Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who has a good memories for old adverts?

Comments

• Options
    Don't forget to tell Sid!

Watch out there's a Humphrey about....
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Medders said:
    Top 100 ads...

Top 100
    FFS.
    Never trust a paramedic!
    Was not in incognito, was on a work computer, somehow that site isn't blocked... I have some explaining to do to the IT manager... Luckily we run together! 
  • Options
    “ I want a ticket to dottingham “ 
  • Options
    Scotch video tape. Re-record not fade away. Pretty sure that was on the ITV highlights of the Charlton vs Leeds play off final we recorded off the tele.
  • Options
    LMHR said:
    The Trevor Francis ad
  • Options
    "You'll wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with Pepserdent!"
  • Options
    "Hovis - the same today as it's always been" - bloody awful!
  • Options
    "Consulate - cool as a mountain stream".
  • Options
    "Clunk click, every trip". Don't even get in the car when that bastard was around!
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    ...hands that do dishes are as soft as your face with mild green _ _ _ _ _  /  _ _ _ _ _ _ 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There were the robots taking the piss out of humans.
    For mash get Smash.
  • Options
    can you ride tandem?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    One saying I still use, every time my girlfriend is on her incredibly uncomfortable bicycle... 

"I were right about that saddle though."
  • Options
    Rowntree's Tots, please yourself!
  • Options
    Every one's a fluffy one.
  • Options
    Advert many,many years ago advertising pink paraffin bloke used to say, "pink don't stink".
  • Options
    The best advert ever (hope it works)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KShjB5jyjM

• Options
    Advert many,many years ago advertising pink paraffin bloke used to say, "pink don't stink".
    They asked me how I knew/It was Esso Blue./I of course replied/"With lower grades one buys,/Smoke gets in your eyes."'
  • Options
    Wow, that takes me back. I remember having paraffin heaters as a kid.  I used to love that 'stink'.

The past is a different world.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    One saying I still use, every time my girlfriend is on her incredibly uncomfortable bicycle... 

"I were right about that saddle though."
    Filmed in Greenwich.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnJk6bkjgko
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't forget to tell Sid!

Watch out there's a Humphrey about....
    If you see Sid, tell him.
  • Options
    They asked me how I knew/It was Esso Blue./I of course replied/"With lower grades one buys,/Smoke gets in your eyes."'
    Blimey mate. I'd forgot Esso Blue. Didn't it go "bom,bom,bom, Esso blue? 
  • Options
    When you walk through the door your pounds worth more - at William's where else!
  • Options
    Seeing that we are on the lines of Yellow Pages, wasn't there one involving an old man in search of a book by J.R. Hartley (i believe that was his name also). On recieving the book from his wife, he pisses himself with exitement and the camera pans up to him smiling contently.
    The author was J R Hartley and the man looking for it was J R Hartley.
  • Options
    DocMartin said:
    "Do the shake and vac"
    Imagine if that was your Mum and everyone at school with you knew it.
  • Options
    LMHR said:
    That was our neighbour.  Very nice bloke.
  • Options
    For carpets you can afford go to Cyril Lord.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    ...hands that do dishes are as soft as your face with mild green _ _ _ _ _  /  _ _ _ _ _ _ 
    Stig said:
    Wow, that takes me back. I remember having paraffin heaters as a kid.  I used to love that 'stink'.

The past is a different world.
    Ah yes, that smell.  I couldn't have been much older than 10 before I was allowed to fill up the reservoir from the cans we kept in the basement.  Even younger than that, when we had an open fire, I'd use an axe to make the kindling from the offcuts of wood Dad would brink home from work.  As you say, the past is a different world.
  • Options
    This is why I've always been a fan of the BBC:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86CZQGdxyMs
  • Options
    This mock ad 'Not for astronauts', makes me laugh, but I'm easily pleased.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0Cjo1MWGZg