Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Northwich Away on ITV, Sunday 8th 1.30pm !!!

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Am gutted! Was going to meet an old mate of mine who lives up there now & then take in the game! Now its Sunday i can't, having my barnet done, no way i can change that this time of year :-(

Typical girl. Can't go to footie as I'm having my hair cut on that day in 2 weeks time :-)
  • Options
    Sorry, but why is it so hard to change a hairdresser's appointment in early November? Is it due to Rememberence Sunday?
  • Options
    Typical girl, crikey, thats a first! My hairdresser runs 3 saloons & only works 2 days @ the Blackheath saloon i go to. Believe it or not women try & get as many 'do's' in before the Xmas Party season. As such i booked this appointment 2 months ago! Things we do to look good for you boys ;-)
  • Options
    I haven't been to a hairdresser's since January 2007
  • Options
    Jimmy, you're either bald or have terrible split ends!
  • Options
    Neither, I let my wife cut my hair. Hairdressers get money for old rope in my book.
  • Options
    jimmy, both are on TV, I told you that earlier, do you not believe your older brother ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]What time will the coach leave and how much will it be does anyone have any ideas? :P

Like 8ish I spose, and like £15-£20 odd I bet

they would leave Bexleyheath about 8am for a 3pm kick-off, reckon you are looking at around 6.30am to 7am.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]jimmy, both are on TV, I told you that earlier, do you not believe your older brother ??

But Henry says to believe only the OS:

No symbol next to Southampton game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]What time will the coach leave and how much will it be does anyone have any ideas? :P

Like 8ish I spose, and like £15-£20 odd I bet

they would leave Bexleyheath about 8am for a 3pm kick-off, reckon you are looking at around 6.30am to 7am.

It only takes around 4 hours to get there, like 40mins service stop, so aim to get there at 1 and would only have to leave at 8
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    see other thread !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]My hairdresser runs 3 saloons
    You want to get hold of one that concentrates on cutting hair, instead of running bars.

;o)
  • Options
    blimey, i can't believe they changed it to this day. now i am not going to be able to make it due to the cat getting her injections.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Am gutted! Was going to meet an old mate of mine who lives up there now & then take in the game! Now its Sunday i can't, having my barnet done, no way i can change that this time of year :-(

The best excuse so far
  • Options
    Cracking news, got the Monday off work anyway, so big beer session up the Legion and it being remberance Sunday as well, good day all round.
  • Options
    Hmmm, 3Blokes you got a pass yet? I've yet to apply!
  • Options
    If Jimmy Melrose's wife is going to the game then maybe she could cut KBSlittlesis' hair on the coach? Everyone's a winner then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Hmmm, 3Blokes you got a pass yet? I've yet to apply!

Shall I ask Mrs BDL for you ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]My hairdresser runs 3 saloons
    3 Saloons???? a hairdresser that works two days and runs three bars? what a hard worker! No wonder you have to squeeze your appointment in!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ticket Details:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=35032

Perhaps I'm overestimating our support, but seems a bit risky to me that only 500 can buy in advance. Obviously Sunday travel issues and TV coverage will hit our support a bit but I would have thought 1500 was feasible travelling support and we've only got 1,250 tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would have thought putting 500 terrace places and 250 seats straight on sale would be more suitable to be honest. Hope this doesn't end up biting us on the backside
  • Options
    Not impressed with this. Have bought my train tickets but neither me or my mate will be able to get down to the ground on Monday to get out tickets. It's totally feasible that we will take more than 1250 so could find myself in Northwich watching it on the box!

Re Mrlargo's comments about Sunday travel isuues, I didn't realise there were any issues. Is that not the case? There doesn't appear to be any engineering works.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MoG[/cite]Shall I ask Mrs BDL for you ? ;-)

NO - bloody stalker!
  • Options
    I'll have to Sky+ it as well. Got a women's game. Brighton v Charlton with a 2pm kick off so a long day there.
  • Options
    Absolute joke.

So they expect 750 people to travel to Cheshire ticketless to a Sunday game on TV?

Which planet do these people occupy?
  • Options
    Comment IsawLeaburnScore. I sometimes think that half a dozen people from the club, sit round a table & discuss how they can make things as awkward as possible for their supporters!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MoG[/cite]Shall I ask Mrs BDL for you ? ;-)

NO - bloody stalker!

Hope your joking..........
    Seriously, how did you quote on the next page ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It's just ludicrous.

Yes there's a postal strike. Yes the game is in under a fortnight. Yes it's a huge match that's going to be played at a non league ground with non league infrastructure.

But come on!

Do they honestly think that 750 will travel ticketless all that bloody way and have to worry a bit perhaps about getting there on time in case they decide to flog a block of our allocation to the home support or the tickets have gone or something like that when they can just sit at home with their hangovers in front of TERRESTRIAL tv?

Could we not have a bit of imagination here? Would it really be so hard to sell the allocation beforehand through the phone lines and to personal callers and hold their tickets in Northwich for collection on production of an ID number and further details? Or have the option to charge a few quid extra on the ticket for a courier service?

Somewhere along the line here, someone will lose out... Northwich/Charlton on the tickets and sundries if we undersell or Charlton fans up their without a ticket.

Are other clubs doing this out of interest?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]Re Mrlargo's comments about Sunday travel isuues, I didn't realise there were any issues. Is that not the case? There doesn't appear to be any engineering works.

On the Manchester - Stockport - Chester line there are only trains every 2h 30 on a Sunday (normally twice an hour I believe)
  • Options
    this seems totally ridiculous and a bit worrying. I don't think we'll take 1,250 but surely seeling in advance negates queue's at the ground and having turnstile operators collecting money. In addition if you are sending down 250 stand tickets and 250 terrace tickets then why not send down the whole lot. I don't think there is any danger of not getting in, nor of them nabbing some back for home supporters as it says an 'initial' 1,250 available, but why make thing's difficult for fans.
    Maybe something has been lost in the ether or maybe Airman can explain the reasoning further.