Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC Fixtures, Results & News

Comments

• Thanks Len,my info must have been suspect! The dates shown on the site I checked made it look as if they played three days and had weekend off!
  • Need Foster out sharpish.
  • On another note, anyone see Watson's knock against Bangladesh? 185 N.O. 96 balls, 15 4s, 15 6s. Australia reached 232 in 26 overs and won by 9 wickets.
  • edited April 2011
    Bloody terrible... how we are second favourites for promotion I have no idea, when Cook and Bopara move up into the England fold in a few weeks we are so paper thin it's untrue.

220/8
  • Masters gone, 220/8
  • Now Foster, 65 runs needed with 1 in hand. Come on you Super Kent
  • 220/9 Foster out - 123/2 they were!
  • Still nervous.

If Robbie Joseph stays fit this season he could be the diffrence, will be too strong for div 2.
  • Kent win!! Essex all out for 227
  • Sponsored links:

• Good pressure win against a strong outfit.
  • [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Still nervous.

If Robbie Joseph stays fit this season he could be the diffrence, will be too strong for div 2.

He is quick at this level but bowls a worrying number of no balls!
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Still nervous.

He is quick at this level but bowls a worrying number of no balls!
    A friend of mine knows how quick, broke his hand a couple of years back by a quick one from Robbie
  • I'm pleasantly surprised we turned this one round!

Kent are usually the bottlers in these situations!
  • Didn't expect to win this one - very pleased.

Hopefully this bodes well for a winning season culminating in promotion. The same next season for our beloved Addicks and all will be well in the sporting world once more!
  • I too am relatively optimistic. If the likes of Key and Denly can find their form, Northeast and one or two of the other kids continue to progress, with Stevens the re-invented opening bowler plus a fit Joseph and Tredders to spin them out when the wicket suits and we've got to have a decent chance.

My pocket (6/1 on Kent and also a double with Yorks at 7/1 for League 1) says so anyway!
  • edited April 2011
    If we can keep the bowlers fit in a very small squad, we have the quality to go up. Matt Coles should be back for the game v Northants later this week which can only strengthen us.

Saw most of the game at Chelmsford (minus the 40 mins play this morning as it wasn't worth travelling) and Key's captaincy was brilliant. By contrast, Foster's was pretty clueless. Ultimately that was the difference between two otherwise reasonably well matched sides.

Got a spare life member's ticket for every Kent match this season (and indeed, until the day I die!) My sons will use the second ticket from time to time (mostly on T20 days). But for the four day games and CB40 it will mostly be going unused. Anyone who fancies a free day at Kent cricket , just message me and (unless your name is Henry ' "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" Irving or WSS, who spins more prodigiously than Jamie Tredwell) I shall be very happy to host you to the match with free hospitality and player introductions thrown in, too ...
  • Wow Incorruptible - that's quite an offer! I'll whisper you later this week if you don't mind! Would love to catch a day's play at the very least this season!
  • Kent away at Northamptonshire in a 4 day fixture which started today.

Kent batting and 54-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Kent 87-3 at lunch Day 1
  • Is there anywhere you can find live or end of days play scorecardsfor 2nd XI cricket.
    My wifes nephew plays for MCC young Cricketers and they are playing Glos 2nd X1
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Is there anywhere you can find live or end of days play scorecardsfor 2nd XI cricket.
    My wifes nephew plays for MCC young Cricketers and they are playing Glos 2nd X1

Try the Gloucestershire CCC website.
  • http://www.gloscricket.co.uk/news/2244-Gloucestershire-2nd-XI-match-update

Is this what you want?
  • Cheers Len,

Pity they only put the performances of the Glos players on there.
  • Kent all out 202

Northants 28-0 :-(
  • Northants 137-5

Come on Kent!!!!!
  • Blimey. Is it a dodgy pitch?
  • 390-7 nothing dodgy about this pitch