Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

facebook

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]I work on allot of facebook stuff.

Its a great tool, but you do have to be careful about it all.

Privacy is a severe issue - checkthis out

not a user myself, what's the significance of the link?
  • Options
    alrite tel hows tricks bud
  • Options
    Facebook helps me bring business into the bar, and to keep in touch with old and new friends. The friends I have are a humourous bunch, and updates are not of the "been to the shops, bought runner beans" variety, often they make me laugh and some good banter is to be had. I now have access to photos from years gone by that other people had taken and that I had never seen, bringing back some great memories that had been lost in a haze of alcohol.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]alrite tel hows tricks bud

not too bad mate, how's you and the family?
  • Options
    I was advised to get myself onto Facebook when I lost my job The reason being that potential employers may search the internet to find out about you and not having a Facebook page may be taken as a bad thing... The other thing I was told to get onto was Linkedin - I've got a sort of minimal presence on that as well now...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]I was advised to get myself onto Facebook when I lost my job The reason being that potential employers may search the internet to find out about you and not having a Facebook page may be taken as a bad thing... The other thing I was told to get onto was Linkedin - I've got a sort of minimal presence on that as well now...
    A bad thing? What about the stories of employers checking Facebook for drunken photos, statuses moaning about work etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]I was advised to get myself onto Facebook when I lost my job The reason being that potential employers may search the internet to find out about you and not having a Facebook page may be taken as a bad thing... The other thing I was told to get onto was Linkedin - I've got a sort of minimal presence on that as well now...

absolute rubbish in my opinion
  • Options
    More likely potential employers will look at FB to check out whether you behave yourself when out of work.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]

not a user myself, what's the significance of the link?

Just seen this - Its a website that searches everyone's status updates on facebook who's privacy settings are set to public.

Basically shows what everyone is saying!
  • Options
    Correction - shows what morons are saying. Anyone who has their privacy settings allowing everyone to see everything they write is an absolute pilchard. Seriously - go through it by searching for pretty much anything. You'll see - pretty much every post is written by people with the IQ of a chicken nugget.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]I was advised to get myself onto Facebook when I lost my jobThe reason being that potential employers may search the internet to find out about you and not having a Facebook page may be taken as a bad thing... The other thing I was told to get onto was Linkedin - I've got a sort of minimal presence on that as well now...

absolute rubbish in my opinion

Based on what? I'm just relaying to you what I was told by a recruitment professional
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]More likely potential employers will look at FB to check out whether you behave yourself when out of work.

That's exactly my point - I thought that if I didn't have a facebook presence that would be okay, but I was told by an expert in the field of recruitment that it's better to be on facebook to show yourself in a good light, rather than to not be on it at all.
  • Options
    Much prefer Twitter.
  • Options
    saga lout is correct. Employers DO check facebook and elsewhere. Know for a fact that clients have done it to me.

Use it to your advantage and say what a great company you have an upcoming interview with while mentioning how much you love your wife/husband and kids and only leave them to raise money for local charities.
  • Options
    or just keep your profile as private and then they wont have a scooby what your like until they meet you!
  • Options
    one client of mine found a private report I had written for another client on the net.

Luckily they were impressed. If spotty kids can hack the Pentagon then someone can access your FB page.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Correction - shows what morons are saying. Anyone who has their privacy settings allowing everyone to see everything they write is an absolute pilchard. Seriously - go through it by searching for pretty much anything. You'll see - pretty much every post is written by people with the IQ of a chicken nugget.

Not going to disagree with you at all there!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]one client of mine found a private report I had written for another client on the net.

Luckily they were impressed. If spotty kids can hack the Pentagon then someone can access your FB page.

if an employer hacked my facebook then im not sure i would wanna work for them!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]one client of mine found a private report I had written for another client on the net.

Ummm... Spotty kids don't 'hack' the pentagon. They chuck a remote admin tool on user machines because the IT security there is so shit that their firewall for some unknown reason allowed access to PCAnywhere on all user machines, some of whom didn't even bother to password protect them.

Don't believe anything you read/see about IT Security - 99% of it is bullshit.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]one client of mine found a private report I had written for another client on the net.

Luckily they were impressed. If spotty kids can hack the Pentagon then someone can access your FB page.[/quote]
    Ummm... Spotty kids don't 'hack' the pentagon. They chuck a remote admin tool on user machines because the IT security there is so shit that their firewall for some unknown reason allowed access to PCAnywhere on all user machines, some of whom didn't even bother to password protect them.

Don't believe anything you read/see about IT Security - 99% of it is bullshit.[/quote]

All over my head by individuals did access pentagon computers.

FB is also said to have a number of weaknesses in its security too but I'm not an IT geek just a user : - )
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leroy's just nitpicking anyway.
  • Options
    Nitpicking at what?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Correction - shows what morons are saying. Anyone who has their privacy settings allowing everyone to see everything they write is an absolute pilchard. Seriously - go through it by searching for pretty much anything. You'll see - pretty much every post is written by people with the IQ of a chicken nugget.

On the basis of this post, I checked for "chicken nugget" on Openbook.

"James Taylor Accidently ate a raw chicken nugget, yummy "

I think you might be right.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Nitpicking at what?

When Henry (a non IT professional) said hacked, I knew what he meant. Simply that they gained access. You were just nitpicking when you needed to point out that they gained remote access because some of their PCanywhere programs weren't password protected, and that that is not 'technically' hacking.

That's all I meant by nitpicking.
  • Options
    Oh - I see. Furry muff. It just it is me when the media make password guessing out to be a 'hack'. You need skill to be a hacker. You don't need any skill to buy a commercial remote access tool, point it at government-owned IP addresses and enter 'password'.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]

On the basis of this post, I checked for "chicken nugget" on Openbook.

"James Taylor Accidently ate a raw chicken nugget, yummy "

I think you might be right.

hahaha
  • Options
    Facebook is down, how am I going to talk to my friends now??? Help!!!!
  • Options
    Cant get on either, just a blank page. Just before it went I saw they changed my profile without asking, thanks!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Facebook is down, how am I going to talk to my friends now??? Help!!!!

m.facebook.com

its facebook mobile :)
  • Options
    mines good now