Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bridge withdraws from international football

13»

Comments

• Options
    Wayne Bridge. What a joke of a man. That he should put his own lovers tiff before his country. Sanctimoniousness defined.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Some intriguing thoughts on the actions of Mr Bridge!

I think I fall into the 'old romantic' side of this debate, & say that I think Bridge has undertaken a very brave decision.

Yes, he has let his heart rule over his football head, but without knowing his absolute thoughts on the whole Terry & his ex' scenario, it does seem that he has had his heart broken very badly.

I think it's very easy to say 'get on with it, you're a pro', etc, (all a bit too macho for me) & I wonder how some people would feel if it were 2 Charlton players in a similar situation? Okay, representing your country at the World Cup is a bit different to playing for us, but at the end of the day, he is still a human being, & it's not like he is quitting football entirely over it. .(I will add I'm Charlton over country any day. 12 or so years of England dross & underperformance since 96, by mainly overpaid playboys, drained me before Capello took the reigns)

To consider: There may have been a crossover(as mentioned by someone else here), he may have had full intentions of winning his ex' back, or have been attempting to, while Terry was 'hiding his stash'(so to speak).
    Terry being a very close/best friend in the first instance, maybe knowing that Bridge wanted her back(if he did), & maybe putting the moves on whilst they were still together.

Again, no-one really knows, so it's all speculation-tastic at the mo'. For my penneth, I'll say that if any so-called best mate, & work colleague of mine moved in, one way or the other(no pun intended), during, or after a relationship with my missus, I'd be most dis-pleased, well, f*cking crushed really, & I'd want to avoid working, or any form of contact with the protagonist at all costs.

Be curious to see what'll happen if Bridge plays against Terry in their forthcoming club clash.
  • Options
    Man City to win 2-0 at the weekend.
  • Options
    She was not his girlfriend at the time John Terry was shagging her. When Bridge split with her did he expect her to remain celibate? Or, at the least, not shag another premiership footballer?

He had a relationship and a child with one of thousands of whores/wags/groupies that try and shag premiership footballers every week end. Does he really believe that she would have looked at him twice if he was not a premiership footballer? If members of some of the world’s best rock bands over the last 40 years behaved in such a precious pre-Madonna fashion they would have had very short careers.

And anyway, he is not nearly good enough and won’t be missed. What will be missed are the natural leadership qualities of John Terry. Now that Ferdinand is looking doubtful I hope Capello takes the opportunity to ignore the prurient English tabloid press and the puritanical and hypocritical over reaction of the public and re-instate Terry as the captain when he names his final squad.
  • Options
    It's strange, with my England supporting hat on I have to say I'm not sure he's made a good call, but then I've never been in his situation and god willing I never will be (in the whole best mate/girl thing anyway- 75k a week? bring it on!) so I honestly cant say from a personal point of view whether I wouldn't do the exact same thing.
  • Options
    I think we are missing the point it was his best friend a man he probably confided in in his hour of hurt. The man listened to his troubles got in his motor and went round there and rumped her. Basically he has been shafted by twice by 2 of the closest people to him.

You need to be able to communicate with people and the only thing bridge will want to do is be as far away as possible. People say he is a coward and should man up have not a clue I know.
  • Options
    People seem to think it is an easy decision and a coward's way out to miss a World Cup as well. I can't imagine that's the case at all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]People seem to think it is an easy decision and a coward's way out to miss a World Cup as well. I can't imagine that's the case at all.

I know exactly 2 weeks in top hotels, knocking back shots, supping beers round the pool with the other lads, having a kick about
    Cape Town, Jo'burg all on the tab. THIS descision was not easy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]She was not his girlfriend at the time John Terry was shagging her. When Bridge split with her did he expect her to remain celibate? Or, at the least, not shag another premiership footballer?

He had a relationship and a child with one of thousands of whores/wags/groupies that try and shag premiership footballers every week end. Does he really believe that she would have looked at him twice if he was not a premiership footballer? If members of some of the world’s best rock bands over the last 40 years behaved in such a precious pre-Madonna fashion they would have had very short careers.

And anyway, he is not nearly good enough and won’t be missed. What will be missed are the natural leadership qualities of John Terry. Now that Ferdinand is looking doubtful I hope Capello takes the opportunity to ignore the prurient English tabloid press and the puritanical and hypocritical over reaction of the public and re-instate Terry as the captain when he names his final squad.

Have you considered a career in councilling by any chance ? I think you ignore the one thing that nobody other than Wayne Bridge can know and that is how HE is feeling. I am sure that your knowledge of the exact dynamics of the tri relationship
    is second to none but have you considered that there just might be the possibility that certain aspects of the relationship might just have passed you and the rest of the world by. If Bridge feels the way he feels then that is all that matters and the fact that you feel he won`t be missed and that John Terry should be reinstated as captain will no doubt worry Mr. Capello who through either lack of experience or bad footballing judgement has concluded that Terry is not fit as captain and that he would prefer to take Bridge to South Africa.
  • Options
    She has come out with her opinion of Bridges decision in todays papers. She really is a proper old dog and needs putting down.
    I have kinda changed my mind and say only Bridge knows exactly how he feels, so everyone should respect that, leave the man alone and move on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]She was not his girlfriend at the time John Terry was shagging her. When Bridge split with her did he expect her to remain celibate? Or, at the least, not shag another premiership footballer?

Have you considered a career in councilling by any chance ? I think you ignore the one thing that nobody other than Wayne Bridge can know and that is how HE is feeling. I am sure that your knowledge of the exact dynamics of the tri relationship
    is second to none but have you considered that there just might be the possibility that certain aspects of the relationship might just have passed you and the rest of the world by.
    If Bridge feels the way he feels then that is all that matters and the fact that you feel he won`t be missed and that John Terry should be reinstated as captain will no doubt worry Mr. Capello who through either lack of experience or bad footballing judgement has concluded that Terry is not fit as captain and that he would prefer to take Bridge to South Africa.

You are missing my point! As you always do!

Plus, I feel I need to point out the heavy use of sarcasm in your response. I have highlighted your sarcastic comments in bold. I have told you before that you start losing any argument as soon as you start using sarcasm to make your case.

I am not saying he should not withdraw from the squad. If he feels the way he says he does, then obviously he has every right to withdraw. In every squad/team there are relationships and dynamics (not just sexual) that pass me and the rest of the world by mainly because the people involved do not feel the need to discuss them in public.

For instance, when Bridge started his relationship with this woman, who was the previous girlfriend of 3 or 4 of his teammates at Chelsea, it obviously hurt the feelings of those teammates and affected the team spirit and probably cost Chelsea the premiership title a couple of times. But did we hear anything from those teammates complaining that they did not want to play in the same side as Bridge?

(Bit of sarcasm there but you started it)

If he wants to withdraw then let him. I just wish he would stop playing the victim.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]I just wish he would stop playing the victim.
    That is absolutely ridiculous.

He has maintained a dignified silence throughout this whole debacle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]I just wish he would stop playing the victim.
    That is absolutely ridiculous.

He has maintained a dignified silence throughout this whole debacle.

Not much of a silence when the whole world seems to know his most intimate thoughts on the matter.
  • Options
    Do they? What are they?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Foolish boy ill advised IMO may as well have just said he is resigning from English football,

we dont need a coward out there any how

I can't see how he is being a coward, could you go to work, day in day out and work with your best mate, who you know used your friendship as a way down her pants? I'm pretty sure you wouldnt, it would be wrong to do so, for everyones sake.

Some of you really need to get a grip on yourselves, football is a job, that's it, if you consider your job as moer valuable than your life/health/wellbeing then more fool you, you're an idiot.
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    Oh I see sorry crack on terry and send us the vid, because your the better player

Actually I do think that, like that false choice over picking either Terry or Bridge, cause Cappello was never going to drop Terry.

Anyway, at least it means we'll take decent cover for Cole if fit, instead of someone who is amazingly average

I wonder if your attitude would be as shitty if it was your ex/mrs who'd been getting slammed by your best mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Do they? What are they?

Well lets just say the world has got a much better idea of how deeply hurt Bridge feels about the whole sorry episode than they do about how John Terry's wife feels about it.She has kept a dignified silence. Bridge is acting like an old queen.
  • Options
    I know you're on a wind-up now, so crack on mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I know you're on a wind-up now, so crack on mate.

Ok.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Do they? What are they?

Well lets just say the world has got a much better idea of how deeply hurt Bridge feels about the whole sorry episode than they do about how John Terry's wife feels about it.She has kept a dignified silence. Bridge is acting like an old queen.

She however has the advantage of having gonew through it all before, she chooses to spend her life with a scum bag, bridge has made a different choice, hardly makes him an old queen, does it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]

Have you considered a career in councilling by any chance ?I think you ignore the one thing that nobody other than Wayne Bridge can know and that is how HE is feeling.I am sure that your knowledge of the exact dynamics of the tri relationship
    is second to none but have you considered that there just might be the possibility that certain aspects of the relationship might just have passed you and the rest of the world by.
    If Bridge feels the way he feels then that is all that matters and thefact that you feel he won`t be missed and that John Terry should be reinstated as captain will no doubt worry Mr. Capello who through either lack of experience or bad footballing judgement has concluded that Terry is not fit as captain and that he would prefer to take Bridge to South Africa.

You are missing my point! As you always do!

Plus, I feel I need to point out the heavy use of sarcasm in your response. I have highlighted your sarcastic comments in bold. I have told you before that you start losing any argument as soon as you start using sarcasm to make your case.

I am not saying he should not withdraw from the squad. If he feels the way he says he does, then obviously he has every right to withdraw. In every squad/team there are relationships and dynamics (not just sexual) that pass me and the rest of the world by mainly because the people involved do not feel the need to discuss them in public.

For instance, when Bridge started his relationship with this woman, who was the previous girlfriend of 3 or 4 of his teammates at Chelsea, it obviously hurt the feelings of those teammates and affected the team spirit and probably cost Chelsea the premiership title a couple of times. But did we hear anything from those teammates complaining that they did not want to play in the same side as Bridge?

(Bit of sarcasm there but you started it)

If he wants to withdraw then let him. I just wish he would stop playing the victim.

Sarcasm is a blunt instrument but effective in an argument when apt. It would seem to me that your argument is based upon a set of moral values and judgements that you see fit to assume is accepted by others. eg " Whores, Wags, Groupies " when describing a group of young women with whom you have no knowledge. You make assumptions about Terry, Bridge and "the whore" (more sarcasm) with the same lack of knowledge other than from the and I quote "prurient tabloid press". You cannot have your cake and eat it.

For what its worth, I think that during the relationship breakup of Wayne Bridge and "the whore" (there i go again), Wayne took solace, friendship and advice from his good friend Mr. Terry. I would imagine that if Bridge did confide and pour his heart out to Terry then a feeling of betrayal is not beyond possibility. Do we also know how Bridge continued to feel about VP after the split ? Perhaps he was distraught over the split ? The answer is none of us know the real truth and should stop condemning Bridge based upon our version of morality and lack of understanding.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would i leave my job because the bloke in the office polled my missus ??

No i wouldnt i would front him out and deal with it , then for the sake of my Job and others within my business i would deal with him on a work basis only

Wayne Bridge is acting like a spineless coward in my opinion and JT is a piece of shit but atleast he aint letting his country down when we need it most,

They are professional footballers word being Professional
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sarcasm is a blunt instrument but effective in an argument when apt. It would seem to me that your argument is based upon a set of moral values and judgements that you see fit to assume is accepted by others. eg " Whores, Wags, Groupies " when describing a group of young women with whom you have no knowledge. You make assumptions about Terry, Bridge and "the whore" (more sarcasm) with the same lack of knowledge other than from the and I quote "prurient tabloid press". You cannot have your cake and eat it.

For what its worth, I think that during the relationship breakup of Wayne Bridge and "the whore" (there i go again), Wayne took solace, friendship and advice from his good friend Mr. Terry. I would imagine that if Bridge did confide and pour his heart out to Terry then a feeling of betrayal is not beyond possibility. Do we also know how Bridge continued to feel about VP after the split ? Perhaps he was distraught over the split ? The answer is none of us know the real truth and should stop condemning Bridge based upon our version of morality and lack of understanding.

You have missed the point again and now your argument is rambling all over the place (are you saying we should stop condemning John Terry based on our version of morality and because no one is prevy to all the facts?) It will take too long to deal with it here so I will deal with it tonight!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not the bloke in the office, your best mate, the geeza you've been speaking to pouring your heart out to about how tough things are with your mrs, only for him to go and give her one (or several)

So what should Bridge have done? Gone round the and smashed the cnuts face in? I imagine he'd have wanted to, but that's not really the rightr answer is it.

You're right, he's a professional footballer, you know why, because it's his job, he's chosen to put his LIFE before that job, I can't fault the guy for doing that.

His country doenst need him, we won't win the WC with, or without Bridge! Letting his country down would have been going out to the WC and stepping onto the pitch without being mentally sound to do so and ended up smacking JT in the face, how much worse for England would that have been.

At the end of the day we're talking about football, a game compared to the mother of his child!!
  • Options
    Stu

His ex missus we must all remember that

you can not tell me that Bridge did not know about Mutu, Gudjonsen and the others all getting hold of this bird before him???

I know of several woman that when i was younger went through most of the Charlton players that were coming through the ranks and also went through Mark Beard, Mark kennedy, Ben Thantcher and the likes at Millsmall,

They all shared out Their numbers and had a go crude i accept but it is a fact, i know this cos i witnessed it with me own eyes,

I doubt footballers have got more morales now than they had then??

He needs to get on with his life so by some stroke of fortune Barca come in for Bridge he moves there becomes one of the best defenders in the world and then they by JT what does he do Leave??

There has to be a point that you stop running and it is best that you never run in the first place, i dont buy this Wayne Bridge has put life before football without football he would have no life like he has now,

personally i think he is a top player he is more than able to be selected as cover for Cole and therefore he has made a Huge ricket not fronting him out and acting in a manor that is proffesional.