Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Latest Films

Comments

• edited December 2023
    Went to see Wonka, cinema got completely evacuated before the film finished, bit of a new one for me, decided to come home, rather than wait outside in the cold.

• Went to see Wonka, cinema got completely XXX before the film finished, bit of a new one for me.

Was it wet? I bet it was wet?
  • Thought the creator was very good.
    From the Rogue one director.
  • stonemuse said:
    TEL said:
    Leave the world behind. 

Steaming pile of cacky poo poo sums it up. 

Couldnt finish fast enough, felt like it went on for days. 
     0/10

Leave the world behind

Agree, what a load of pelt, dont even bother, another 0/10
    Won't try too hard to defend it but I thought it was quite watchable, a 6 or 7 from 10 for me. It was fairly well grounded in a contemporary context, I.e risk of cyber attack.

It was modelled around what I think is known CIA methods for toppling foreign regimes it doesn't like but set in America so bringng the fear home. The use of sound weaponry is not so far from reality and was used in Cuba (if reports are to be believed) as referenced in the film. Theres also a tacit reference to the Bilderberg Group or something like it, of shadowy powerful people, influencing or reacting to global events.

Why animals got disoriented in the process I do not know! The acting wasn't great and the characters weren't so well developed. The women in particular were annoying to me. The ending felt lazy.

On the plus side I enjoyed the crash scenes of ships, planes and automobiles. 

Interestingly, Barack and Michelle Obama were exec producers. Not sure if that means they were involved in funding or signing off parts of the script or production, or whole thing? Overall I thought it was a film 'of these times', but not too heavy or scary.
    Did appear they were setting it up for a sequel (and/or prequel) 
    Doesn't take much to confuse me but which film is this referring to, please ?
    Leave the World Behind @Fanny Fanackan

Julia Roberts latest film
  • stonemuse said:
    TEL said:
    Leave the world behind. 

0/10

Leave the world behind

Won't try too hard to defend it but I thought it was quite watchable, a 6 or 7 from 10 for me. It was fairly well grounded in a contemporary context, I.e risk of cyber attack.

It was modelled around what I think is known CIA methods for toppling foreign regimes it doesn't like but set in America so bringng the fear home. The use of sound weaponry is not so far from reality and was used in Cuba (if reports are to be believed) as referenced in the film. Theres also a tacit reference to the Bilderberg Group or something like it, of shadowy powerful people, influencing or reacting to global events.

Why animals got disoriented in the process I do not know! The acting wasn't great and the characters weren't so well developed. The women in particular were annoying to me. The ending felt lazy.

Interestingly, Barack and Michelle Obama were exec producers. Not sure if that means they were involved in funding or signing off parts of the script or production, or whole thing? Overall I thought it was a film 'of these times', but not too heavy or scary.
    Doesn't take much to confuse me but which film is this referring to, please ?
    Leave the World Behind @Fanny Fanackan

Julia Roberts latest film
    Ah, thanks.
  • Saw Wonka tonight, my first cinema visit in a year (since Lyle Lyle Crocodile).

Family night out and loved it, easy watch, good for all ages and some great characters. Not unnecessarily long either.
  • TEL said:
    Leave the world behind. 

0/10

Leave the world behind

Well, tonight we took the plunge......

....and came out the other side, shaken but not stirred.

Echo swords_alive's views on the whole although couldn't particularly fault the acting.

Very much in the  M. Night Shyamalan style IMO & although  he has produced a few turkeys, on the whole, I enjoy films of that genre, and this one didn't disappoint. 

Overall, a thought provoking 2+ hours that might give a glimmer of what we could be facing in the future....but then I tend to watch too many apocalyptic type of films.

However, we'll be off to Sainsbury's in the morning to fill our trolley with tins of beans ...

.......and wine. B)
  • TEL said:
    Leave the world behind. 

0/10
    Yep got half way in, stopped watching. Literally nothing going on the whole of the time, it tries to be a mystery but it's awful. Julia Roberts very unlikeable too in it
    2/10
  • TEL said:
    Leave the world behind. 

0/10

Leave the world behind

Cliffs: Don't watch it, i get the concept its just so dull and nothing going on for most parts of the film. It would have to have a huge turn around the second half but 1 hour of my life i wont get back
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2023
    After getting booted out from my last cinema outing, I haven't seen the new Godzilla film yet, but my son reckons its a 9 out of 10 , anyone else on here seen it yet?
  • TEL said:
    Leave the world behind. 

0/10
    Yep got half way in, stopped watching. Literally nothing going on the whole of the time, it tries to be a mystery but it's awful. Julia Roberts very unlikeable too in it
    2/10
    Worst film I've seen since 'Knock at the Cabin' which was even worse...
  • TEL said:
    Leave the world behind. 

0/10

Leave the world behind

Echo swords_alive's views on the whole although couldn't particularly fault the acting.

Very much in the  M. Night Shyamalan style IMO & although  he has produced a few turkeys, on the whole, I enjoy films of that genre, and this one didn't disappoint. 

Overall, a thought provoking 2+ hours that might give a glimmer of what we could be facing in the future....but then I tend to watch too many apocalyptic type of films.

However, we'll be off to Sainsbury's in the morning to fill our trolley with tins of beans ...

.......and wine. B)
    Yep, also watched it yesterday and was expecting a really shit movie. I mean one where everyone is in agreement in just how bad it is/was.

It was very much watchable. Not the greatest movie ever but certainly nowhere near being as bad as is being made out.

It was all suspense driven as opposed to having the storyline driving the movie. Relatively easy watch. It won't win any awards but passed 2hrs quite nicely.

For anyone that hasn't seen Leo, the animated movie, I thoroughly recommend it. Very funny throughout.
  • TEL said:
    Leave the world behind. 

0/10

Leave the world behind

.......and wine. B)
    Yep, also watched it yesterday and was expecting a really shit movie. I mean one where everyone is in agreement in just how bad it is/was.

It was very much watchable. Not the greatest movie ever but certainly nowhere near being as bad as is being made out.

It was all suspense driven as opposed to having the storyline driving the movie. Relatively easy watch. It won't win any awards but passed 2hrs quite nicely.

For anyone that hasn't seen Leo, the animated movie, I thoroughly recommend it. Very funny throughout.
    Thanks for your endorsement, BBW. 

Camaraderie between local rivals ! 

Happy Xmas to you & yours.  
  • Saw Wonka tonight, my first cinema visit in a year (since Lyle Lyle Crocodile).

Family night out and loved it, easy watch, good for all ages and some great characters. Not unnecessarily long either.
    We know you’re not 
  • TEL said:
    Leave the world behind. 

0/10

Leave the world behind

.......and wine. B)

Reflects my thoughts too 
  • edited December 2023
    After getting booted out from my last cinema outing, I haven't seen the new Godzilla film yet, but my son reckons it’s a 9 out of 10 , anyone else on here seen it yet?
    Not having a great run of it at the moment.

Went to watch the 3 musketeers part 2 , which is a subtitled film.

Unfortunately not only did we have no subtitles working, but after mentioning this to the management, after trying to fix the film and get the subtitles back on, we ended up with ‘sorry we can’t fix it, and sorry but we can’t get the film back on, so no film at all, not happy, I give up!
  • Napoleon, the cast was set, epic history, great actor in JP and great director in RS.

Unfortunately very disappointing and for me, a real bummer.
    Another thumbs down for Napoleon for me I'm afraid. Would have preferred more on the history/politics but way too much doggy style shagging and horses getting killed with cannon balls.

Very disappointing.
  • TELTEL
    edited December 2023
    stonemuse said:
    TEL said:
    Leave the world behind. 

0/10

Leave the world behind

Let's hope they use the money to help the homeless rather than this drivel.
  • TEL said:
    stonemuse said:
    TEL said:
    Leave the world behind. 

0/10

Leave the world behind

Let's hope they use the money to help the homeless rather than this drivel.
    Oh dear ! This really has rattled your cage, Tel.....

All about opinions, of course , but I hope more Lifers will take the plunge & give it a go then come on here with their views. 

Spoke with our daughter & SIL earlier today, a different generation & far more likely to have strong opinions on such fare, but pleased to hear they enjoyed it too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw Wonka this afternoon. 

Great family fun. 
    Lots of little nods to the original. 
  • Not new, but just watched The Marsh Kings Daughter. 
    Very enjoyable film. 7/10
  • Saw Wonka this afternoon. 

Great family fun. 
    Lots of little nods to the original. 
    Really enjoyed this.
  • Napoleon, the cast was set, epic history, great actor in JP and great director in RS.

Unfortunately very disappointing and for me, a real bummer.
    Another thumbs down for Napoleon for me I'm afraid. Would have preferred more on the history/politics but way too much doggy style shagging and horses getting killed with cannon balls.

Very disappointing.
    Yes, that was pretty horrific @charente_addick
  • Ferrari is worth a watch. 7/10 for me.  
  • Have seen Wonka and Aquaman the Lost Kingdom over the last few days.

Loved Wonka - part nostalgia I am sure, but thought the pace, humour and story were all winners. Music/songs were ok, but the best being the use of two of the originals. Chalamet was better than I had anticipated, Olivia Coleman her excellent usual self and thought Hugh Grant a very amusing Oompa Loompa. 9/10

Aquaman - the end of the DCEU and a movie that kind of epitomised the overall series for me. Some pretty exciting elements to it, decent enough action, a few humorous moments, but while a decent story, a weaker script than could have been the case and underdeveloped/utilised characters - like Nicole Kidman’s returning character who was given barely anything to do or play with. Anyhow, could I watch it again, yes,  and overall was pleased this series did not go out with a whimper, as I am a DC fan. 7/10
  • Finally got to see Napoleon. Big disappointment.
    5/10.
  • Leave the World Behind was almost as long as Napoleon, unlike Napoleon i didn't want it to end.
    Plenty of suspense, a Black Mirror esq film with a good ending, even if it was predictable.
  • I've just finished watching Saltburn 

8/10 

Everyone acts well in it, the twist I did not see coming and its not the "big" twist at the end most people will think I'm a bit thick for not getting. 

I did think I was going to throw up at least twice during it. 

• PopIcon said:
    Leave the World Behind was almost as long as Napoleon, unlike Napoleon i didn't want it to end.
    Plenty of suspense, a Black Mirror esq film with a good ending, even if it was predictable.
    We've been recommending this one to friends & family.