Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

snowing

Comments

• Plenty of Snow on the A2 to Faversham this morning. Breaking for junctions was fun, in safely but half the team have not made it in as yet & it's the company's Christmas party tonight so hopefully it wont be cancelled.
  • Unfortunately i think the game will be off due to dangerous conditions in the surrounding area rather than the pitch being frozen. Really annoying but more snow on the way apparently.
  • not meaning to be rude Ketman but sod you're Xmas party. What does you Dad say about the game going ahead tomorrow ??
  • Tonights xmas party gig at The Moat, Wrotham cancelled. Early night then before football then but will be pissed off if its off now :(
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Unfortunately i think the game will be off due to dangerous conditions in the surrounding area rather than the pitch being frozen. Really annoying but more snow on the way apparently.

Mmmm that's my concern as well ... sincerely hope not, I've been looking forward to this game so much.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]not meaning to be rude Ketman but sod you're Xmas party. What does you Dad say about the game going ahead tomorrow ??

Game will not be called off due to pitch conditions. I would imagine Charlton will be employing volunteers to salt the surrounding area particularly the hilly parts to ensure access to the immediate area of the ground is safe. Chance of postponement tomorrrow I would say is about 5% (Old Bill can always overule club)
  • sorry guys hope it is called as i cant make this game... but i would be able to make a rearranged game. MORE SNOW PLEASE.
  • But Welsh we beat Millwall last time in the snow.

I think the game will be okay for tomorrow. It's nowhere near as bad as the Cardiff game which got called off earlier this year.
  • Yes true, the 3 points are more important than me being able to watch.
  • I will be gutted if it's on and i can't there.

Got a new 'high speed' train this morning as timetable was all over the place.
  • Sponsored links:

• A2 now shut between Bapchild & Teynham due to Jacknifed Lorry.
  • edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy[/cite]Just do it, mate. You'll think you'll never catch your breath again, maybe on the point of collapse - but you'll be so knackered afterwards you'll forget about any wimpy concerns that it can be a bit cold in December.
    Well Oggy , I dunnit and you're quite wise.

Once I trotted out it was fine and dandy and all the ladyboys running about in their hats and scarves looked ludicrous, the snow was a good leveller. After about 45 minutes I pulled my calf so went in nets for the last 15. All was going fine until one lad hit a volley (I'm told). Didn't even get my hands up, didn't see it coming. Boom, right in the mug, lights out. Then I jumped up and was wobbling all over like Bruno against Tyson and wondering why everyone was asking me if I was OK. Can't remember anything about the closing stages, as I was hanging onto the cross bar hacking up blood. Made a couple of bewildered saves and we won. Can't wait to the next one, now.
  • ONLY 23 minutes till pub o'clock WOO i love snow days
  • Maidstone in a pretty bad way. No trains up to London or Strood and I don't see that changing tomorrow, which means big problems for me.
    Got to the office and 12 have made it out of 20, but it is our xmas meal in 2hrs and no one wanted to miss that!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: The Organiser[/cite]Maidstone in a pretty bad way. No trains up to London or Strood and I don't see that changing tomorrow, which means big problems for me.
    Got to the office and 12 have made it out of 20, but it is our xmas meal in 2hrs and no one wanted to miss that!!!!

Got any spare room at your Christmas meal? I am free to take up a seat
  • Shirty5 - What happen Brentford 96 mate?

a bit before my time.
  • Might be a bit selfish of me but I'm hoping the match will be called off! I live high up in the downs outside Maidstone and can't get my car out. Unfortuntely don't have a 4 X 4 so will be spending today at home and can't see me being able to get out tomorrow either.
  • so lets hope it is called off.
  • [cite]Posted By: ME14addick[/cite]Might be a bit selfish of me but I'm hoping the match will be called off! I live high up in the downs outside Maidstone and can't get my car out. Unfortuntely don't have a 4 X 4 so will be spending today at home and can't see me being able to get out tomorrow either.
    A real fan would start walking...
  • Wish I could, but with a dodgy knee wouldn't get very far!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ME14addick[/cite]Might be a bit selfish of me but I'm hoping the match will be called off! I live high up in the downs outside Maidstone and can't get my car out. Unfortuntely don't have a 4 X 4 so will be spending today at home and can't see me being able to get out tomorrow either.
    A real fan would start walking...

How do you live Up the Downs? ;)
  • Just spoke to my dad who works in Central London, he said there is no snow. Has anyone here been through,seen or in Charlton now for an update
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    After about 45 minutes I pulled my calf so went in nets for the last 15. All was going fine until one lad hit a volley (I'm told). Didn't even get my hands up, didn't see it coming. Boom, right in the mug, lights out. Then I jumped up and was wobbling all over like Bruno against Tyson and wondering why everyone was asking me if I was OK. Can't remember anything about the closing stages, as I was hanging onto the cross bar hacking up blood.

Serves you right for faking a calf injury.........
  • Just had my current supervisor on the phone asking where i am. When i said the pub he didn't seem impressed. Apparently there is no snow at the excell centre so i guess that means charlton must be clear
  • A lot of folk have made 'long term' plans to come into London/England for this game...hope the weather doesn't spoil it for them.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Shirty5 - What happen Brentford 96 mate?

a bit before my time.
    It snowed a lot before but was played. I think we won with Nicky Forster (now Brighton captain) scoring for them.

We had a game against Sarfend a couple of weeks before so I went up early to pick up my cup ticket. Before the days of the internet I was innocently surprised to see so few people around, but bought a programme and went to the ticket office (I just did walkups in those days as you could pretty much always get in, unless they did a £5 match) only to find out they'd cancelled the game. WHY DID THE PROGRAMME BLOKE NOT SAY ANYTHING??
  • edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Shirty5 - What happen Brentford 96 mate?

a bit before my time.
    It snowed a lot before but was played. I think we won with Nicky Forster (now Brighton captain) scoring for them.

We had a game against Sarfend a couple of weeks before so I went up early to pick up my cup ticket. Before the days of the internet I was innocently surprised to see so few people around, but bought a programme and went to the ticket office (I just did walkups in those days as you could pretty much always get in, unless they did a £5 match) only to find out they'd cancelled the game. WHY DID THE PROGRAMME BLOKE NOT SAY ANYTHING??

He was on a bonus for selling them.
  • Aslong as rds arent worse than today, and the game is on, gonna try driving up from maidstone if anyone needs a lift and I can pick erm up I will, pm me
  • if you knew the game was off, you wouldnt have bought a programme.
  • sounds like its fine according to twitter cafcofficial
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!