Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• RedPanda said:

Ladytron. Been a while.

Reminded me to listen to (on YouTube) one of my favourite records I haven't got....

Ladytron - Seventeen
  • fadgadget said:

Depeche Mode =Delta Machine , A improvement on the previous album , but Dave Gahans vocals leave a lot to be desired in my book, too much blues /soul and not enough synth`s , if your in to this sort of music have a listen to the last John Foxx album evidence, blows this away .

Had ordered DP and Suede today. Just ordered John Foxx now on your recommendation. Looking forward to hearing it; been a while since Underpass! Suporting OMD on tour I hear

• Bit of theme in my ones from this week...

Slayer - Reign in Blood
    Slayer - South of Heaven
    Megadeth - Peace Sells...
    Anthrax - Among The Living
  • tricky said:

Bit of theme in my ones from this week...

Slayer - Reign in Blood
    Slayer - South of Heaven
    Megadeth - Peace Sells...
    Anthrax - Among The Living

A little known fact: I have a Slayer tattoo.

ET: Check out the album Witching Hour if you haven't heard it. One of my favourites ever, not as electro but a bit more polished and bordering on haunting/melancholic in places.

• "Leonard Cohen - Live in London (2008 @ O2); materials, musicianship (including the "delightful" Webb sisters) and performance all first class....not bad for a guy then 73!!!!!
  • "Leonard Cohen - Live in London (2008 @ O2); materials, musicianship (including the "delightful" Webb sisters) and performance all first class....not bad for a guy then 73!!!!!

I was there maaaaaan. Great show. I remember quite liking the Webb sisters :S
  • McBobbin said:

"Leonard Cohen - Live in London (2008 @ O2); materials, musicianship (including the "delightful" Webb sisters) and performance all first class....not bad for a guy then 73!!!!!

I was there maaaaaan. Great show. I remember quite liking the Webb sisters :S
    I am envious, McB...!!! Only watching on DVD, but he seemed to respond really well to the great crowd.....The live versions of the songs from this concert are better than the studio recordings....I hear he is playing the O2 again this year, but I don't know if the 2008 show can be topped....
  • TelMc32 said:

stonemuse said:

In Love - Peace

Terrific new band ... influences of House of Love, Suede, The Cure ... even shades of Happy Mondays ... love it

stonemuse...great band. If you haven't already heard it, the Delicious EP from last year is worth a listen. California Daze is a favourite.
    Cheers Tel ... will look up the EP
  • Besnard Lakes new album
  • Cult Of Luna - Vertikal

I love this band. They probably won't be most people's cup of tea on here, but if you're into music that's slightly challenging and heavier than the norm, check them out. The new album is great - intensity from start to finish
  • Sponsored links:

• kafka said:

fadgadget said:

Depeche Mode =Delta Machine , A improvement on the previous album , but Dave Gahans vocals leave a lot to be desired in my book, too much blues /soul and not enough synth`s , if your in to this sort of music have a listen to the last John Foxx album evidence, blows this away .

Had ordered DP and Suede today. Just ordered John Foxx now on your recommendation. Looking forward to hearing it; been a while since Underpass! Suporting OMD on tour I hear

Suede is the next one on my list , another cd worth considering is Karl Bartos (kRAFTWERK).
    John foxx is indeed supporting OMD(their new album sound good) ,got my tickets for the Margate and roundhouse shows , he is also playing at Brighton and has some interesting support groups .

https://www.concorde2.co.uk/bookTickets.php?pageName=John+Foxx+and+The+Maths&dateTime=2013-06-07

• peace
    splashh
    swim deep
    jaws

all such good bands!
  • Great new single from Carbon / Silicon ... Mick Jones and Tony James in case you don't know

Big Surprise
    youtube.com/watch?v=KZmth7DcRNU
  • Some classic rock from Queen today:-

Son & Daughter
    Ogre Battle
    White Man
    Liar
    Its Late
    See What a Fool I've Been

All from their pre-synth days before they released crap like Radio Ga Ga and I Want To Break Free.
  • Just been listening to Vini Reilly/the Durutti column.
  • peace
    splashh
    swim deep
    jaws

all such good bands!

Was going to work with Swim Deep before Sony came along.
  • stonemuse said:

Great new single from Carbon / Silicon ... Mick Jones and Tony James in case you don't know

Big Surprise
    youtube.com/watch?v=KZmth7DcRNU

Good call , some excellent stuff there .
  • Yup feel free to add me! http://www.last.fm/user/chrismcbobbin I dont always "scrobble" but you get the idea!
  • Gibson Brothers - Cuba
    Musique - Keep On Jumping
    Evelyn King - Love Come Down
    Linda Clifford - Runaway Love
    Indeep - Last Night A DJ Saved My Life
    Bobby Thurston - Check Out The Groove
    Midnight Star - Midas Touch
    The Whispers - And The Beat Goes On
    Machine - There But For The Grace Of His Go I
    Shalamar - I Can Make You Feel Good
    Booker Newbury - Love Town

All on a loop as I washed my car.
  • Sponsored links:

• A soul afternoon ..

amongst others:
    Solid .. Ashford & Simpson
    The Duck .. Jackie Lee
  • The Redskins - Neither Washington nor Moscow
  • TelMc32 said:

The Redskins - Neither Washington nor Moscow

As above.
  • Elvis Costello - Spike
  • Traces - Karine Polwart
  • Odd mix today...
    Bolthrower
    Napalm Death...
    and
    New Model Army....
  • Gave Metal Church a bit of a go on the Ipod on the way home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fLN0Nypji8

I agree with the guy who commented that he isn't religious but this is the sort of church he'd go to on Sundays. Me too!

Now that.... is a fking classic album!

• The Neighbours - Going At It Hammer and Tongs.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!