Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• Options
    Notes: from  San Francisco from Rory Gallagher........
    Blistering blues from Europe's best ever blues guitarist...... from the brand new double album just released.
    All this from just a '62 strat', a range master, and a 'vox amp' live.......
  • Options
    @ken from bexley

saw the review of this and wondered if you'd got it.  Silly question really : - )
  • Options
    Following his Meltdown performance I am struggling to listen to anything other than Nick Lowe
  • Options
    To Lose My Life - White Lies
  • Options
    CAFC Player ........to hear Chris Powell telling us about the entire new team he has signed today.
  • Options
    Genesis - Selling England By The Pound
  • Options
    Banjo or Freakout
  • Options

Post Historic Monsters - Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine

Stuff the Jubilee, superb! 

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Ry Cooder - "Into the Purple Valley" album.
  • Options
    people moaning?%~{>
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Genesis - Selling England By The Pound

classic.. battle of epping forest.. hahahaa

• Options

Post Historic Monsters - Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine

Stuff the Jubilee, superb! 

My boss put '30-Something' on this morning! A reet blast from the past!

My listenings today have, are & will be:

Juno - 'This is the way it goes & goes & goes'
    Chavez - 'Ride The Fader'
    Shiner - 'The Egg'
  • Options
    Placebo - Entire collection on random play
  • Options
    Ry Cooder - How Can A Poor Man Stand Such Times And Live
  • Options
    bile
  • Options
    Husker Du, Big Black, Dead Kennedys and Black Flag
  • Options
    War Babies - Hall & Oates. From 1974, loving it to bits, although Atlantic hated it so much, they chucked them off the label!

Produced and engineered by Todd Rundgren, who handles backing vocals and plays guitar throughout. Two members of his band Utopia are also on it, so Rundgren's influence is all over it. Which is probably why I like it so much. Because Todd is Godd.
  • Options
    Clayhill - Sunhouse and Ted Barnes
  • Options
    Just heard the programme The Twilight World of Syd Barrett on Radio 4 (sadly not available in iPlayer).  That's set me up for a bit of a Floyd Fest today.
    The program is available on the BBC site  http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b011plrs
  • Options
    Just heard the programme The Twilight World of Syd Barrett on Radio 4 (sadly not available in iPlayer).  That's set me up for a bit of a Floyd Fest today.
    The program is available on the BBC site  http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b011plrs
    Great programme to a man that was an inspiration to many, and a one of!.
    He could dabble in the pop world and stride the progressive rock scene like few others......
    I went to Camberwell art school in 66/67 when Syd was there,( well for a couple of hours) but I was a sixth former doing art at the Saturday morning art class, to  do still life drawing classes, but in all honesty I think i went there to
    chat up the woman!......
    Great character  from the time!, and so  so sad!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vini Reilly - what a great guitarist.
  • Options
    Spinal Tap
  • Options
    [quote] [cite] stig [/cite]Just heard the programme The Twilight World of Syd Barrett on Radio 4 (sadly not available in iPlayer).  That's set me up for a bit of a Floyd Fest today.
    Great programme to a man that was an inspiration to many, and a one of!.[/quote]
    [quote] [cite] Ken of Bexley [/cite]
    He could dabble in the pop world and stride the progressive rock scene like few others......
    I went to Camberwell art school in 66/67 when Syd was there,( well for a couple of hours) but I was a sixth former doing art at the Saturday morning art class, to  do still life drawing classes, but in all honesty I think i went there to
    chat up the woman!......
    Great character  from the time!, and so  so sad![quote]
    Very sad Ken, all the more so since his light only shone for a brief spell.
    One album of psychedelic magnificence and beautiful and touching evocations of childhood; not forgetting his gift for a great melody.
    Anybody who doesn't have a tear in their eye after listening to Matilda Mother didn't have a childhood.

I know there are Syd freaks who rave about the songs on Madcap and Barrett, but although there are flashes, to me they are basically demos by a man who had lost his vitality and spark and the focus to work them into a polished gem.
    "Inside me I feel, alone and unreal". Hear it and weep

And, See Emily Play is one of the top 5 records ever.

• Options
    Totally agree six.
    'Emily' is a brillant pop record, Syd could turn his hand to most things I always felt.
    If you look at the UFO club video it was at the other dimension.
    Looking back, as I often do these days........ he was essentially the essence of Floyd.
    I saw Floyd several times,( Hyde park/Earls court) and there music really was part of the soundtrack of my youth.
    Although I was a blues/guitar fanactic there were so many casualties that got swept aside during those late 60s/70s, or simply burnt too brightly.
    Good to see Syd remembered though.
  • Options
    Jeff Buckley. 
  • Options
    Spinal Tap
    LOL - I watched it last night too. Still one of my favourite ten films ever
  • Options
    Primus
  • Options
    Psychocandy - Jesus and Mary Chain
  • Options
    Jeff Buckley. 
    I personally prefer his dad. Heck, I even like his Starsailor album, which could scare small children.
  • Options
    Beyoncé and Kool and the Gang .. they are sooooo soooooo fab