Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What "house" were you in at school?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Woolwich Poly-Telford
  • Options
    henry, i think the other house at crown woods was windsor. it later merged with sherwood
  • Options
    abbey - BETHS, our house never won any of the house fixtures
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]Secondary - Dean House (red)
    Junior - Norman (Blue)

Guess the schools time.....

I'm guessing Westwood juniors
  • Options
    Oakfield Primary 1981 - 1985 Was in Cedar and then DGS D'aeth 1985-1992.....these dates fit in with any of the other DGS peeps or Fanny (Oakfield?).
  • Options
    Wolfe - yellow - after General Wolfe who still stands at the top of one tree hill by the observatory - Heres to Old John Roan
  • Options
    So Crates

Never thought to ask the origin of the House name before
  • Options
    Same as Soapy, Nelson at the Roan School for me. We've had a couple of reprobates from Rodney & Wolfe on here, there must be someone from Drake out there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red God[/cite]Same as Soapy, Nelson at the Roan School for me. We've had a couple of reprobates from Rodney & Wolfe on here, there must be someone from Drake out there.

Boo - Rodney were better than Nelson - FACT.
  • Options
    Shooter's Hill Grammar - early 70s. All named after people with 'Woolwich' connections, so:

Brunel (built the first Thames tunnel and the 'Great Eastern' over the other side of the river)
    Drake (a bit tenuous but the Royal Navy was historically connected with Woolwich)
    Gordon (of Khartoum fame - lived in Woolwich)
    Wellesley (the Duke of Wellington before he was awarded his dukedom - Army connections with Woolwich)

I was in Wellesley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else from Chis & Sid Grammar? Possibly not, as it was a rugby school and we were sternly taught that 'soccer' (as it was always called) was a game for working class oiks who went to secondary moderns...

Anyway, Townshend house, 1965-70. No idea why it was so named. Captained the house at cricket. No football team and hated rugby so opted for cross-country running instead...
  • Options
    Rodney better than Nelson Covered End?

Their house colour was blue whereas Nelson's was red & Nelson were named after a famous hero. Rodney were named after a comedy side-kick from Peckham!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Ooops ! Forgot the other house at DGGS was Stuart ! Named after Graham, of course.

I was Stuart house. Didn't realise it was named after Graham ;-)

I think it was just colours at primary but cannot remember which I was in.
  • Options
    Primary - Blackheath & Kidbrooke (later Blackheath & Bluecoats) Red - Turner

Secondary - Gordon in Eltham (Adult Education College now I believe) Red - Wolsey

Bro was in Rodney at the Roan, I was the thick one.
  • Options
    Westgate primary Dartford - VIKING (yellow,) others wereSaxon and Norman

Another DGS - I was Havelock Red and I have to agree with earlier comments - Vaughan were the rubbish at sport house in my year.
    Havelock and Wilson dominated my year but between 82-88 in the school as a whole Wilson won the most trohpies.

I refuse to acknowledge the new Gwyn house (purple for gawds sake)
    Franchise house - got no history.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Eagle - red & black striped tie.

Eaglesfield.

Merlin was Red and Black Clem we had silver and black ties when we were in Eagle house for the first year

Eaglesfield Rocks

Polly Pussies
  • Options
    Secondary Bexleyheath- Caxton (light blue)
  • Options
    Was red in both Primary and Secondary.....Cant remember the name for Primary (St Augustines Belvedere) where I was sports captain, but it was Thorpe at Welling Secondary where I couldnt get into the "Mates only" Football team....made my day when my class "B" Team that I captained won the interclass 5-a side tournament winning against the "A" team in the final :-)
  • Options
    I went to Preston School in Yeovil

I was in Britannia House (yellow)

The others were Pendragon (red), Wessex (Green, Trafalgar (blue)
  • Options
    Dont think we had houses at Gravel Hill Bexleyheath or so far back just cannot remember
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Westwood Junior - Vikings
    Hurstmere - Boycott - after Geoffrey Boycott
  • Options
    Primary - Cant remember - Red I think - After the colour ;)
    Colfes - Beardwood - Ex Headmaster
  • Options
    I was in Beardwood at Colfes as well!
  • Options
    I was in Gordon house at Shooter`s Hill Grammar. It was named after general Gordon of China and Khartoum fame, who was an Royal artillery officer and so served in Woolwich.
  • Options
    Norfolkaddick....

Afraid I was long gone by the time you started at Oakfield Lane. In fact,my son was at Maypole CP about the same time !

Don't suppose Mr Curwen was still Head ? Lovely man & a real gentleman .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: happyvalley[/cite]henry, i think the other house at crown woods was windsor. it later merged with sherwood.

Thanks, like taking off tight shoes.