Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite Michael Caine movie and why

13»

Comments

• Options
    Fourth protocol a very underrated Caine film.
  • Options
    Zulu and Italian Job for me
  • Options
    Did his national service IN Korea,  that's hard core.

Catch it on YouTube
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Harry Brown is another good one since this thread commenced.
    I love the line, “you haven’t maintained your weapon.” 
    I dont think he’s one of the best actors around but he’s easy watching and his films are too. 

• Options
    Plays good part in Now you see us. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Dreadful actor but has real screen presence. 
    Don’t agree at all ... he has showed he can ‘act’ in films such as The Quiet American and Educating Rita. 
    Off_it said:
    Absolute rubbish. You could say his range was "limited" but if he was a dreadful actor he wouldnt have had such a long, distinguished and iconic career.
    Just like Sean Connery Caine brings the same character to every role. Like his films though.
    Sean connery the same character??
    James bond a womanising and deadly spy and indiana Jones' father? Not sure i agree with you there.
    I get what you mean with Caine in the 60s 70s but I think he evolved with the time superbly.
    I’ve seen Sean Connery play any nationality you like and every one sound Scottish. Great screen presence but I’m not having SC as a great actor. Same for me with Michael Caine although slightly less. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Don’t agree at all ... he has showed he can ‘act’ in films such as The Quiet American and Educating Rita. 
    Off_it said:
    Absolute rubbish. You could say his range was "limited" but if he was a dreadful actor he wouldnt have had such a long, distinguished and iconic career.
    Just like Sean Connery Caine brings the same character to every role. Like his films though.
    James bond a womanising and deadly spy and indiana Jones' father? Not sure i agree with you there.
    I get what you mean with Caine in the 60s 70s but I think he evolved with the time superbly.
    I’ve seen Sean Connery play any nationality you like and every one sound Scottish. Great screen presence but I’m not having SC as a great actor. Same for me with Michael Caine although slightly less. 
    Yes but its more than just changing your voice as an actor
  • Options
    Get Carter - superb film.

Funeral In Berlin 

• Options
    Glad this wasnt a RIP bump. Work colleague saw him just before Christmas near Sloane Square and was looking extremely frail with walking stick. 

Sleuth
    Italian Job 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    Off_it said:
    Not just but I’d expect a good actor to be able to at least tackle accents. Never heard him in any part speak anything other than with a Scottish accent. At least Michael Caine could put on posh (Zulu) but in all honesty never changed from east end London very much. Both did marvellous movies along with some turkeys but I wouldn’t put them as great actors. Screen presence is what they had in abundance. I feel exactly the same about Clint Eastwood. 
  • Options
    But my favourite quote is from Alfie. 

My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know.
  • Options
    And from Austin Powers Goldmember

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.
  • Options
    .ShootersHillGuru said:
    stonemuse said:
    Off_it said:
    Not just but I’d expect a good actor to be able to at least tackle accents. Never heard him in any part speak anything other than with a Scottish accent. At least Michael Caine could put on posh (Zulu) but in all honesty never changed from east end London very much. Both did marvellous movies along with some turkeys but I wouldn’t put them as great actors. Screen presence is what they had in abundance. I feel exactly the same about Clint Eastwood. 
    you have lost all respect from me. Bad enough you say Cain comes from east London (he was brought up in south) you then attack Clint!! 

if it wasn't for lockdown i would meet you in Makro's. With a poncho and a Revolver. 
  • Options
    .ShootersHillGuru said:
    stonemuse said:
    Off_it said:
    you have lost all respect from me. Bad enough you say Cain comes from east London (he was brought up in south) you then attack Clint!! 

if it wasn't for lockdown i would meet you in Makro's. With a poncho and a Revolver. 
    Mea culpa
  • Options
    Get Carter.

Zulu.

Alfie.
  • Options
    Muppets Christmas carol
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Glad this wasnt a RIP bump. Work colleague saw him just before Christmas near Sloane Square and was looking extremely frail with walking stick. 

Sleuth
    Italian Job 
    Not great news, but at the end of the day he is 88 and still working. Not many men live to his age.
  • Options
    Get Carter. Very seedy, very English, good plot that just keeps gathering more and more pace with Caine in the centre of the vortex moving it on and on in relentless fashion. 

Much as I love Zulu, he was but one of the many moving parts that made it great, In Get Carter he was central to it all, albeit supported by great actors and production.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    Off_it said:
    I agree with you but he did win an Oscar for his part in Cider House Rules. A film that hasn’t been mentioned on this thread, obviously not anyone’s favourite. 
  • Options
    Get Carter for me.  Partly because I was working in Newcastle in 72/73 so many of the down-at-heal locations became familiar to me. 
    By the way, it was Get Carter's 50th birthday last week.  Doesn't seem possible.
  • Options
    Harry Brown is the stand out for me. Just unusual to see him in something so gritty
  • Options
    I love Michael Caine. He makes any film watchable. 
  • Options
    Ipcress file .. hes so deadpan yet so much more believable than a bond character..but a fantastic actor 
  • Options
    My dad was mistaken for him a few times when younger but let me tell you in Harry Brown he’s his double. My favourite is The man who would be king. But I think his best acting is in a lesser known film called Is Anybody There. Check it out it’s heartbreaking. 
  • Options
    Get Carter for me. That character has ice in his veins. His greatest performance in my opinion.
  • Options
    what's your favourite michael caine moment, and why is it this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ4c-KbQUbk
  • Options
    Either 'Get Carter' or the ancient hippy in 'Children of Men':