Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Northwich Away on ITV, Sunday 8th 1.30pm !!!

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]Not impressed with this. Have bought my train tickets but neither me or my mate will be able to get down to the ground on Monday to get out tickets. It's totally feasible that we will take more than 1250 so could find myself in Northwich watching it on the box!

Re Mrlargo's comments about Sunday travel isuues, I didn't realise there were any issues. Is that not the case? There doesn't appear to be any engineering works.

Well I haven't looked into it in that much detail as by luck I'm up North that weekend anyway. However, I read somewhere, might have been here or the Northwich website, that the local service to Northwich is a bit sparse on Sundays. Trains from London to Crewe/Stockport are fine though.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]Not impressed with this. Have bought my train tickets but neither me or my mate will be able to get down to the ground on Monday to get out tickets. It's totally feasible that we will take more than 1250 so could find myself in Northwich watching it on the box!

Re Mrlargo's comments about Sunday travel isuues, I didn't realise there were any issues. Is that not the case? There doesn't appear to be any engineering works.[/quote]

Well I haven't looked into it in that much detail as by luck I'm up North that weekend anyway. However, I read somewhere, might have been here or the Northwich website, that the local service to Northwich is a bit sparse on Sundays. Trains from London to Crewe/Stockport are fine though.[/quote]

Yes mate, train to Crewe & then train to Hartford seems to be favourite. Well that's what I've booked.
  • Options
    Vics operate a cashless turnstyle policy so it's a queue outside a portacabin to get your tickets.

We've only been doing this for a month or so now and on gates of around 600-700, it's not been a problem. Last Saturday's match against FCUofM was a huge increase in gate - 2600 but tickets for home fans were available during the week and FCUofM were sent 1000 tickets I think.

No news on Vics' ticket sales yet, but if it's anything like last week, we'll be asked strongly to get them before the day of the match. It does seem a small amount to send down to you, IMHO. Was hoping for another 1000 on top of that to make a decent gate for us. Swings and roundabouts with the extra TV money, I guess.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Northwich Tricker[/cite]Vics operate a cashless turnstyle policy so it's a queue outside a portacabin to get your tickets.

taken a turn for the worse...!

how early does it open mate do you know?
  • Options
    how much is the extra TV money from ITV (sorry if i missed it in this already) but is it as much as Sky pay out?
  • Options
    Where do away fans go? along the side or behind the goal?
  • Options
    Is the registry office walkable to the hotel ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Where do away fans go? along the side or behind the goal?

bit of both I think mate, along one goal terracing and a portion of the side seated
  • Options
    NVFC are saying to us that if more Charlton turn up they will give us more terracing.

In an ideal world we would have taken all the tickets, but given the timescale and the postal situation we thought it best not to put people in a situation where they had to go to The Valley during the week to buy them.

The aim is for the coaches to arrive an hour before the game.
  • Options
    We've never had a Sunday match before with the new ticket arrangements (can't remember the last home Sunday match at all come to that) but for the 4th Round Qualifying match, the ticket cabin was open from around 9:30 I think (for a 3:00pm kick-off). I should imagine that it would be open early enough. No idea if there will be a separate away cabin brought in for the day.

As for the ground, you'll probably get the left-hand side half of the Dane Bank:
    http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f40/joostvoncken/Weekje/Northwich/Afbeelding395.jpg

You'll get the right-hand side of the main stand (the only seating):
    http://www.conferencegrounds.co.uk/northwich2.jpg

and you'll get all behind the goal. WARNING. There is *one* step that makes up the "terrace" behind the goal. It's embarrassing even for us!
    http://www.freewebs.com/tims92/Northwich Victoria/Victoria Stadium 8.jpg

The cash pay-out is £67,500 each
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some great match-day stadium pics to show you what the place looks like here:

http://www.fcumania.co.uk/0910/northwichvictoria/

http://pro-pose.co.uk/album/FCUTD/#id=Northwich Victoria vs FC United&num=1
  • Options
    http://www.fcumania.co.uk/0910/northwichvictoria/

http://pro-pose.co.uk/album/FCUTD/#id=Northwich Victoria vs FC United&num=1
  • Options
    what a nonsense way of selling tickets.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]NVFC are saying to us that if more Charlton turn up they will give us more terracing.

In an ideal world we would have taken all the tickets, but given the timescale and the postal situation we thought it best not to put people in a situation where they had to go to The Valley during the week to buy them.

Any news on the coaches Airman? Pick up times, locations and cost?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]NVFC are saying to us that if more Charlton turn up they will give us more terracing.

The aim is for the coaches to arrive an hour before the game.[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up Rick & I acknowledge that decision. I really hope this doesn't put people off going as it sounds like we'll all get in.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]NVFC are saying to us that if more Charlton turn up they will give us more terracing.

Any news on the coaches Airman? Pick up times, locations and cost?

Full details here.
  • Options
    Im going via Manc Palace Hater
  • Options
    to arrive an hour before the game means the coach from Bexleyheath is expected to do it in under five hours, including stop/s. Could be a close shave imo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]to arrive an hour before the game means the coach from Bexleyheath is expected to do it in under five hours, including stop/s. Could be a close shave imo.

Three hours 41 minutes from Charlton (leaving 8am) on Google maps. Add up to 45 minutes for a stop.

I'd put another 15 minutes in for a 3pm kick-off, but there shouldn't be any traffic on a Sunday morning.
  • Options
    The Missus has just phoned Northwich - sounds like they'll post you out a ticket if you post them a cheque, but obviously it'll be at your own risk with the postal situation as it is.

Something else worth noting, they don't have any card facilities so it's cash or cheque only.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Exiled - sure that is for away fans or are you talking about a ticket in the home areas ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Not overly impressed with the ticketing arrangements for the FA Cup Round 1 tie.

Available on Monday to personal callers only, it means that those of us who live a fair distance from The Valley will need to take time off work - and with only 250 seats and 250 standing tickets available initially, every chance that they will be sold out when we get there. The remainder (750 out of the intial allocation of 1,250) will be available on the day of the match apparently.

It means that we will have 750 tickets sitting there until the day of the match and that many of us will travel to Northwich in the hope of getting there before the tickets sell out.

Not ideal .. or have I misunderstood something? How about being to able to buy over the phone or on-line from Monday and then collect personally from The Valley at sensible times between now and the day of the match?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Not overly impressed with the ticketing arrangements for the FA Cup Round 1 tie.

Available on Monday to personal callers only, it means that those of us who live a fair distance from The Valley will need to take time off work - and with only 250 seats and 250 standing tickets available initially, every chance that they will be sold out when we get there. The remainder (750 out of the initial allocation of 1,250) will be available on the day of the match apparently.

It means that we will have 750 tickets sitting there until the day of the match and that many of us will travel to Northwich in the hope of getting there before the tickets sell out.

Not ideal .. or have I misunderstood something? How about being to able to buy over the phone or on-line from Monday and then collect personally from The Valley at sensible times between now and the day of the match?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Exiled - sure that is for away fans or are you talking about a ticket in the home areas ?

Should be because the Missus actually rang up to ask if we could pick them up on our way 'past' on our way up to Carlisle on Friday so he should have twigged we're Addicks (although not being privvy to the exact conversation I can't confirm she spelt it out categorically).

I'll ask her and get back to you!
  • Options
    We are away at Stafford Rangers on Saturday. Northwich and Stafford are just off the M6, so someone from the club could easily be available on your way to Carlisle for a ticket sale. Something to think about given the postal strike situation.
  • Options
    I really can't see what all the fuss is about !

Firstly, anyone wanting a ticket can go down to the Valley next Monday or (as Dave Rudd says) you can't get down their in person you go to the game on Sunday week & buy one on the day.........I can tell you this now, it wont be a sell out !!!!!!!!!! - even if we did manage to sell our initial allocation I'n sure there will be a few hundred "spare" in other parts of the ground (home, away or neutral).

As for getting there..........DRIVE !!!!!! All this fuss & bother about trains and taxis has had me in fits. I've only ever been to one away game outside the m25 by train and havn't used the coaches for about 10 years ..........and if for one game you can't go without a drink for a few hours then you'd better check yourself in with the AA . Also for the guy with a ticket to see Saxon - dont know what car you drive but the game will be over by 3.30pm & i would imagine you'd be on the M6 by around 4pm.............and at the M1/M25 junction before 7pm - easy enough time to get to N/London for a gig.

as for people moaning about a Sunday lunch-time kick-off spoiling their hair appts................ye gods !!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I really can't see what all the fuss is about !

As for getting there..........DRIVE !!!!!! All this fuss & bother about trains and taxis has had me in fits. I've only ever been to one away game outside the m25 by train and havn't used the coaches for about 10 years ..........and if for one game you can't go without a drink for a few hours then you'd better check yourself in with the AA .

Bit harsh! Away games are a chance to do a bit of tourism for some of us, visiting obscure places that you'd never go to if there wasn't a game there. Granted most of the tourism involves seeing how many pubs you can squeeze in between arriving and leaving but that doesn't make me an alcoholic! Used to drive to away games when I was about 17 - not half as much fun.

Oh, and I haven't got a car.
  • Options
    I'm sure whatever the club decided would have been wrong for some people. Northwich are quite flexible, we've set it up so that the people who feel they must have a ticket the minute they go on sale can get one and the people who don't live in SE London don't have to come to The Valley. We can't control the postal strike, motorway accidents or Northwich's ability to sell tickets on the day, but they've promised that if more than 1,250 people turn up they will allocate more terracing.

I don't personally see us taking 1,500 people to Cheshire for a Sunday lunchtime game that is live on ITV . . .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]I'm sure whatever the club decided would have been wrong for some people. Northwich are quite flexible, we've set it up so that the people who feel they must have a ticket the minute they go on sale can get one and the people who don't live in SE London don't have to come to The Valley. We can't control the postal strike, motorway accidents or Northwich's ability to sell tickets on the day, but they've promised that if more than 1,250 people turn up they will allocate more terracing.

I don't personally see us taking 1,500 people to Cheshire for a Sunday lunchtime game that is live on ITV . . .

yup agreed. If it had been saturday, quite possibly. But not now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I really can't see what all the fuss is about !

Firstly, anyone wanting a ticket can go down to the Valley next Monday or (as Dave Rudd says) you can't get down their in person you go to the game on Sunday week & buy one on the day.........I can tell you this now, it wont be a sell out !!!!!!!!!! - even if we did manage to sell our initial allocation I'n sure there will be a few hundred "spare" in other parts of the ground (home, away or neutral).

As for getting there..........DRIVE !!!!!! All this fuss & bother about trains and taxis has had me in fits. I've only ever been to one away game outside the m25 by train and havn't used the coaches for about 10 years ..........and if for one game you can't go without a drink for a few hours then you'd better check yourself in with the AA . Also for the guy with a ticket to see Saxon - dont know what car you drive but the game will be over by 3.30pm & i would imagine you'd be on the M6 by around 4pm.............and at the M1/M25 junction before 7pm - easy enough time to get to N/London for a gig.

as for people moaning about a Sunday lunch-time kick-off spoiling their hair appts................ye gods !!!!!!!!!

Great post Golfie - don't agree with it all but enjoyed reading it.