Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wycombe Away

Comments

• Probably been mentioned before but whats the cheapest train fare people have found, Return from Central London?
  • Just bought 4, driving up from Crawley. I haven't read this thread entirely but apparently it's free parking at the stadium if you bring a car full.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Probably been mentioned before but whats the cheapest train fare people have found, Return from Central London?

I got about £15 from Marylebone - book with Chiltern direct. There was some talk that if you buy on the day and you say you're going to the football you get 20% discount. Have no idea if that's true though.
  • I got them for £10 return with a gold card!

Happy days
  • £10.30 return from New Eltham with a 16-25 railcard :)
  • 30 quid return from the coast via high speed to st pancras
  • Block E, Row J for me
  • They have a cash turnstile on the day for those who want to wait to see what the weather is doing.

The White Horse is an awful place and still a 35 minute walk to the ground according to Google Maps. I'd recommend the Flint Cottage by the station, then a taxi or bus from the nearby Bus Station.

The Flint Cottage has about 6 real Ales and plenty of decent lager. It also does decent food, or at least did when I was last there.
  • Ash, i take it you know the area fairly well?

Is there any other pubs near the station that will do food?

Ta
  • Could try the Weatherspoons, AKA The Falcon?

I thought you weren't going? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• I've got to really...

That will do, that at the station?
  • [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]They have a cash turnstile on the day for those who want to wait to see what the weather is doing.

Says on the OS: "Fans should note that the match is all-ticket, and Addicks supporters will be unable to purchase a ticket on the day of the game."

Bought my ticket today after hearing the under soil heating situation!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I've got to really...

That will do, that at the station?[/quote]

Sorry, confused you with Plaaayer!

About 5 minutes walk.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]They have a cash turnstile on the day for those who want to wait to see what the weather is doing.

Says on the OS: "Fans should note that the match is all-ticket, and Addicks supporters will be unable to purchase a ticket on the day of the game."

Bought my ticket today after hearing the under soil heating situation!

Yeah, sorry. I meant in the home end.
  • Anyone going from Central London?...im going on my Todd so could really do with some company! lol
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Anyone going from Central London?...im going on my Todd so could really do with some company! lol

If you're going to The White Horse you'll have all the company you need Gary!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Anyone going from Central London?...im going on my Todd so could really do with some company! lol

no one is going to travel with a fare dodger! the shame would be too much if you got done.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Anyone going from Central London?...im going on my Todd so could really do with some company! lol

If you're going to The White Horse you'll have all the company you need Gary!!!

I take it everyones meeting in there early doors?...i really need to read the whole thread in future.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Anyone going from Central London?...im going on my Todd so could really do with some company! lol

no one is going to travel with a fare dodger! the shame would be too much if you got done.

Lol...im gonna purchase a ticket this time. Im out of my SouthEastern comfort zone.
  • There are a couple of us meeting a london bridge at 9.45 and meeting a couple more at marylebone
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]There are a couple of us meeting a london bridge at 9.45 and meeting a couple more at marylebone

I might meet with you lads then if thats alright. Let me finalise my plans and ill whisper you.
  • bought a couple over the phone today, last day of posting out so give the club a call.
  • Have had my arm twisted into going now by Cafcbourne & Carter, we are now driving up with Carlsberg.
  • Honestly, some of the comments on here.

"Can you tell me what time I need to get up to get to the ground for 2pm?"

"Will it be really cold or will I be ok with just a jumper?"

"If I poke pins into my eye will it hurt?"
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]There are a couple of us meeting a london bridge at 9.45 and meeting a couple more at marylebone

I might meet with you lads then if thats alright. Let me finalise my plans and ill whisper you.

Any particular pub in Marylebone we should head for ? Don't know the station well.
  • I have only gone through the station. Never stopped to see the delights of the platform watering holes.
  • I have only gone through the station. Never stopped to see the delights of the platform watering holes.
  • You been there twice ?
  • Link?
  • [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]There are a couple of us meeting a london bridge at 9.45 and meeting a couple more at marylebone

Any particular pub in Marylebone we should head for ? Don't know the station well.

There is a pub on the main concourse - next to the M&S.

It isn't a large station, so should be easy to find.