Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

walsall v charlton - post match views

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
Post all post match views here

Comments

• Pitch was muddy, lol
  • Oh dear - do they have to???
  • Very frustrating night. Not because we played poorly, but because we just couldn't craft that one chance 2nd half. Really stepped it up 2nd half after a tepid 1st. Terrible pitch.

Long journey home now. Sat in traffic crawling to the m6.

446 charlton, no booers, and got behind the team pretty well
  • well done to the travelling support .....
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Very frustrating night. Not because we played poorly,

But all the people sat at home who couldn't make sense of anything the woman commentator was stuttering on about, none of which was actually about the football itself - will tell you that you are wrong, AFKA.

;o)
  • Same old really innit. Havent the goals in us, been like this for years and years. And years.

Fair play to the nutters who went up there.
  • So do we need Semedo in the middle? Can we win without him there, or did we miss him?
  • Not really sure the pitch can be blamed. Its the same for them as it is for us and lets be honest we cant really say it affects a passing team more. We have been playing the long ball for weeks now so the pitch dont really come into it
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]So do we need Semedo in the middle? Can we win without him there, or did we miss him?

I think it's Clive Mendonca and Darren Bent that we miss.
  • as i said on the other thread,a draw against walsall is a fantastic result for us. the lads dug deep after the last 10 poor performances so to draw against a team with the advantage of playing with 10 men for the last half hour is nothing short of miraculous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done the 446.

Good positive support.
  • Glad Racon's back, not sure what's missing, just that finishing touch. Once one of our striker hits some fine form I'm sure the rest of the team will be teed up to play, I'd have probably prefered Sam to start and subbed off if needed a bit in.

Credit to the nutty lot who made the trip up, let's hope it's a point that sneaks us into 2nd place on the last day off League 1!!!
  • M6 - 1 lane. Not moving.

Great
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]So do we need Semedo in the middle? Can we win without him there, or did we miss him?

I think it's Clive Mendonca and Darren Bent that we miss.
    Well yes but with Semedo there we might have won the ball and started an attack. Then again Racon won the penalty. Clearly we need a regular goalscoring striker, but we're unlikely to get one.

Just wondering if we look like we can manage without Semedo in there, as good as he has been, or we'd miss him. The commentry did mention us being 2nd to the ball and I think not winning things in the air, Semedo is better at that at least compared to Bailey and Racon.
  • How many of Burtons goals are pens?
  • Slipped up again lads i see it was only last week on here you were rubbing your hands at our poor form its a funny old league aint it. Surprised Colchester won to be honest they were crap at ours on saturday. Hope we get beat by Spurs tomorrow night but have a sneaky feeling we could do them, would rather win at Carlisle next tuesday and get a trip to Wembley even starting to dream of the treble now LOL, hang on tight its going to be a bit of a roller coaster ride for us all over the next 4 months.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Very frustrating night. Not because we played poorly, but because we just couldn't craft that one chance 2nd half. Really stepped it up 2nd half after a tepid 1st. Terrible pitch.

Long journey home now. Sat in traffic crawling to the m6.

446 charlton, no booers, and got behind the team pretty well

so we stepped it up second half but still couldn't create that one chance. First half must have been dire.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oaky white[/cite]Slipped up again lads i see it was only last week on here you were rubbing your hands at our poor form its a funny old league aint it. Surprised Colchester won to be honest they were crap at ours on saturday. Hope we get beat by Spurs tomorrow night but have a sneaky feeling we could do them, would rather win at Carlisle next tuesday and get a trip to Wembley even starting to dream of the treble now LOL, hang on tight its going to be a bit of a roller coaster ride for us all over the next 4 months.

You're right there Oaky Dokey, funny old league.

I think what's bothering our crowd, is whether we want it enough ...... and where we were scoring for fun before Xmas, we're still making plenty of chances but not making them count.

Is most of it just in the player's minds ....?

It'll probably all turn on it's head again before Easter, then twist again afterwards.
    One thing you can't take anything for granted..... because it just kicks you in the nuts if you do.
  • So if the forwards can't put chances away should we switch back to 5 in midfield? how were waggy, racon and solly?
  • Frankly I found the commentary crap, but then I am not alone in that........
    rather not talk about the game, heard the Chalton fans, and to me that was a big positive for the night.
    Midweek going to a shit hole of a ground, the pitch being terible and the commentator eh! not knowing if the player has er! been er.... red carded... has he!... eh yes....I thought he had been yellow carded, but eh! red!
    and that is commentary , bring back Mark Mansfield please......biased well informed Charlton fan, who can concerntrate on the game please....
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]bring back Mark Mansfield please......biased well informed Charlton fan, who can concerntrate on the game please....

Or even Steve Brown....?
  • Leeds came from behind to win 2-1 late on at Walsall, Norwich came from behind to win 2-1 late on at Walsall, but we just haven't quite got that cutting edge which sadly i fear is going to be our downfall.
    I'm sure there are those that will tell me there's a long way to go, and you'd be right, but deep down you must also fear that we're going to fall short. Can't keep clean sheets and the goals have dried up
  • edited February 2010
    Was at the game tonight and have just got home as live in the West Midlands. Yes, agree, pitch was awful and you will never get a decent game of football playing in mud and rain. Reid was brilliant and a class above every player on the pitch in my opinion. He just needs a little composure in front of goal but his crosses were good from the left and running was excellent. Still can't believe we cannot play the front two into the game instead we smack 90 mile an hour balls into their chests. This long ball shit has to stop as we were much better bringing the ball out from the back down the flanks. Biggest concern for me is the lack of chances on goal, the players seem reluctant to have shots. Should have won today and that's now only 2 points from 9.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Leeds came from behind to win 2-1 late on at Walsall, Norwich came from behind to win 2-1 late on at Walsall, but we just haven't quite got that cutting edge which sadly i fear is going to be our downfall.
    I'm sure there are those that will tell me there's a long way to go, and you'd be right, but deep down you must also fear that we're going to fall short. Can't keep clean sheets and the goals have dried up
    I think we'll make the play-offs, but not confident at all that we could win them. Worry is we'd then have to sell and release a lot of our better players, would then be a struggle to challenge next season like we have this season.

Still there is a long way to go. A month ago Leeds were certain to win the league. Now Norwich are supposed to be. Can all change with a good run. We're capable of beating anyone in this league, do worry we lack a goalscorer up front though, which would take the pressure of Bailey and Burton. Will probably have to make do with what we have, and if we can't score loads we need to improve defensively and keep clean sheets.
  • I need OGGY!!

Im starting to feel a bit down....
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]I need OGGY!!

Im starting to feel a bit down....

I'm here mate.

But I need you to cheer me up.......

:o(
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]How many of Burtons goals are pens?

How many of Darren Bent's goals were pens?
    Or Mendonca's?
    Or Killer's?

;o)
  • Bbc 3 now! That'll cheer you up!
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Bbc 3 now! That'll cheer you up!

Telly's not working at the mo, Suz.

Phew! lucky escape, eh.....?
  • Oggy thats such a pathetic comeback.

Boooooooooooooooo