Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• Bluetones - Marblehead Johnson.
  • 1StevieG said:

RedPanda said:

1StevieG said:

RedPanda said:

Super Flu - Euterpeh

Silly German tech house from a couple of years ago.

Just listening to them on soundcloud after you mentioned them. Quality.
    Cool, glad you like. They used to be real favourites (check out the tracks Shine, Didschn and He-Man if you haven't already) but they've gone really housey now. Not quite as much my thing. Andhim are similar and also worth looking up if you're into that sound.

Listening to some Enslaved at the mo, they're playing in London tonight but I forgot to sort myself out. Am a bit past my gig days though, I saw Obituary in December and shamefully left before the end.

Will check out those suggestions. Liking the Andhim track Patty Sue. Sounds similar to the stuff I like on the label Kompakt which release an eclectic mix of electronica. They have about 12 compilations out at the moment featuring some of the best stuff released over the years.
    Cool, I don't mind Kompakt, Bpitch etc but it's not quite my thing, am more so into techno. I think I need to hear it in a club before I 'get' it. I don't remember ever seeing a Kompakt night over here though.
  • Ghost Riders in the Sky on Radio 2 now!

Yippee I A, Yippee I O
  • RedPanda said:

1StevieG said:

RedPanda said:

1StevieG said:

RedPanda said:

Super Flu - Euterpeh

Cool, glad you like. They used to be real favourites (check out the tracks Shine, Didschn and He-Man if you haven't already) but they've gone really housey now. Not quite as much my thing. Andhim are similar and also worth looking up if you're into that sound.

Listening to some Enslaved at the mo, they're playing in London tonight but I forgot to sort myself out. Am a bit past my gig days though, I saw Obituary in December and shamefully left before the end.

Will check out those suggestions. Liking the Andhim track Patty Sue. Sounds similar to the stuff I like on the label Kompakt which release an eclectic mix of electronica. They have about 12 compilations out at the moment featuring some of the best stuff released over the years.
    Cool, I don't mind Kompakt, Bpitch etc but it's not quite my thing, am more so into techno. I think I need to hear it in a club before I 'get' it. I don't remember ever seeing a Kompakt night over here though.
    Funny you should say that as techno is more my thing. Love anything on drumcode and CLR. Started off on house music, progressed to trance then techno through to hardcore techno. I have calmed down a bit as you can only take so much 250bpm noisecore! Don't go out clubbing much anymore, although i was a bit gutted to have not been able to go to a Drumcode night in Miami on thursday ( in Florida at the moment ). Alan Fitzpatrick, Joseph Capriati and Adam Beyer is the perfect line up!
  • Had music on random play through the night and still playing. 98% Northern Soul & 60's R&B
  • Crosses - EP 1& 2 (blissful)
    Fugazi - Steady Diet Of Nothing (old skool)
    Cult Of Luna - Vertikal (bombastic)
  • 1StevieG said:

RedPanda said:

1StevieG said:

RedPanda said:

1StevieG said:

RedPanda said:

Super Flu - Euterpeh

Funny you should say that as techno is more my thing. Love anything on drumcode and CLR. Started off on house music, progressed to trance then techno through to hardcore techno. I have calmed down a bit as you can only take so much 250bpm noisecore! Don't go out clubbing much anymore, although i was a bit gutted to have not been able to go to a Drumcode night in Miami on thursday ( in Florida at the moment ). Alan Fitzpatrick, Joseph Capriati and Adam Beyer is the perfect line up!
    Nice, are you getting to any events there? I like all them, then am into stuff like Sam Paganini, Luigi Madonna, Julian Jeweil, Matador, Gaiser, etc.

If you keep an eye on http://www.1001tracklists.com/ there are a lot of sets from WMC doing the rounds currently. A lot of crap gets put on that site but you do get some gems, listening to Dubfire's set from Wednesday at the moment.
  • edited March 2013
    Fifteen feet of pure white snow

http://youtu.be/4sfhvxTZ0wo
  • RedPanda said:

1StevieG said:

RedPanda said:

1StevieG said:

RedPanda said:

1StevieG said:

RedPanda said:

Super Flu - Euterpeh

Nice, are you getting to any events there? I like all them, then am into stuff like Sam Paganini, Luigi Madonna, Julian Jeweil, Matador, Gaiser, etc.

If you keep an eye on http://www.1001tracklists.com/ there are a lot of sets from WMC doing the rounds currently. A lot of crap gets put on that site but you do get some gems, listening to Dubfire's set from Wednesday at the moment.
    Will check it out. Not able to get to any of the club nights due to other plans that have been made. Damn shame but you can watch and listen to all the sets on http://www.be-at.tv/ and shed loads more archived. I have got plenty of tracks by Luigi Madonna on Analytic Trail as well as stuff by Sam Paginini, matador etc. I saw Dubfire at the Source club in Maidstone a couple of years ago and hadn't heard of him before. There are certainly plenty of podcasts and websites to keep you interested like the CLR and Drumcode podcasts ( Carl Craig 1hr mix on CLR is pretty damn good ), Techno Live Set podcast which have tons of DJ sets recorded around the world as well as be-at.tv and loads more. Also got a page on soundcloud/stevieg1972 for some of my own mixes that i have cobbled together.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cool, cheers! Bloody Beyer played with Prydz last night, that would have been amazing. Have got a lot of time for the latter as well, despite some of the stuff he's made.

I'll def have a look at your Soundcloud. This is my favourite tune at the moment, guessing you've heard it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb7W9sOpokw
  • Elvis Costello - This Year's Model
  • Mott the Hoople - again...
  • RedPanda said:

Cool, cheers! Bloody Beyer played with Prydz last night, that would have been amazing. Have got a lot of time for the latter as well, despite some of the stuff he's made.

Yep, love the Joseph Capriati remix. Bought it on Beatport a couple of weeks ago. My faves at the moment are Robert Hood's Drive ( Age Of Automation C Box Mix ) and Marc Romboy/Ken Ishi's Susei ROD remix. Hope you enjoy the mixes on Soundcloud. Bit of a shameless plug but I also have a mix in the Blindspot contest http://blindspotmusic.co.uk/podcasts/-steve-girling-contest058 but compared to the other mixes up there mine is pretty basic!
  • Alesana - A place where the sun is silent.
    bit emo..
  • Depeche Mode =Delta Machine , A improvement on the previous album , but Dave Gahans vocals leave a lot to be desired in my book, too much blues /soul and not enough synth`s , if your in to this sort of music have a listen to the last John Foxx album evidence, blows this away .
  • Broadside - Bellowhead
  • If anyone is interested here is a link for streamimg of the New yet to be released Orchestral Manoeuvres in the dark album /English Electric
    http://pitchfork.com/advance/57-english-electric/
  • edited April 2013
    Natural Child - Nobody Wants to Party With Me.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H4UigVL1oQ
  • We're So Cool - Au Pairs
  • Sponsored links:

• Yo La Tengo - fade.
  • AA Bondy - I can see the pines are dancing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sURFD0vVQYo
  • In Love - Peace

Terrific new band ... influences of House of Love, Suede, The Cure ... even shades of Happy Mondays ... love it
  • Bravest Man In The Universe - Bobby Womack. And some live rarities by lost soul genius Lewis Taylor that a fan of his sorted me out with.
  • Bloodsports - Suede

So good to hear a new album by Suede ... and it's bloody good as well
  • Diversions Volume 3: Songs from the Shipyards - The Unthanks

yet another great album from this band
  • stonemuse said:

In Love - Peace

Terrific new band ... influences of House of Love, Suede, The Cure ... even shades of Happy Mondays ... love it

stonemuse...great band. If you haven't already heard it, the Delicious EP from last year is worth a listen. California Daze is a favourite.
  • J Dilla - Donuts
  • Gave Metal Church a bit of a go on the Ipod on the way home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fLN0Nypji8

I agree with the guy who commented that he isn't religious but this is the sort of church he'd go to on Sundays. Me too!
  • Ladytron. Been a while.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!