Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Trains

Comments

• Options
    got the 632 first out of dartford has run all week but each day getting more on more on it at the start in earlier than norm to be honest have to sat well done to the staff at dartford hope others get in okay..........
  • Options
    High speed not high speed today!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]got the 632 first out of dartford has run all week but each day getting more on more on it at the start in earlier than norm to be honest have to sat well done to the staff at dartford hope others get in okay..........
    Yep, staff at Dartford have been spot on, standing at the entrance, at the top of the stairs and on the platforms - they all seem to know what kind of sh*t is going down and are honest and helpful.

In the end - it's not their fault.
  • Options
    WSS and it helps that the coffee shop is open.......think by coming in early you do get a better service ........the good half comes in later and she always moaning about the staff.......then again she hates work.........
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Took the 6.01 321 from Sidcup to Lewisham and picked up the 6.44 to London from there. At Hammersmith 7.45 so probably only about 20 minutes longer journey than normal.
  • Options
    Got the 8.31 at Sidcup this morning, no problems at all and i even got a seat.
  • Options
    Left home at 7.20 and drove to Grove Park from Welling (need to pick little one up later), got the 7.51 and at my desk by 8.15...quicker journey than normal....mind you I'll be out of here by 3 !
  • Options
    I think it being friday has helped slightly. Be interesting Monday morning when people need to get to work, for the start of the week, if it goes tits up again!
  • Options
    Hayes to Cannon Street again - two an hour, but I want to go to Charing Cross, so I have to get off at London Bridge and then scrum with the rest of them! WIll be the same tonight. Why not one to Cannon St and one to Charing Cross an hour?! As many people go to Ch X as Cannon St from Hayes and the other stations along the line.

Haven't seen any new snow in 4 days now

W@NKERS!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Haven't seen any new snow in 4 days now

Have you been in Spain or somewhere then? It snowed on tuesday, wednesday and a little bit yesterday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Doesn't seem to be any incentive to use Oyster pay as you go on southeastern (other than it being prepay) exactly the same as buying a daily return, not sure if you can buy a weekly season ticket on them though (trains only)

anyone got a clue if Falconwood trains (Dartford - Barnehurst) line are now doing more than two train an hour during morning peak, the southeastern site isn't very clear.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]anyone got a clue if Falconwood trains (Dartford - Barnehurst) line are now doing more than two train an hour during morning peak, the southeastern site isn't very clear.
    This morning it was still a .52 and .22 service for that line.
  • Options
    exerpt from southeastern (which seems confusing and bears no resemblance to reality)

Dartford to London Charing Cross and Cannon St via Bexleyheath

The first service departs Barnehurst at 0642. Services leave Barnehurst at 59, 12, 29 and 42 past each hour through the day. The last service departs Barnehurst at 1942. The first service from Dartford departs 0652. Services leave Dartford at 22 and 52 mins past each hour through the day. The last service will be 1922.
  • Options
    Razil,

the Cannon Street trains start at Barnehurst and leave at 12 and 42 past the hour, first one 06.42.

Charing Cross trains leave Barnehurst at 29 and 59 past the hour, leaving Dartford seven minutes earlier at 22 and 52 past the hour. The first leaves Dartford at 0652, Barnehurst at 0659.

Simples, and saying it bears no resemblance to reality is wrong. They have been running on time and I've got a lovely seat all the time at Barnehurst. More fool you for living in Eltham or wherever, you pay less so you don't deserve a seat.
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Razil,

the Cannon Street trains start at Barnehurst and leave at 12 and 42 past the hour, first one 06.42.

Charing Cross trains leave Barnehurst at 29 and 59 past the hour, leaving Dartford seven minutes earlier at 22 and 52 past the hour. The first leaves Dartford at 0652, Barnehurst at 0659.

Simples, and saying it bears no resemblance to reality is wrong. They have been running on time and I've got a lovely seat all the time at Barnehurst. More fool you for living in Eltham or wherever, you pay less so you don't deserve a seat.

ok so do they stop at falconwood then? as normally they would hence my resemblance to reality query
  • Options
    I was on the 08.12 today and the 07.42 yesterday and both stopped at Falconwood. However, I agree, I have heard of a couple of trains that have been banged out by Welling and so gone fast to Lewisham. Unfortunately the further up the line the more chance of this happening. Get a down train to Barnehurst and then you'll have practically a carraige to yourself.
  • Options
    My work mate is fed of the trains so drove in today. He lives in Blackfen so I'm getting a lift to either Sidcup or Albany Park and then can get a direct train to Greenhithe from there...lovely!
  • Options
    so does this mean there are now more than 2 trains an hour through falconwood? :)
  • Options
    My line (Liverpool St to Chingford), has run 4 trains an hour, all week, up to 1am.

Why does South Eastern think that they can get away with running 2 an hour when other (worse affected) lines are running as normal?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2010
    F*** Falconwood, its the cheap seats version of Welling, and has the cheek to look down on the peasants of Blackfen

It doesn't even deserve a station IMO. It should be shown for what it is; an off licence and a Harvester.

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]so does this mean there are now more than 2 trains an hour through falconwood? :)

yes, four. Two to CX and two to CS. Same in the evening too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]F*** Falconwood, its the cheap seats version of Welling, and has the cheek to look down on the peasants of Blackfen

It doesn't even deserve a station IMO. It should be shown for what it is; an off licence and a Harvester.

:-)
    Quality!
  • Options
    We are the 'aspirational' South Wellingites (Falconwood station is in LBG), delightfully surrounded by Oxleas Woods, 'North' Welling (booo), Danson pk and the A2 .

We are more than just a station next to a dodgy nightclub (in a shop) and an Early Bird eaterie..You should venture to the Green and Falconwood Parade for a real Villagey feel, complete with lottery cash playpark and loads of shops community centre, Church, just a shame the yoofs there have dragged the postcode into the crime pit by loitering and wearing garments with hoods. Hence the razor wire and cagey locals.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]so does this mean there are now more than 2 trains an hour through falconwood? :)

yes, four. Two to CX and two to CS. Same in the evening too.

Great
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]We are the 'aspirational' South Wellingites (Falconwood station is in LBG), delightfully surrounded by Oxleas Woods, 'North' Welling (booo), Danson pk and the A2 .

We are more than just a station next to a dodgy nightclub (in a shop) and an Early Bird eaterie..You should venture to the Green and Falconwood Parade for a real Villagey feel, complete with lottery cash playpark and loads of shops community centre, Church, just a shame the yoofs there have dragged the postcode into the crime pit by loitering and wearing garments with hoods. Hence the razor wire and cagey locals.

I always thought Falconwoods sole use was to turn your car around in cos you cant turn left (legally) when coming off the A2! ;-)
  • Options
    Where is falconwood_1 when you need him...
  • Options
    AFKA, I take it from your glowing reference of Falconwood, I shouldnt go and see the house I'm supposed to be viewing there in about an hour? lol
  • Options
    Falconwood is the best place to live in the area, all it lacks is 4 bedroom places to be honest.

Welling is now Bermondsey on Sea and full of ex-Sidcup chavs who cant afford Blackfen, let alone Sidcup anymore.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]AFKA, I take it from your glowing reference of Falconwood, I shouldnt go and see the house I'm supposed to be viewing there in about an hour? lol

He is just jealous cos Sidcup is the styx, I have been very pleasantly surprised with the area since moving here. My street is quiet, crime free, and friendly.

What road are you looking at?