Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What "house" were you in at school?

edited December 2009 in Not Sports Related
...and how did that house get its name?

Comments

• Options
    Nelson after to great man himself, Mandela (thats for the young twats on the site !)

Heres to old John Roan.......dont get me started
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]Nelson after to great man himself...
    Andy? ;o)
  • Options
    Primary School: Sandwich.

Cinque ports. Dover, New Romney & Hastings were the others.

Secondary School: Kent.

Places: Folkestone, Hythe, School (?), Cheriton, Kent.

We were the best house in both schools at Sport.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Primary..David...St David.
    Secondary....Raven...from the Raven found on our school Coat of Arms.
  • Options
    Primary - ladybirds

Middle - no house system (so slitherin'll do)

secondary - staplehurst after a local area!
  • Options
    Primary; yellow lol
    Secondary; Collins, after someone who had previously attended the school
  • Options
    Stone House - Colours green

Blessed John Stone

St. Austins R.C. Secondary School , Charlton
  • Options
    Primary: Red ... after the colour ;-)

Grammar: St. David. Also had St. Patrick and St. George among others ... with an Irish father and a London mother, you would have thought I would get one of them, but oh no, I had to get the Welsh ;-)
  • Options
    John Roan School and NELSON house for me too Steven (captain for one term in fact!) Played soccer, cricket and chess for the house but never won the MILLS cup. booo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: daveroan[/cite]John Roan School and NELSON house for me too Steven (captain for one term in fact!) Played soccer, cricket and chess for the house but never won the MILLS cup. booo

Spooky, Nelson & Roan for me too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was in Abbey at BETHS. Aint got a scooby why it was called that. Im guessing all the house were named after roads?? (Abbey, Brampton, Eardley, Hurst)
  • Options
    My Primary School was Roper Street in Eltham i think they had houses/teams that went something like this

GREGORY-GREEN
    ROPER-RED
    NESBITT-YELLOW after Edith Nesbitt
    JAMES-BLUE

i have no idea what one of those i was in.

No such animal at secondary school which was Eltham Green
  • Options
    Sapphire at Primary as the other two were Ruby and Emerald - Should be noted we won sports day every year! - Lesney Park

Secondary - Spruce - every form group named after a type of wood or tree. Erith School
  • Options
    Brunel, the other 2 were Watt and Telford!!

Good ol Woolwich Poly!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2009
    @ York Road School - Red (after the colour)

@ DGS - Vaughan (after William Vaughan (died c. May 1580) was an English landowner, farmer and philanthropist who lived in the mid-16th century in the Dartford and Erith area of north-west Kent.[1] He was one of the yeoman to King Henry VIII and Queen Elizabeth I, but is remembered today mainly for his role in the foundation of Dartford Grammar School)

In Bill's will he left this:

"to the moste poorest people of Darteford aforeseyd clothe to the valewe of 40s to make theym cotes."
    "to the pore and needy people of Stone nere Dartford 13s 4d"
    "unto the poore people of Erythe 20s"

Obviously his spelling was not as good as the students at the Grammar school.
  • Options
    WSS I was at Dartford Grammar School too and I was in D'aeth - I think he was one of the founders of DGS too.

We always used to beat Vaughan at Rugby and Football and Cricket - Vaughan were usually the house full of gays ....
  • Options
    Watt
  • Options
    Tintagel (Red coloured tie). The other house's were Avalon, Glastonbury and Camelot all at Malory school in Downham. The whole area has a "Knights of the Roundtable" scheme.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Vanburgh. Blackheath Bluecoat circa 1986. I assume the name comes from the architect John Vanburgh. Mustrad yellow tie. Horrible school, hated every second being there.
  • Options
    Am i missing something here??? We didn't have houses in school
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Supaclive Also D'aeth and yes Vaughan always rather girly as thier house Green i guess early tree huggers !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Watt

Don`t you mean Excuse me or Pardon ;0)
  • Options
    Well that may have been the case 40/50 years ago when you guys were at scholl, but 15 years ago we were the dominating sporting house in my year while D'Aeth were the geeks, Wilson were the tearaways and Havelock sh**ged cats using socks. They also introduced "Gwyn" when I was there. Now that sounds girly.
  • Options
    Primary School - Maypole in Dartford Heath and didn't have one.

Secondary School - Bexley Grammar and their were 4 houses but can't bl***Y remember their names or which one I was in !!! - One was named Collins after one of the founder members and was my Maths teacher and an addick !!!!!
  • Options
    Another DGS, another D'aeth. Used to win everything in the late 80's when I was there.
  • Options
    Was also in Abbey at BETHS.

Primary school: was in Romans I think, at Westwood, the other houses were normans, saxons and vikings surprisingly enough
  • Options
    Arden named after the royal forest. Others were dean, delamere, sherwood, new and ashdown.

Usedto be two more rockingham and something else (alex wright will know)

School was crown woods
  • Options
    Eaglesfield School - Red Lion Lane - Woolwich

Eagles (white and black stripe tie) - first year
    Merlin (red and black stripe tie) - Second to 5th year.

Left secondary school in 1986.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Gravesend Tech. had Newton, Stephenson, Faraday,and another I can't remember, but you get the idea. Coming from a small country school I had absolutely no idea what these names meant or what they were and no-one bothered to explain them to me. I was too embarresed to ask so for a couple of years , until a Physics lesson enlightened me, I played football etc. for Faraday without a clue of what the name signified!
  • Options
    Bloomfield: Royal House, always won the Athletics , but never run the cross country!..... no stamina . or too many Park Drive me thinks.....