Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Late on the Billie Eilish train but now very much enjoying it
     https://youtu.be/DyDfgMOUjCI
  • Options
    My Mind Makes Noises ... Pale Waves

On at high volume, love this band. 
  • Options
    Only just stumbled up on a little known band called Sparks. 
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    They're electric
  • Options
    Had Radio X on most of the day. Good music, but so limited. It feels the Fairy Tale of New York was every other track. In between that it was a constant stream of stuff by one Gallager or another.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    FFS

;) 
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    New Single 
    https://youtu.be/8Givls9BUhc
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Girl from the North Country - Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash

This is so good.
    Check out the Lions version which I frigging love. 
  • Options
    Empathy Test = Bare My Sole 

https://youtu.be/5QmPvLUdooY
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phil Spector - a Christmas Gift For You. Timeless classic
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Stig said:
    1StevieG said:
    FFS

;) 
    Am I bit late to the party? I have got Amateur Hour stuck like an Alabama tick in my ear hole.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Stig said:
    1StevieG said:
    FFS

;) 
    Am I bit late to the party? I have got Amateur Hour stuck like an Alabama tick in my ear hole.
    Nothing wrong with being late to the Party and they are a great band.

Just in case you didn't know, FFS was the cleverly titled supergroup created when Franz Ferdinand and Sparks did a collaboration., 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Blackbird, The Beatles Album - Milos
    They must have been on something good when they wrote the blackbird track. 
  • Options
    TR/ST - Destroyer 1
  • Options
    1977 The Year Punk Broke - 3 discs of great memories, so many bands that I saw in bars, pubs, clubs and venues in and around London - Buzzcocks, Stranglers, Damned, Vibrators, Boys, Jam, Heartbreakers, Eater, Only Ones, Models, Motörhead, Cock Sparrer, Blitzkrieg Bop, Killjoys, Johnny Moped, Rezillos, Wreckless Eric, Slaughter and the Dogs, Gen X, Sham 69, Tom Robinson Band, 999, Lurkers, Menace, John Cooper Clarke, Wasps, ATV, Eddie and the Hot Rods, Chelsea, Cortinas ... and that’s just the ones from the album that I saw that year, so many other tracks as well, 87 in total. 

Not every track is great, but that’s not the point.  It was time of pivotal musical change and had an impact on me (and many others) that has lasted my entire life. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Of Course it must be ...

https://youtu.be/3GwjfUFyY6M
  • Options
    Wife bought the new WHO album, on the  whole it's not to bad all things considered. 
  • Options
    More nice white shoes ..
    https://youtu.be/Z8RdWlMQRxE
  • Options
    More nice white shoes ..
    https://youtu.be/Z8RdWlMQRxE
    My favourite bit in that was when the guy in white socks and sandals was playing four consecutive 16th notes on the bass drum, but playing HEEL DOWN. (Spoilers: drummer talk.)
  • Options
    Hold on. That screen grab for the video. Was it is hand pretending to be his right foot?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    stonemuse said:
    1977 The Year Punk Broke - 3 discs of great memories, so many bands that I saw in bars, pubs, clubs and venues in and around London - Buzzcocks, Stranglers, Damned, Vibrators, Boys, Jam, Heartbreakers, Eater, Only Ones, Models, Motörhead, Cock Sparrer, Blitzkrieg Bop, Killjoys, Johnny Moped, Rezillos, Wreckless Eric, Slaughter and the Dogs, Gen X, Sham 69, Tom Robinson Band, 999, Lurkers, Menace, John Cooper Clarke, Wasps, ATV, Eddie and the Hot Rods, Chelsea, Cortinas ... and that’s just the ones from the album that I saw that year, so many other tracks as well, 87 in total. 

Not every track is great, but that’s not the point.  It was time of pivotal musical change and had an impact on me (and many others) that has lasted my entire life. 
    Great stuff @stonemuse
    Have turned my daughter on to a lot of those bands and tried to educate her about the times and context.
    The impact of punk was seismic, because as we know it was more than just music, it was political at a time of economic and social deprivation - before it all inevitably turned into another marketing commodity.
    I always considered myself lucky to be of an age that was old enough to be part of the Beatles/Stones/Kinks era, but young enough to embrace the punk revolution.

Edit - Lucky you to have seen so many of those bands
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Great stuff @stonemuse
    Have turned my daughter on to a lot of those bands and tried to educate her about the times and context.
    The impact of punk was seismic, because as we know it was more than just music, it was political at a time of economic and social deprivation - before it all inevitably turned into another marketing commodity.
    I always considered myself lucky to be of an age that was old enough to be part of the Beatles/Stones/Kinks era, but young enough to embrace the punk revolution.

Not as impressive as when my kids will be asking me about my britpop days "well, I saw Geneva and Marion..."
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Great stuff @stonemuse

It was a great few years from 76-79, you could go to 3-4 gigs a week, many of them free or low-price. 

The Roxy, in its limited lifespan, had 5 or 6 bands a night. 

Only problem was the lack of venues in South East London. There were a few but most of my time was spent in Camden, Islington, and the West End. Although there were a few good places in East London. 

You are right, punk was seismic ... it changed everything. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    The one on the left looks like he's terrified but the other finger snapping one is a real cool dude, not!

https://youtu.be/gQSncOYk-Cs