Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone know a hardcore Charlton fan called Seb?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Does he often wear sun glasses and a baseball cap?

yup
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Good luck to him and his brother, certainly clocked up the miles over the years.

I remember a pre-season friendly down at Plymouth. They were sitting together, then one went to the block on the left on his own, and the other to the block on the right on his own, and they started chanting Red Army to each other. Kept it going for ages !

Ps. its not the surname GH said, and personally i think its best to keep people's full names off here in that respect.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Ps. its not the surname GH said, and personally i think its best to keep people's full names off here in that respect.

i believe that gh was referencing the magic roundabout - zebedee
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]i think i know this guy in a round about way is his name Seb Erde ? he has girl friend called Florence and a dog called Dougal ? always has a spring in his step.
  • Options
    ha, that will teach me to skim read. Complete muggard !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Anyone know the black fella who also seems to be everywhere, sits at the back of the lower north. Wears a ruskie hat all the time??

Norman is one of the nicest people i've met in all my years following Charlton. Legend.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Norman is one of the nicest people i've met in all my years following Charlton. Legend.

seconded, top lad... i'd love to know how many games he's missed over the years, i dread to think!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Norman is one of the nicest people i've met in all my years following Charlton. Legend.

seconded, top lad... i'd love to know how many games he's missed over the years, i dread to think!

I remember sitting next to him & celebrating together a rare Eddie Youds goal at the City Ground when we won up there a few years back...
  • Options
    norm is a charlton legend.
  • Options
    Look all I was saying as some post saying he was receiving words towards him and he left moments late in one, you know after what I have had with people taking piss out of people like this recently, I just find it unfair all I'm saying
  • Options
    I've been on the away game scene on and off for 30 years and I know both brothers and admire their devotion. As has been said they don't age but must now both be in the mid 30's.

Olly is a really nice lad who is commited to Charlton,I don't know Seb as well and they sometimes take different routes due to the fact they like different cities ,pubs and different types of Beer. At Hartlepool I think Seb went via Newcastle whereas Olly travelled direct.

Talking of great Charlton fans I've not seen Dennis yet this season .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know both Ollie and Seb, both sound fellers and go to virtually every game. Caught up witht hem at the last Bromley meeting. Charlton is their life and being at Supporters Player of the Year do a few years back and seeing Seb shake every players hand and each of them looking more and more bewildered was hillarious! Fair play to the pair of them, as harmless as they come...
  • Options
    I can't believe I believed Seb Erde

in my defence it's been a long day - but even so I feel I should slap myself
  • Options
    I've known Norman for years!!

When I left school in 89 I was a fork lift driver in a warehouse in Charlton and our local was the Millionhare (AKA Dockers,Clancys)
    Norman was the barman he pulled a mean pint but never play him at pool he would take your house!!!!

Charlton million %
  • Options
    Is Norman always smartly 'street dressed'? Is he the chap that refused to watch Charlton when we were at Selhurst, and was always down at Welling instead? Used to go to Welling all the time in those days, and if it's the same guy he was their terrace leader week after after week.
  • Options
    hahaha no colinTat thats someone else entirely!

I know Ollie always see him about the place, lovely man. I cant picture his brother tho.
  • Options
    Smartly Street dressed .... now I like that .....
  • Options
    He's thinking of 'Normski'..........

;-)
  • Options
    I know the chap I think. He always arrives very early and reads a book.
  • Options
    So, veterans of 80's away travel....what ever happened to any of these?

Dennis (Burgess?)
    His mate who looked like one of the Marx Bros.
    The bloke with grey beard who came away games on his motorbike.
    The two great big (portly) blokes who may have been brothers.
    Vince (heard he won the raffle!) Sure he belted Dennis once and always used to refer to me as "Grass" or "Brentford"
    Steve Dixon.
    "The Man in Black" (always wore black leather strides)
    "Dowman" (only a select few would recall him...including Richard Birch, Man in Black and Steve Dixon).
    Mike...another motorbike man who was going to stand as a Conservative MP.
    The fella who looked like an Italian who always wore a mac and a Charlton tie.
    "Walthamstow Avenue" (George). He was the one who spotted Maurice Setters sitting on Wakefield station after a game at Huddersfield.

What a bunch we were.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I know who you mean by Seb,once I was driving through Blackheath in the snow and he was walking up the hill towards the POW in CAFC attire so I gave him a couple of friendly toots. As he waved back he fell over in the snow ! Will never forget it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dennis was going last year and I saw him in the North Upper most games at half time , but no sign of him this year. He has mellowed with age and his Glasses have changed and he now looks a bit like Capello rather than Elvis Costello.

I'm slightly worried as he took ill health severance from HSBC around five years ago and he now looks after his elderly Mum.

Of the other others Man in Black is still around , but it would be fascinating to know what happened to the others.
  • Options
    Another one who springs to mind is the slightly portly but incredibly ruddy bloke who sits in the east stand. He travels everywhere by coach and always has a carrier bag with him. Scraggly ginger hair.

He was known as a Van Morrison and often brought about a chant of "he keeps his songs in his bag" - before I get accused of bullying, he thought it was very funny.

Sure his name was Ray. Oakster may remember differently.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Dennis was going last year and I saw him in the North Upper most games at half time , but no sign of him this year. He has mellowed with age and his Glasses have changed and he now looks a bit like Capello rather than Elvis Costello.

I'm slightly worried as he took ill health severance from HSBC around five years ago and he now looks after his elderly Mum.

Of the other others Man in Black is still around , but it would be fascinating to know what happened to the others.

Definitely seen Dennis at a couple of home games this season.
  • Options
    Mack and Charlton tie? Italian looks? Surely that has to be Reg 'tut tut' Pye? Sadly no longer with us. He used to be a steward at Sellout.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Another one who springs to mind is the slightly portly but incredibly ruddy bloke who sits in the east stand. He travels everywhere by coach and always has a carrier bag with him. Scraggly ginger hair.

He was known as a Van Morrison and often brought about a chant of "he keeps his songs in his bag" - before I get accused of bullying, he thought it was very funny.

Sure his name was Ray. Oakster may remember differently.

He still goes to all the games and drinks in The Oak I think.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]So, veterans of 80's away travel....what ever happened to any of these?

Dennis (Burgess?)
    Vince (heard he won the raffle!) Sure he belted Dennis once and always used to refer to me as "Grass" or "Brentford"
    Steve Dixon.
    "Dowman" (only a select few would recall him...including Richard Birch, Man in Black and Steve Dixon).
    "Walthamstow Avenue" (George). He was the one who spotted Maurice Setters sitting on Wakefield station after a game at Huddersfield.

What a bunch we were.

Dennis still goes North Upper.

His mate who looks like one of The Marx Bros still goes Upper North - we call him Captain Underpants- he was in a good fight a few years back Upper North when he dissed some bird and her old man was sitting behind him- well funny.

Bloke with Grey beard - AKA Ken Bates - haven't seen him for years.

Two portly blokes who may be brothers - One of them definitely still goes and drinks in The Oak. They kicked off a good fight at Sellout against Chelsea I think.

Vince and Steve Dixon still go. Vince every game and Steve I've seen on occasions in The North Upper, but he told me he doesn't go to all the games, think he was more than a bit pissed off with the way CAFC dealt with him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]seriously, some of use are disgraceful and announcing how you bully someone who is a fellow Charlton fan who may or may have something wrong with them its horrible! You wouldn't like to be in his place! I despise people like you'se (the ones who say are horrible) stand up for him, hes only a little fellow and aint done nothing wrong to any of us!
    Aren't you the bloke that posted a video of you and your mate beating up a Rumanian bloke dressed up as giant Subway sandwich...?
  • Options
    "The two great big (portly) blokes who may have been brothers."

There names weren't Derek and Danny by any chance?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]So, veterans of 80's away travel....what ever happened to any of these?

Dennis (Burgess?)
    Steve Dixon.

What a bunch we were.[/quote]

Vince still goes - alternates with rugby - big Quins supporter. Usually found in the Oak before and after home games, and will be at Northwich on Sunday
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Another one who springs to mind is the slightly portly but incredibly ruddy bloke who sits in the east stand. He travels everywhere by coach and always has a carrier bag with him. Scraggly ginger hair.

Sure his name was Ray. Oakster may remember differently.[/quote]

Still see Ray at most home games, and away too come to think of it - another Oak regular