Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Northwich Away on ITV, Sunday 8th 1.30pm !!!

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2009
    :) I'm happy, but I must admit, it's hard on you London boys and girls. You'll find the trains really hard on a Sunday at that time.

Travelling up the M40 and M6 will be easier though. I would imagine that some coach companies would be making a few quid on it.

If you had a few quid going spare, how about staying overnight in Chester (Euston to Crewe - Crewe to Chester) then getting the Chester to Lostock Gralam train on the Sunday? Bit pricey, but there's lots of drinking and beds available in Chester as opposed to Northwich.
    EDIT - ah.... seems the trains are a bit crap on a Sunday :(

I imagine that we'll both lose a few fans, but there's a pot of money involved to compensate :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Northwich Tricker[/cite]... drive back to Londinium and watch the recording.

any chance you could give 500 charlton fans a lift - the trains don't look too good ;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Posted By: Northwich Tricker
    ....drive back to Londinium and watch the recording.

Posted By: stonemuse
    any chance you could give 500 charlton fans a lift - the trains don't look too good ;-)

In my Ford KA, I may have to open the hatch-back :)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Just looked on trainline the 8.20 am from euston change at stockport gets you to northwich for about 12.30 66 quid is the best ive found
  • Options
    Do people in the North just lock their doors and hide under the bed all day on a Sunday? I can't believe no buses and one train every two and a bit hours. That's madness. I was really looking forward to the weekend holibobs - Chester of course being home to the best hotel in Britain - but there's simply no practical way of getting to the game. I assume a taxi from Chester would cost stupid money - £50 or so?
  • Options
    http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/pj/fa

£70 !!
    Sod that..........
    love to go, but.........
  • Options
    This is all the BBC's fault for putting Strictly come dancing on at the same time as X-Factor .
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    If you are getting a train on the Manchester - Stockport - Chester line, you'll be wanting Lostock Gralam as your destination station if you want to walk to the ground.

As for transport in mid-cheshire, it's the middle of nowhere, it really is. Your walk from the station will be alongside trees and fields. It's the countryside and a half! A taxi from Manchester to Northwich is about 50 quid, so I imagine that it would be about the same from Chester too.

Is going on a club coach not really the done thing for you guys? At our level, it's pretty much the only way to go unless you are driving.
  • Options
    Im in Berlin for that weekend so looking for somewhere showing it if anyone has any suggestions
  • Options
    am in prague that weekend too, anyone know if you can watch itv.com online out of the uk?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    These guys have allowed me to see tons of footy that I wouldn't have otherwise been able to:

http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/
  • Options
    You can get there for £50 if you go:
    Euston - Crewe
    Crewe - Hartford

Leaves Euston at 9.15 arv at Hartford 11.50. You can easily get a cab to ground/pub from Hartford as its on the edge of Northwich.
  • Options
    I think the fact that you can't Drink on the coaches means its not a popular choice !!
    ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]am in prague that weekend too, anyone know if you can watch itv.com online out of the uk?

possibly, when I am in Frankfurt I now get ITV on hotel tv when I stay at Hilton - best to check with hotel
  • Options
    Tricker> I don't know anyone that gets coaches to games, but perhaps that's because all the other Addicks I know are pissheads like me and want to drink all the way and back.

Personally, I don't get the travel up, watch game, straight back mentality either. If I'm going to a distant part of the country for a game, I'll always book a hotel and make a pub-crawl weekend of it - that way it doesn't matter so much when we play shit and lose!
  • Options
    This is a heavy cup schedule for Parkinson,with the televised Southampton JPT game on the 11th of November. Do you think he will use two different teams for these two games and who will play against Northwich and who against Sothampton. A;so when was the last time Charlton appeared live on two televised games within a week if ever.
  • Options
    Sods law, I thought that this might be on the telly and was hoping for a Saturday lunch time or tea time kick off. The reason? I'm, seeing Saxon (with support from th mighty Anvil) at the Koko Club on Sunday night. Even with a mad dash down the motorway I'll never make it back home (no way I'm parking in the Camden Town area), get out again and make the gig on time.

Looked at the trains and it looks like there could be three changes and a round trip of about 4 hours. I might as well try going to Aberdeen via Penzance! So looks like I'll be missing it, I'm not giving up the 30 quid I paid for the gig ticket.

As if the fates haven't been cruel enough to me already with the Bristol Rovers home game conspiring to be on the same day as the wife's birthday- and if I value what is dear to me I'll be missing that one too!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: somerton[/cite]This is a heavy cup schedule for Parkinson,with the televised Southampton JPT game on the 11th of November. Do you think he will use two different teams for these two games and who will play against Northwich and who against Sothampton. A;so when was the last time Charlton appeared live on two televised games within a week if ever.

Certainly not for 2 cup games anyway.
  • Options
    Def going to it regardless, never miss our first FA Cup game of the season
  • Options
    Me and the boy "Stop Shouting" are all over this like the cheapest of cheap suits. Shame the ground is an out of town affair but am still looking forward to some terracing, drinking, and a routine victory from Charlton.........er, yeah, terracing and drinking anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What time will the coach leave and how much will it be does anyone have any ideas? :P
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]What time will the coach leave and how much will it be does anyone have any ideas? :P

Like 8ish I spose, and like £15-£20 odd I bet
  • Options
    do they still play at the old drill field? went there years ago to see welling in a cup game
  • Options
    going this,cant wait,not bothering with yeovil now.
  • Options
    Anyone going via manc? I fancy this one
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]What time will the coach leave and how much will it be does anyone have any ideas? :P

Like 8ish I spose, and like £15-£20 odd I bet
    Will have to go on the coach now, but will have some Nth London Addick orange juice on me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]Anyone going via manc? I fancy this one

via Stockport i reckon

can't believe how bad the trains are on a Sunday, Sat lunchtime would've been alright...
  • Options
    Sod it, Saturday, telly or not, would've gone to the game, but the Sunday too awkward for me with personal arrangements. It's coming round so soon, too soon to sort out matters....shame.
  • Options
    Am gutted! Was going to meet an old mate of mine who lives up there now & then take in the game! Now its Sunday i can't, having my barnet done, no way i can change that this time of year :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: somerton[/cite]This is a heavy cup schedule for Parkinson,with the televised Southampton JPT game on the 11th of November. Do you think he will use two different teams for these two games and who will play against Northwich and who against Sothampton. A;so when was the last time Charlton appeared live on two televised games within a week if ever.

Are you sure that both matches will be shown? Not according to the OS.

If this is true, I'm sure that it's never happened before. I don't even think that we've ever had two games on live in the same month before.