Italy.
    Wyhte against Leicester while on loan .
  • Great video. I may have missed him, but was Kinsella in there?
  • Very good. Nice to show Steve Brown in goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• great vid..
  • Brilliant vid..... but has anyone got the vid of ortimer scoring against Bradford '97? Indeed most of his goals that season were awesome.
  • superb video. david whytes spelt wrong...

kielys a glaring omission - garry nelson should be in there too, and shaun newton

but superb nonetheless!

i have all the end of season videos from the 90s, including mortimers goal at bradford, and a couple of superb ones against wolves and bristol city in 94/95.
  • That adidas kit Hales is wearing is fantastic. Does anyone know if replicas are made anywhere?
  • great vid hero.......choiceys got some competition!
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Great video. I may have missed him, but was Kinsella in there?

Yes he is.
  • great video, that robinson goal against huddersfield was a cracker.

[quote][cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]That adidas kit Hales is wearing is fantastic. Does anyone know if replicas are made anywhere?[/quote]

dont think so, did see one on a classic football shirt website go for a good few hundred pounds recently though
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]That adidas kit Hales is wearing is fantastic. Does anyone know if replicas are made anywhere?

hopefully they will bring that one and the bukta o out in the retro range soon, theyd sell plenty of the adidas one
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]great vid hero.......choiceys got some competition!

Im sure charlton_hero would tell you this also but theres no competition mate, 2 totally different areas of production. Tbh this is far easier cos its archived professional tv footage rather than original self created content, all you have to do is add the text and the get the rhythmical timing of the music, If I had the footage I could replicate this in a couple of hours. Well compiled though!
  • Excellent stuff.

A bit sad to note that Super Clive only managed 84 apps for us, and Darren Bent only 68.

Robbo's goal v Huddersfiled was the one that set us on our way to promotion that season - a real turning point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for everyone's comments. Its a shame there's a few mistakes in there but these things always seem to come out the woodwork when you think your done, never mind.

Dean Kiely and few others nearly made it in, but due to lack of backing track i couldn't fit them in :(

Yeah big fan of Choice TV's videos, it is a lot harder to do a video like his, but still took bloody ages and a lot of patience for mine. Also Choice if you want that cup winning clip then i guess i could send it or you could download it on Youtube Downloader?

Also want some ideas for new projects? Maybe a Charlton captains video? Some ideas like this would be much appreciated.
  • [cite]Posted By: charlton_hero[/cite]Thanks for everyone's comments. Its a shame there's a few mistakes in there but these things always seem to come out the woodwork when you think your done, never mind.

Dean Kiely and few others nearly made it in, but due to lack of backing track i couldn't fit them in :(

Yeah big fan of Choice TV's videos, it is a lot harder to do a video like his, but still took bloody ages and a lot of patience for mine. Also Choice if you want that cup winning clip then i guess i could send it or you could download it on Youtube Downloader?

Also want some ideas for new projects? Maybe a Charlton captains video? Some ideas like this would be much appreciated.

its time consuming stuff isnt it mate and very addictive once you start (you lock yourself in another world) until its done. plus you get all the technical issues sometimes you have to overcome just to get your end product rendered.
    id love some of that footage though for next seasons intro video

are you doing a course or something at the moment or is it a hobby?

personally id love to see anything from 1978 - 1984 childhood supporting days home or away
  • Great vid Hero, really well done.
  • Great stuff and brings back some positive memories for a change!

I doubt if any footage exists but I'd love to see my old favourite Lennie Glover again if anybody knows how to find it.

Again a long time ago but Bob Curtis would be good too given his health problems recently mentioned in the programme and on here. The youngsters could see who us old gits reminisce about...
  • edited March 2010
    Great vid and thanks....just makes me a bit sad that there's so little footage around of some of our greats such as Bonds....Glover....Hinton....Bailey (Mike that is) Firmani...Summers...and the greatest of them all Leary.... etc.
  • [cite]Posted By: choice TV[/cite]At 55secs isnt that the winner at Harlow in the FA Cup, I remember that when i was about 9. And at 39secs, I wasnt sure as it came between the sam bartram b&w clip and derek hales first clip but isnt that our fans at St Andrews in the play off final
    Choice - yes, that is definitely our fans celebrating at St Andrews.
    Excellent viewing.
  • Whenever I see the Mendonca control, turn and finish goal at Wembley it really gets to me.

Cheers ch.
  • Great video....should be watched before every match!
  • maybe it should be played on the big screen at 2.50pm
  • great vid !

most of those heroes were during my prime charlton years. one of my fav players of cafc all time is John Robinson. I remember being at the training ground when he was on a week-to-week contract basis and he worked his f'n socks off. Then he continued to torment players on the wing and he ended up playing for Wales. ROBBO!!!