Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Latest Films

Comments

• Options
    Licorice Pizza - very much an American Graffiti vibe with personable leads and a great sense of style. 
    Saw this today - not really sure what to make of it. Captures the atmosphere of the time and visually is spot on but I didn't feel that involved with the main characters.

Surprised how much critics are raving about it.
  • Options
    Mother/Android - My god, what a pile of shit.
  • Options
    Caught Don't Look Up yesterday, and to be honest, it grated from beginning to end. There wasn't a sigle character I didn't find effortlessly irritating, from DiCaprio offering pointless science when all he needed to do was explain what the comet meant, to the talk show hostess, and the just numbing imbecility of everyone who had better things to do than deal with what was coming. I enjoyed the ending, but that simply turned the rest into an overlong shaggy dog story. I really wanted to like this more but when the characters are all annoying, that ain't gonna happen.
    4/10
    Loved it! Great blend of comedy and serious social commentary. Best film I'd seen for ages! 9/10 from me.
  • Options
    Late to the party I know but saw The Gentleman last night on Netflix.

Its so typical Ritchie.

I loved it. Even Huge Grants rubbish Laaaaaaandan accent 😂😂
    Defo going to be using Rosalind’s ‘there’s fuckery about’ quote going forward.
    Perfect light entertainment (as long as you don’t mind the odd Andy Hunt thrown about).
  • Options

Its so typical Ritchie.

Perfect light entertainment (as long as you don’t mind the odd Andy Hunt thrown about).
    Thought it was very funny.
  • Options

Its so typical Ritchie.

Saw it a couple years back, Ritchie's best film in  years.
  • Options

Its so typical Ritchie.

I saw it too a while ago...watched it twice now, love it.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Brilliant film. Some great one liners and the casting is spot on as usual with his films. Hugh Grant is amazing.
  • Options
    Brilliant film. Some great one liners and the casting is spot on as usual with his films. Hugh Grant is amazing.
    The scene in the chipper was hilarious 😂 
  • Options
    Mother/Android - My god, what a pile of shit.
    Unfortunately, Netflix (and Hulu) has a real penchant for Sci Fi and there are plenty of films I have thought were very mediocre in the acquisitions sphere of what I do that they have gone and bought for the World.

The computer analytics say they don't have enough Higher End Sci Fi, so they acquire more than they should, in my opinion.   
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eternals - These Marvel films are getting ridiculous now. I know they need to stick to the comic back story but they don’t make it very easy to follow. Must have a spent a fortune on the cast. Not one of their best.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Eternals - These Marvel films are getting ridiculous now. I know they need to stick to the comic back story but they don’t make it very easy to follow. Must have a spent a fortune on the cast. Not one of their best.
    Agreed. Watched it a couple of days ago. No real depth to it at all. Meh.

Sprite was the only interestng character.
  • Options
    Yeah it wasnt a bad story as a whole - Felt the acting itself was pretty wooden all round though, am more curious to see where they'll fit into the MCU in the grand scheme of things. 
  • Options
    It's fucking awful! Proper generic, painting-by-numbers Marvel stuff. If it wasn't for Spidey, I would say Marvel are in trouble long-term. They need to get the X-Men going asap. 
  • Options
    Saw Scream the other day. It's a remake and sequel. It has nothing to say that Scream (1996) hasn't already said, except to say that sequels that are remakes are bad. It's perfectly entertaining, but it is the very thing it's criticising. And the ending confirms it. It's more Scary Movie than Scream. 

The lead girl in it is fucking woeful. The returning cast are alright (David Arquette is the best thing in it). The self-referential stuff is witty, but ultimately all it has. Unlike Scream (96) it doesn't have a good plot to tie the self-referential stuff to.  2.5 out of 6
  • Options
    Just caught up with Last Night In Soho. 

Looks fantastic  , brilliant soundtrack but final third of the film is an absolute mess. Really disappointed 
  • Options
    Caught Don't Look Up yesterday, and to be honest, it grated from beginning to end. There wasn't a sigle character I didn't find effortlessly irritating, from DiCaprio offering pointless science when all he needed to do was explain what the comet meant, to the talk show hostess, and the just numbing imbecility of everyone who had better things to do than deal with what was coming. I enjoyed the ending, but that simply turned the rest into an overlong shaggy dog story. I really wanted to like this more but when the characters are all annoying, that ain't gonna happen.
    4/10
    I think that your missing the point. It's a satire based on the world we live in now.
  • Options
    Saw the worst film I have ever seen today.

Cry Macho 
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:

Cry Macho 
    That’s the worst film you’ve EVER seen ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    It's fucking awful! Proper generic, painting-by-numbers Marvel stuff. If it wasn't for Spidey, I would say Marvel are in trouble long-term. They need to get the X-Men going asap. 
    It was hard going & I was hanging on just.

But Harry fecking Styles turns up after the credits & I’m like WTAF 😳 

Worst one yet imho 😞
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:

Cry Macho 
    Yes. I don't say that lightly. I thought long and hard! Have you seen it?
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Cloudworm said:

Cry Macho 
    Yes. I don't say that lightly. I thought long and hard! Have you seen it?
    Yes . It’s not very good I agree but I’ve seen much , much worse . 
  • Options
    House of Gucci

Camp and stylish film telling the story of the feuding Gucci family and how they self-destructed. Lady Gaga is excellent - she can certainly act.

An enjoyable watch.    7/10
  • Options
    The Eternals I struggled with, cast all look beautiful but it was fucking nonsense. 

I zoned out and by the end I'd stopped caring. I liked the little fat Indian dude but I like that little sod in anything he is in 

I have a friend who is very tightly involved in the world of Marvel and Disney and told me Disneys eggs going forward are very much in the Star Wars serial basket and anything else is to fund those serials. Which I'm absolutely fine with but that is a bit of a cheap trick to do given how much it costs to go to the cinema nowadays and the domination Marvel films have in the box office. 
  • Options
    It just seemed like a huge tick box exercise.
    What Jolie bought to the party I have no idea.
    I still can’t believe Styles rocked up at the end……still that’s the cross dresser box ticked 🙄
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    A Hero (Iran)

The central character, Rahim, is in prison for an unpaid debt. After his girlfriend finds some gold coins, he attempts to strike a deal with his creditor during two days leave in order to secure his release. Things do not, however, go according to plan. A morality tale, written and directed by Asghar Farhadi, whose previous films include The Past and the Foreign Language Oscar winners, A Separation and The Salesman.

I thought this latest film was extremely good, with a particularly strong screenplay and cast.
  • Options
    Watched Eternals 

Honestly don't get the hatred, we're definitely not the target audience, it feels made for kids, their biggest mistake IMO was not spreading it across a couple of films.

I thought it was easy to follow, predictable and a bit disappointing, but very typical Marvel
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Watched Eternals 

Honestly don't get the hatred, we're definitely not the target audience, it feels made for kids, their biggest mistake IMO was not spreading it across a couple of films.

I thought it was easy to follow, predictable and a bit disappointing, but very typical Marvel
    I don't hate it as such, I just thought it was lazy/ painting by numbers. The biggest problem was probably the amount of characters in it. It was nuts how many people we had to be introduced to - especially as they've got ten-hour TV shows to do that with. 

I've watched all Marvel movies a few times each, but I gave up trying to re-watch Shang Chi and The Eternals. 

Hoping to finish working tonight early enough to watch Power of The Dog, heard nothing but good things about it. 
  • Options
    Passing (Netflix)

Set in the 1920s its a film about a black woman passing as white - shot in black and white it's very atmospheric and slow moving. An interesting insight to the time and really good acting from the two main characters - Ruth Negga and Tessa Thompson.  7.5/10