Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC Fixtures, Results & News

Comments

• Great start..Key out second ball for 0 FFS!
  • [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Great start..Key out second ball for 0 FFS!

Carrying on where he left off last season! Denly will probably do much the same.
  • Looks like we have signed Charlie Shrek, will add a bit to our weak attack.
  • Great start for Essex, and I thought without Kaneria our attack lacked bite. All four wickets were clean bowled. I reckon Essex and Kent are the teams to beat in D2 this season.
  • Great knock so far by young Sam Northeast.
  • Kent all out 247 (Northeast 112) Essex 11-0
  • two down, dang it. A good score for Kent, considering their start.
  • edited April 2011
    Kent should've gone for under 200, Northeast dug in and did well now Chef's out our brittle batting line up is exposed
  • Bopara gone to. A fine contribution from the England heros. Walker to get a score againstt his old team. Mickelburgh just gone as well... 39/4. Why do I support such mediocre teams?
  • Why all these Essex fans?!

Charlton and KENT!

:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• What did I say... batting line up on paper looks an absolute joke without Shah and Ten Doeschate.

They might be 2nd favourites to win the division but without those two for the next six weeks they won't be making 400+ anytime soon.
  • I'm surprised Pettini didn't play.
  • Me too McBobbin, had a poor season last season but has done well pre-season and certainly has a lot more experience than others in there.

I don't see how we can play both Godleman and Mickleburgh together in that line up and with Westley as well down at 6 - about 65 years between them!
  • 48/6 now, laughable

Stevens 5-14!!!

Christ when does play stop it's 20 past 6!

Help!
  • Stevens is running through them 49- 6
  • six down FFs. If Chelmsford City don't win this weekend, I'm giving up on sport altogether. I can see why people turn to religion.
  • Was hoping to go to Chelmsford on Monday, but don't think the game will still be being played.....
  • Kent 146/3 at stumps, a lead of 192.
  • Just spent two day lovely days at Chelmsford.

Was so happy there today I didn't even bother to track the Oldham-Charlton score, and only learnt we had drawn on my return home at 8pm.

I think I shall follow Dailly's example and ban myself for the rest of the football season and concentrate entirely on cricket for the next five months.

Next time I attend the Valley I expect Kent to be on the verge of promotion back to div one of the LVCC , and Charlton to have seven or eight new faces in the starting XI!
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex have a target 285 to win in nearly 5 sessions.

Fascinatingly poised.

COME ON KENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Key to this is Cook staying there until it's well over 100, if he doesn't, I don't trust anyone else except maybe Ravi or Fos to get the runs.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Key to this is Cook staying there until it's well over 100, if he doesn't, I don't trust anyone else except maybe Ravi or Fos to get the runs.

Great start but I predict the struggle is on from now...
  • This is nicely poised. Might see if I can sneak into the ground for the last hour or so. If Ravi/Walker/Fossie keep their heads, it's Essex's to lose. Which they probably will.

What's Topley like Incorruptible? He's only 17 but mean't to be quite a prospect?
  • 87 needed with 4 wickets in hand for Essex.

Kent MUST make an early breakthrough tomorrow, preferably Foster although Masters is still to come and has scored at least one first class century. Odds must be on Essex I reckon.

Hope I'm wrong though!!!!!!
  • It's gonna be close - Phillips can hold an end up, Masters can slog a few (but would he with a small target?), but Chambers and Topley are bunnies. As you say Len, early wicket, and it Kent's. Much more exciting match than I was expecting!
  • Sorry if I have missed the reason but why was the game scheduled with no play at the weekend ?
  • [cite]Posted By: richie8[/cite]Sorry if I have missed the reason but why was the game scheduled with no play at the weekend ?

There was play on both days at the weekend. Today is the 4th day of a 4 day match.

Essex 211-6 now. Odds increasingly on them to win it with just 285 needed :-(
  • Phillips gone, Essex need 67 with 3 in hand