Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone know a hardcore Charlton fan called Seb?

Comments

• Options
    i remember a really tall fella from around the mottingham area who would wear part of his postie uniform to games .... i think he was a bit game on for the naughty stuff , well he looked like he could handle himself

legends of the coaches
    bill treagold and
    wally RIP
  • Options
    Fanny are you sure Mick walker is dead ? time flies and i cant remember how long ago it was that i saw him. Has to be good 6 years maybe 10.

use to be three diferant groupes travel to games then Lweis coaches-- Valley Away and CAFC Supporters club. Still have my valley away membership card.

The tall fells still goes and is still in the post.
  • Options
    Well, if it's the same Mick Walker , I went to his funeral....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Well, if it's the same Mick Walker , I went to his funeral....

Was he definately deceased?
  • Options
    Probably not the same Mick.

Our Mick (NW Kent) Lived in Istead Rise and had been going for donkey's years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Probably not the same Mick.

Our Mick (NW Kent) Lived in Istead Rise and had been going for donkey's years.
    Ex Spanners, Derek Posse and Keith Weller, used to live at the back of my aunt's house in Istead Rise...

Posse had a huge Ford Zodiac and after his hat trick against us in 1971 my cousin and me filled his exhaust pipe with dog shit...
  • Options
    I remember when I used to go away first in the late 80's early 90's and Ken Bates was always on our coach along with the really tall fella that used to wear denim flares and a sheepskin and would read some very strange books like "traffic systems of europe"

Steve Dixon told us all off for throwing satsuma peel at him one christmas
  • Options
    1905 is a really tall oddball, but I don't remember him wearing a sheepskin. He stopped wearing flares a couple of years ago now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Posse

That's a great last name.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]I remember when I used to go away first in the late 80's early 90's and Ken Bates was always on our coach along with the really tall fella that used to wear denim flares and a sheepskin and would read some very strange books like "traffic systems of europe"

Steve Dixon told us all off for throwing satsuma peel at him one christmas

I hit him on the head with a bonbon to the tune of Kenny doodlebug kumbaya ! (Don't ask)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely brilliant Redzed.
  • Options
    Last time i heard about Paul Pace he was running a bar on Gozo,if you look at come dancing on Saturday you can always see his double just to the left of the band leader at the start of the show,he also has a hat on.
    Ken Bates side-kick Alan Wellbelove now thats a name from the past always travelled on Lewis Coaches in the 70s.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]Pace
    [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]Wellbelove

Cracking surnames!
  • Options
    Anyone remember Mark Bown, an absolute giant of a bloke who lived in Catford and went to most of the aways in the late 70's/80's. Single-handedly fought of Huddersfield's invasion of a Lewis Coach in the car park.

Gentle giant, loved a beer but I lost touch with him after he stopped going so regularly to coach his nephews Saturday football side. Think he perversely got involved in Millwall's youth set up. Probably be about 47 now.
  • Options
    Yesterday's pre-match pub discussion threw up more blasts from the past from the mid-80's.

"Aylesbury Charlton"....anyone remember them?

And I asked earlier in the thread about "Walthamstow Avenue George." Perhaps I needed to expand on his description....tall heavily built geezer with tasche....always wore mack and Charlton tie. Used to be an official at Walthamstow Avenue FC but I think he went on to help Portsmouth Paul (Navy man)/Paul Ellis with organising train travel. Anyone remember him?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]Lewis Coaches....glad the Man in Black is still aroundand even gladder that you use his correct title (given to him by me circa 1983/84). He used to tell us tales about his goalscoring prowess on a Sunday morning and of a trial he had at Peterborough. Knew he was called Richard and he used to travel on the train with me, Steve Dixon, Richard Birch, Dowman and a bloke from Rochester.

"Ken Bates" was christened "Sherriff of Nottingham" by one of my mates on account of his pointy, medieval like beard. He also had a serf-like companion called Alan Wellbelove who was a pipe maker (as in smoking type pipe). Apart from the motor-bike gear, seeing them together was like watching a scene straight from the 12th century.

Think I saw Ken Bates walk past the con Club yesterday around 20 to 3.....he didn't have his motorbike gear with him.
  • Options
    Soundas....probably rode down from Sherwood Forest on a horse.
  • Options
    Saw Dennis's mate yesterday....the one who looks like one of the Marx Brothers....except that he hasn't got curly hair these days so doesn't look like one of the Marx Brothers anymore! Briefly felt a wave of nostalgia come over me....and then remembered his foul mouthed rant one day in the corner terrace at Highbury....

That Norman fella was on the train back to London and was one of very few people in the carriage not calling everyone c*nts every other word. He was wearing a Davy Crocket hat...complete with racoon's tail!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Fanny are you sure Mick walker is dead ? time flies and i cant remember how long ago it was that i saw him. Has to be good 6 years maybe 10.

use to be three diferant groupes travel to games then Lweis coaches-- Valley Away and CAFC Supporters club. Still have my valley away membership card.

The tall fells still goes and is still in the post.[/quote

The tall fella was with me at Yeovil yesterday. Paul Pace still lives in Charlton. He is still a fan but hasn't got any time for the way the club is run.
  • Options
    Seb's brother Ben Elton was in the pub we were in before the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chris - the Armoury?
  • Options
    Only just found this thread ....... can still picture Mick Walker standing on the step of the Valley Away coach in about 1971-72 ...... always travelled Valley Away until I switched to Lewis's in 1972 Third Division season (apart from one trip to Walsall on the Bubbles coach!).

KGB man (tall quiet bloke with a Russian hat) and Dennis is our Leader, Big Chris Slattery, 'Big Ed' Cecil the Lewis's coach driver, loads more whose names are forgotten ........... there were some characters in those days.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]Goonerhater....
    Maltese mafia don = Paul Pace. Didnt he work for the club during the Selhurst days?[/quote]

Paul 'worked' both officialy and unofficialy for the club.
    He used to be a minder for the Maltese mob up in Soho when they were active up there back in the 60's and 70's.
    He borrowed a club mini bus to go to the dogs at Walthamstow some years back and it got nicked from the car park....Paulo got the tin tack as a result of this....he has had a few 'stress related' problems over the years...turns up every now and again....not sure if he's based over here or in Malta nowadays...an interesting character is our Paul (Paulo).
    Is mentioned in Lennies book.[/quote]

Looking through old programmes....and have found picture of the Maltese Don!!! All you people who said he was called Paul Pace were spot on! Programme is from the Everton FA Cup tie in 1991 at Selhurst (seem to remember Alex Dyer scored with a bullet header).

Also found a picture of Steve Dixon scoring a cracking header for CAFC Supporters Club at the training ground in another programme (Millwall home 22 Sept 1990...0-0 draw). Report refers to him as a "trialist!!!!" There's a team photo too...some of you Lifers ae probably in it along with Steve.
  • Options
    Just spotted Seb with his rucksack and sporting the new shirt
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Just spotted Seb with his rucksack and sporting the new shirt

LEGEND! Seb is not you Swisdom! ;) haha
  • Options
    Same here. He's coming my way!
  • Options
    Dennis was a legend,should have had a testimonial. Gave us more entertainment on away games than any of the players. Nothing or no one would stop him from voicing his opinions. Got slung out at QPR once,cant remember why,sumfin to do with blocking the gangways up
  • Options
    This is one for you Nicholas. Tell everyone the story!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    My mate used to go to the same school as him and Seb was once suspended for doing something obscene to a tree. Lets just say he was caught with his pants down. To be honest Its nothing much we have all done it.....havent we? :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]My mate used to go to the same school as him and Seb was once suspended for doing something obscene to a tree. Lets just say he was caught with his pants down. To be honest Its nothing much we have all done it.....havent we? :)

TBF there are some sexy trees.....

er, did I say that out loud?