Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Funny Crowd Comments

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
We all know that the Valley is prone to a few 'characters' in the stands, so i thought id start a thread on some of the funniest things you've ever heard someone in the crowd shout or sing at a game. This can include some bad comments such as my personal favourite from a bloke behind me a couple of years ago, when he stood up and screamed...

....''Will somebody tackle somebody!!''

Comments

• on the Everton message board "blue kipper" they've had a section for years called "me arl fellas shouts" that has thousands of funny things shouted at the match , always though one on here would be good.

The fella at the Oldham match with his "organised crime" rant would have to be right up there
  • I think 3-0 at Arsenal March 2006 when the whole crowd had completely given up getting behind the team and as well all sat there looking glum someone shouts from the back "we should all do this again next year" followed by a large cheer from all those who heard the cry!
  • There was a guy in front of me at orient who constantly shouted "homo referee, you're a homo." his mate tried to start a chant which featured the line "We are the Barca, of the lower leagues."
  • this kid near me at Gills started having a go at Sodje. He goes you score last week so why the hell can't you score this week. something along those lines.
  • To Colin Walsh from the Covered End.
    "Oi Walshie, it's a good game, you can join in too..."
  • Danny Baker's one which he keeps saying is if you go 2-0 up, wait for it to go a bit quiet, then stand up and proclaim "Nothing can go wrong now!!" and enjoy the reaction from those around you.
  • I remeber away at Swindon way back when. They had just sold there top scorer who's name escapes me at the moment. He was the guy who when scored used to wheel away like an airplane. We were giving them a bit of stick about it when they retorted, 'Rufus is a dogs name', doesn't sound so funny when your'e trying to explain it but it cracked me up at the time!
  • A really posh man old man behind near me for one game last season, presumably never been to a football match before, kept on chanting

"UP THE FIELD, UP THE FIELD"

or

"IN THE NET, IN THE NET"

to the same rhythm depending on where the ball was.

He also made comments like "oooh nice play.. GOOD HUSTLE... GOO GOOO GOOOOOOOO REDS"

Sadly he's never returned. I miss him
  • SIT DOWN
    STAND UP
    SIT DOWN
    STAND UP

Blues were the best - "I would rather be a pastie than a pie" for ages and ages ?
  • I used to sit in front of a Scot in the Covered End. Every time one of the opposition got anywhere near our area, he used to shout, in an accent exactly like Frasier in Dad's Army: "Close him doon!"
  • Sponsored links:

• My favourite was from an away fan, when we played Plymouth Argyle in 1976. I was sitting in the old West Stand and a voice from the back of the stand kept shouting out "Give it to Marinerrr, give it to Marinerrrr"throughout the whole of the first half. At half-time someone obviously told him that Paul Mariner wasn't playing and, in fact, they had sold him to Ipswich Town a few days before. So for the whole of the second half, the old fella was shouting: "Bring back Marinerrr..."
  • My son at a recent Palarse game "Simon Jordan he's a wakeup".

My son at all games "oh south london is wonderful, it's full of chips, jelly and Charlton"
  • The 90 year old man next to me gets very upset when were not playing well and seems to shout argh you f*****g prick McLeod, whether or not it's actually him who lost the ball.
  • Few years ago at selhurst when Andy Peake shoots 5 feet over the bar for the umpteenth time that season. Old boy behind me mutters, 'Getting closer Peake, getting closer.'
  • Can't remember what game it was but El Karkouri flukey shot type thing from half way line, just after a scream of a 'shooot' from some guy a few beside me, either he knew what was coming or had talal down for a few bets. ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]My son at a recent Palarse game "Simon Jordan he's a wakeup".

My son at all games "oh south london is wonderful, it's full of chips, jelly and Charlton"
    ;-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]I remeber away at Swindon way back when. They had just sold there top scorer who's name escapes me at the moment. He was the guy who when scored used to wheel away like an airplane. We were giving them a bit of stick about it when they retorted, 'Rufus is a dogs name', doesn't sound so funny when your'e trying to explain it but it cracked me up at the time![/quote]

Jan Aage Fjortoft
  • My all time favourite, a bit crude, but someone once shouted out because of a players first touch "you've got the touch of a rapist", OTT but very funny at the time.
  • When we had rather over-weight, ex-World Cup Finalist Nicola Berti, on trial, some one shouted out "Oi Berti, have a salad!!"

Made me laugh
  • Two from sellout park in the 80's;

Think we were playing Sunderland in the full members (or renamed simod?) cup, only about 1500 or so there. Steve Mckenzie loses the ball in the centre circle, we are in the arthur wait and this bloke next to me shouts 'you're shit Mckenzie!' .

Mckenzie shouts back 'I'm better than you!'.

Also does anyone remember that Fat bloke that came to sellout with Coventry?
    Think Charlton won 3-0?!
    But everyone in the Charlton ends singing to fatty!

'Fatty's got a burger!'
    'Fatty's getting Fatter!'
    'Fatty whats the score? fatty fatty what's the score?'

And as he left as the third goal went in - 'fattys going home now, fattys going home now!'
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]I remeber away at Swindon way back when. They had just sold there top scorer who's name escapes me at the moment. He was the guy who when scored used to wheel away like an airplane. We were giving them a bit of stick about it when they retorted, 'Rufus is a dogs name', doesn't sound so funny when your'e trying to explain it but it cracked me up at the time!

Jan Aage Fjortoft

Yeah, that's the fellah Thommo!
  • Erik - I don't remember much from Selhurst days but I always remember that fat bloke with coventry for some reason , stood at the back of the terrace .

Fattys getting fatter !!! Good laugh
  • Norwich at home last year from behind me " you Welsh c**ts!"
  • To Phil warman marking a guy with a huge afro " get hold of him Phil the guy aint even got a comb "
  • [cite]Posted By: Eirik Bakke[/cite]Two from sellout park in the 80's;

Think we were playing Sunderland in the full members (or renamed simod?) cup, only about 1500 or so there. Steve Mckenzie loses the ball in the centre circle, we are in the arthur wait and this bloke next to me shouts 'you're shit Mckenzie!' .

Also does anyone remember that Fat bloke that came to sellout with Coventry?
    Think Charlton won 3-0?!
    But everyone in the Charlton ends singing to fatty!

'Fatty's got a burger!'
    'Fatty's getting Fatter!'
    'Fatty whats the score? fatty fatty what's the score?'

And as he left as the third goal went in - 'fattys going home now, fattys going home now!'

I remember that, we also dug him out for wearing dungarees as well I think?
  • Remember being at a Welling game when the oppo fans down the other end sang 'can you hear the Welling sing' to which Riscardo screamed back the length of the pitch 'sing ? if i wanted to sing i would join a fcuking choir!' Then you got a 2 sec delay on the sound travel and then heard them all start laughing.

There was an old guy over there who would routinely shout out 'bring on 11 subs'
  • around 1980 used to work shift i could just make second half of some games if i didnt have a break. Gets to ground standing there eating me sarnies handed a few out a mate decides to throw it at a player taking a throw in.it hits him on head. The player looks round and my mate says " whats up you northern twat ? aint you seen food !"
  • So many good lines over the years, but two of my favourites:

Newton scores early in extra-time in the Cup replay at Dagenham & Redbridge and we break into "We're shit, but we're 1-0 up".

Then, last season I think, we take a 1-0 lead (yes, hard to believe, I know), but the electronic scoreboard fails to keep up with events ....

"Scoreboard, scoreboard ... what's the score?"
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]around 1980 used to work shift i could just make second half of some games if i didnt have a break. Gets to ground standing there eating me sarnies handed a few out a mate decides to throw it at a player taking a throw in.it hits him on head. The player looks round and my mate says " whats up you northern twat ? aint you seen food !"

LOL, that one I find very amusing :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Eirik Bakke[/cite]Two from sellout park in the 80's;

That's fantastic! Players should be able to give it back. I imagine there's quite a few similar incidents at cricket matches.