Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• Options
    Kite - Kirsty MacColl
  • Options
    Fire of Freedom - Black 47
  • Options
    Shearwater - Palo Santo
  • Options
    Late Night Tales - Midlake
  • Options
    Le Noise - Neil Young
  • Options
    The BBC sessions - Belle and Sebastian
  • Options
    Aloe Blacc - Good things
  • Options
    Remote Control - The Tubes
  • Options
    Sbtrkt-SBTRKT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sbtrkt-SBTRKT
    Giving this a listen, so much more accessible then Burial which got the same kind of hype
  • Options
    Toploader - Dancing in the moonlight
  • Options
    Sbtrkt-SBTRKT
    Giving this a listen, so much more accessible then Burial which got the same kind of hype
    I'm enjoying it, liking Sampha's vocals on the tracks. Much more radio friendly than any of burials stuff, keeping your identity from music journalists seems to be the way forward... 
  • Options
    Bad Meets Evil - Hell the Sequel. Breathtaking technical ability from both.
  • Options
    The Castells
  • Options
    Beneath This Burning Shoreline - Cherry Ghost
  • Options
    Been playing live at the Albert Hall Jimi Hendrix 
    What a time this was with the Beatles playing there last concert on Apple HQ on 30th jan 69, The rolling stones filmed the Rock and roll circus pre Christmas, cream had disbanded,Elvis had started his comeback with his first concert for 7 years, Dylan was recording with Johnny Cash in Nashville, there was also The Whos Tommy,  Led zep with led zep, 
    Hendrix  who had plated the Lulu show on the 4th of Jan had banned live acts on the BBC with the outrageous happening, and so Hendrix took to the stage with a massive amp set up, a line of Marshalls, and a WEM amp overdrive unit for the effects peddles, that probably would have filled the hall in there own right!
    Dave Mason and Chris Wood from Traffic joined him on stage...... Hendrix finished the set on the 24th Feb, declaring you can either stay and clap or leave!, and smashed his guitar for the last time on a UK stage!
    Like every show he played it was a one-off , 40 years later the official dvd has still not been released, and this concert, along with the BOG a year later and Woodstock re-invented the sound of the guitar, which a million guitarists have tried to poorly imitate.
  • Options
    Lovely stuff Ken, and nice to see you still retain that sense of excitement and occasion all these years later.
  • Options
    The Green Manalishi  (with the two-prong crown) - Fleetwood Mac

Trying to put-off listening to Todd Rundgren (Damn that Hawksmoor and his silver tongue)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2011
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/52647217@N00/5786249709/in/photostream
    My 'doodle' to  Mr Green......that is him playing the Manalishi' from a bbc grab that I photoshopped
    Once saw him with Saga Lout on his 'comeback ' splinter group......at Catford
    Peter apparently went very 'strange' after the Green Manalishi, I always thought the group were something rather special.
  • Options
    The Baseball Project 'Frozen Ropes and Dying Quails'. Those of you with an interest in the game might get a kick out of it.
  • Options
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/52647217@N00/5786249709/in/photostream
    My 'doodle' to  Mr Green......that is him playing the Manalishi' from a bbc grab that I photoshopped
    Once saw him with Saga Lout on his 'comeback ' splinter group......at Catford
    Peter apparently went very 'strange' after the Green Manalishi, I always thought the group were something rather special.

Strange indeed Ken; gave away his money and stayed indoors getting very fat; never washing and never cutting his fingernails.
    Another so called "acid casualty"? More likely an undiagnosed mental illness.
    I'm glad he sort of came through it reasonably intact, although last time I heard him interviewed he still sounded edgy and fragile
  • Options
    Yes that band did have a passion for casualties, Kirwin, Spencer, Green...... seemed to be just the start......
    Although the band went on to sell mega albums, the essence of what they played blues, and a form of English inspired blues  such as  John  Mayall  focussed on took a side road to 'soft rock', 
    Hugely popular, some great songs, but not quiet my cup of tea...... too sweet
  • Options
    Once Upon a Time - Siouxsie and the Banshees
  • Options
    The sound of my own smug voice as I tell mates that we have signed more new players over last few days
  • Options
    Computers and Blues - The Streets
  • Options
    Let England Shake - PJ Harvey
  • Options
    Another Live by Utopia
  • Options
    the legion sessions - great lake swimmers