Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What "house" were you in at school?

Comments

• Options
    we had diamonds, emeralds, sapphires, rubys

I was Emerald :D :D
  • Options
    Bishop Challoner School - Primary: ST Denis (Blue) - houses were named after Saints
    ST Dunstan's College - Secondary: Hecker (Green) - Think they were named after former heads
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Watt

Don`t you mean Excuse me or Pardon ;0)

No
  • Options
    "Campion Blue was the colour"

St. Austins R.C. Secondary School , Charlton
  • Options
    Baldwins named not surprisingly after Stanley Baldwin three times prime minister and Governor chair of Queen Elizabeth's Grammar School, Hartlebury school in the 40s and 50s. Other houses were Baxters, after an old boy who got the VC, Queens after Queen Elizabeth 1st in whose time (1559) the royal charter was given for the school and also Bishops after the Bishop of Worcester who resides at Hartlebury Castle. Sadly the old school is no longer subjected to closure as a result of the comprehensive system. This school primarily drew from two working class junior schools, not rocket science, we poorer kids made good as a result of the 11+ exam
  • Options
    Arden, Crown Woods
  • Options
    No houses at junior school.
    2x secondary: Dulwich College – Drake (Sir Francis); Forest Hill – Harvey (Invented Blood Circulation or some such :-) )
    Bonus Point: Another House at Forest Hill - Shackleton, named after the explorer who went some way North, was a pupil at Dulwich.
    Bonus Point 2: The flats next to my parents house were called Shackleton Close.
  • Options
    Glastonbury House
    At the late and lamented by some Abbey Wood Comp.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Arden named after the royal forest. Others were dean, delamere, sherwood, new and ashdown.

Usedto be two more rockingham and something else (alex wright will know)

School was crown woods
    nope, escapes me too, but then it was a long long time ago.

Crown Woods, Arden 66 - 72
  • Options
    Darrell --- wore blue for our sins. Named after someone on the island. Others were Saltus (red), Butterfield (green---perrenial losers), Watlington (yellow).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Willow at Oakfield Lane Primary - rest were Cedar, Maple & Hazel, I think ( trees as school was near the Tree Estate)

Lancaster at Dartford Girls' Grammar - rest were York, Plantaganet , Tudor & Windsor.

All a bit hazy as it was many moons ago !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Bexley Grammar and their were 4 houses but can't bl***Y remember their names or which one I was in !!! - One was named Collins after one of the founder members and was my Maths teacher and an addick !!!!!

The houses at BGS were when I left in 1994: Collins (Red), Prothero (Green), Kirkman (Yellow) and Johnson (Blue) after the old Head Teachers. Since, the school has expanded and I believe one of the new houses is called Wellman (after Don Wellman, lovely old chap who was Deputy Head for many years) and there's one now called Mabbs (no idea where that comes from)...more info here

Was at Brampton Juniors prior to that who's houses were based on the local rivers: Medway (Red), Thames (Green), Darenth (Blue) and Cray (Yellow).
  • Options
    Pitt at Ravenswood (left in 95)

Was red of course, and captained them to win the inter house football! Happy days!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Bexley Grammar and their were 4 houses but can't bl***Y remember their names or which one I was in !!! - One was named Collins after one of the founder members and was my Maths teacher and an addick !!!!!

The houses at BGS were when I left in 1994: Collins (Red), Prothero (Green), Kirkman (Yellow) and Johnson (Blue) after the old Head Teachers. Since, the school has expanded and I believe one of the new houses is called Wellman (after Don Wellman, lovely old chap who was Deputy Head for many years) and there's one now called Mabbs (no idea where that comes from)...[url=more]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bexley_Grammar_School#House_System]moreinfo here

Was at Brampton Juniors prior to that who's houses were based on the local rivers: Medway (Red), Thames (Green), Darenth (Blue) and Cray (Yellow).

If I remember rightly Miss Mabbs was a RE teacher. My memories of Don Wellman are not so fond.
  • Options
    Slytherin.
  • Options
    Wyborne school New Eltham - no houses that I can remember

New house - Crown Woods 1966 - 1970
  • Options
    Ooops ! Forgot the other house at DGGS was Stuart ! Named after Graham, of course.
  • Options
    Primary -yellow. Was supposed to be in green but my mates were in yellow so I lied to the teacher. No-one ever pointed out that our house was bigger than the others.

Senior - comyns after so old local family I believe. first years visit to the church you had to find where the name was. Others were bramston, kings and Peter. No idea why.
  • Options
    Rodney - Blue - Roan Grammar.

Named after Del boys younger brother :-)
  • Options
    DGS - Vaughan House 76-83. Standards obviously dropped after I left, I don't remember much in the way of gayness or tree hugging.
    Although I do seem to remember we were routinely beaten at every house competition going, except by Havelock, which is where I think the sorting hat put all the poofs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    None in primary. Secondary at St Marys grammar sidcup was in Beckett House, they were all named after prominent god botherers, others were More, Campion and Fisher.
  • Options
    Good to see schools still have houses
    just hope they still have full on matches
    against each other or it may have been stopped
    as un pc
    use to love knocking seven bells out of my school
    team mates in house matches then all
    mates again playing for school team
  • Options
    Eagle - red & black striped tie.

Eaglesfield.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]DGS - Vaughan House 76-83. Standards obviously dropped after I left, I don't remember much in the way of gayness or tree hugging.
    Although I do seem to remember we were routinely beaten at every house competition going, except by Havelock, which is where I think the sorting hat put all the poofs.[/quote]

I was in Vaughan and we had all the geeky 'head boy' types. I hated it, because it made me look bad for never doing homework, being late... was very pleased when they mixed the classes up for year 10 onwards, was in the decent class then!
  • Options
    Red Hill Primary - Chislehurst, mid-50s- Sydney, Selwyn (mine), Walsingham, Townsend - all historic families in the area dating from Shakespearean times
    Cray Valley Tech - late 60s/early 60s- was in Canterbury house, others included Dover, Maidstone, Tonbridge - obvious derivation...
  • Options
    Secondary - Dean House (red)
    Junior - Norman (Blue)

Guess the schools time.....
  • Options
    Brunel
  • Options
    Went to school in Lancaster

Primary - Green

Secondary - Chester. Others were Blackburn, York and Durham
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]Secondary - Dean House (red)
    Junior - Norman (Blue)

Guess the schools time.....

Dont know about your junior school.

But secondary is Crown Woods
  • Options
    Junior - Pelham (Green)
    Secondary - Bexleyheath, Milton (Yellow)