Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

snowing

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I am Getting heavier and heavier in Woolwich/Charlton.

:-)

And that after I haven't said one thing about Mick/Rick this week! :-(
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]No snow in Cardiff....

Will be back 'home' in Bromley soon though so I'd appreciate if you can get some sorted for my return Henry.

Cheers

Have no fear, still a-snowing in old Bromley.
  • I'm dreading a white Christmas
    nothing like the ones abroad
    Where the trains are missing
    and the traffic a mission
    to get myself to work in the snow
  • edited December 2009
    we had a few inches of fresh snow overnight, but the temperature has shot up to -10......so having booked 3 days off work I am heading out to Lake Louise for a day's snowboarding on my brand new board! see you later!
  • Nothing here yet. Light dusting or otherwise.

Oakster - I'm jealous.
  • Just starting to snow now in Faversham.
  • Settling "very much so" in "Sunny" Sydenham.........
  • Cloudy in Cornwall shock.
  • edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]No snow in Cardiff....

Will be back 'home' in Bromley soon though so I'd appreciate if you can get some sorted for my return Henry.

Cheers

Have no fear, still a-snowing in old Bromley.

Cheers Henry.

I knew your connections went further than the CAFC board and OS.

With that in mind, any chance you can sort out the new flat screen TV I want for Christmas?

You must know the big fella in the red suit (and I don't mean Peter Garland)
  • A light covering in Ashford.
  • Sponsored links:

• ShootersHillGuruCommentTime3 hours ago quote# 22
    Light snow which is settling at Shooters Hill uote][cite]

Unless of course my Boss is reading this, then its 4 ft deep and I'm unlikely to get to work tomorrow ;)
  • The Met Office has now issued a severe weather warning for Friday, predicting heavy snow over most of Southern England. Must be doubts over Saturday's game if that does happen.
  • I really hope that it wont come down to that for the sake of fans travelling from abroad but you know what londons like , they wiil propably send the gritters out friday night when its too late
  • No snow in Glasgow.
  • -8c this morning but it is a little warmer now,but still no snow.If it stays this way we could see The Elf Dorp Race for the first time in 12years.
  • [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]-8c this morning but it is a little warmer now,but still no snow.If it stays this way we could see The Elf Dorp Race for the first time in 12years.

You mean the Elfstedentocht? A fantastic event - I went to it in 1986...never been so cold in my life, -17C when we arrived in Leeuwarden at 4am for the start at 6am, and it didn;t get above -10C all day, despite bright sunshine. Stunningly beautiful, but those Dutch skaters really are mad...
  • I want a nice covering of at least 4 inches tonight woo
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]The Met Office has now issued a severe weather warning for Friday, predicting heavy snow over most of Southern England. Must be doubts over Saturday's game if that does happen.

Great. And we're flying into Gatwick late that evening.

Loads of snow here but no problems as the government have actually calculated that it IS worth investing in snow ploughs, gritters etc. I came back to England last year to hear that it wasn't worth this investment for one day of snow every ten years despite the economic losses made that one day outweighing the cost of thousands of vehicles.

Snow plough / gritter driver strikes though - now that is a problem in France. But only if it snows.
  • [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]the most predictable thing people always say when it starts snowing "It must be getting a bit warmer"

How dumb is that? Have they never seen the poles?
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]the most predictable thing people always say when it starts snowing "It must be getting a bit warmer"

it's true though in the UK. Frost this morning and minus 3 at 7am. If it had been snowing it would have been a few degrees warmer and not as cold.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]the most predictable thing people always say when it starts snowing "It must be getting a bit warmer"

it's true though in the UK. Frost this morning and minus 3 at 7am. If it had been snowing it would have been a few degrees warmer and not as cold.

Warmer and not as cold ?
  • I'm playing football tonight for the first time in 10 years. Everybody's got trackys and all kind of transgender wear. I've lost my boots, pads and socks so I'm in old trainers and ankle socks and an old Llanera kit. Really not looking forward to it.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]

Only because you need cloud cover for it to snow and the clouds are a form of insulation. So given any one country on any one date in the year it could be claimed that when it snows it's warmer but that's because there is cloud cover not because it is snowing.

Generally though I think you might just find that snowy countries are colder than rainy ones.
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I'm playing football tonight for the first time in 10 years. Everybody's got trackys and all kind of transgender wear. I've lost my boots, pads and socks so I'm in old trainers and ankle socks and an old Llanera kit. Really not looking forward to it.

Don't go then
  • edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]

Warmer and not as cold ?

Well he got that right.

Warmer = not as cold.
    Colder = not as hot

e.g. Canada is colder than UAE = Canana is not as hot as UAE. Which is why incidentally it snows in Canada and not in UAE ;-

By the way, when it's cloudy in UAE is is actually not as hot, but still doesn't snow. I bet that's a bit too much for some of you on here though - eh Large?
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I'm playing football tonight for the first time in 10 years. Everybody's got trackys and all kind of transgender wear. I've lost my boots, pads and socks so I'm in old trainers and ankle socks and an old Llanera kit. Really not looking forward to it.

Don't go then

Still, you will look coooool. :-)
  • You must be able to borrow some long socks from someone. All you need to do then is get some old newspapers, roll them up and stuff them down the socks as makeshift shinpads. Go in a chemist and buy some heat cream for your thighs and hamstrings. Then hope it snows just to warm you up even further;-
    Sorted.
  • edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]it's true though in the UK. Frost this morning and minus 3 at 7am. If it had been snowing it would have been a few degrees warmer and not as cold.

It was snowing here at 8am and it was -7 degrees. Stopped snowing now and it's -1.
  • It's snowing here now. Don't know what temp it is, though!
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]it's true though in the UK. Frost this morning and minus 3 at 7am. If it had been snowing it would have been a few degrees warmer and not as cold.

It was snowing here at 8am and it was -7 degrees. Stopped snowing now and it's -1.

It's generally colder at 8am than 3pm, after the day has warmed up, Jimmy.
    Even Large knows that!

;o)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!