Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

David Mooney signs

Comments

• wouldn't need an emergency loan if we hadn't sent TWO of our strikers out on loan ourselves..........

p**s up's in a brewery's come to mind !!
  • Mooney? Can't imagine a chant for a name like that.

"We saw the goal of the Moon"

?

*gets coat*
  • Hindsight is a wonderful thing Golfie
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]thats a long way to go for your lunch large?

que ?
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]wouldn't need an emergency loan if we hadn't sent TWO of our strikers out on loan ourselves..........

LOL! pretty fair assessment though

add to it signing McKenzie who half the forum seemed to know would spend most of his time here on the treatment table...
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]wouldn't need an emergency loan if we hadn't sent TWO of our strikers out on loan ourselves..........

Shall we wait to see if he's any good before donning sack cloth and ashes?
  • As long as he waves to the crowd i'm happy.

Mooney
    Mooney
  • not hindsight WSS, just saying what a lot of posters have been saying for a few weeks now.

BTW - who really thinks that Mooney will score more goals for us by Dec 1st than Dicko does for Brizzle Rovers ? I don't for starters.

I'd say Dicko will get another 4 or 5 by then and Mooney 1 or 2 (remember the lad from Sunderland ?)
  • Didn't you say that Burton would never score goals.

We have some injuries so we get someone in on loan. Makes perfect sense to me.

We're having a good season and playing well even when we aren't winning, crowds are far higher than were predicted and we haven't sold any stars as was widely expected by all the doom mongers.

Yet we are still not allowed to enjoy ourselves. Everything is bad, any decision is wrong or a piss up in a brewery, disaster awaits around every corner and every silver lining has a cloud.
  • Seems like a nice little loan signing to me. And as for Dickson, well the further him and the chip on his shoulder are from SE7 the better.
  • Sponsored links:

• great start to the season......6 wins on the trot, unchanged team, goals a plenty.

1 player (Semedo) gets injured & I (Burton) carries an injury for a few games........1 win in six, no goals in the last 3 games.

Co-incidence ???
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]Seems like a nice little loan signing to me. And as for Dickson, well the further him and the chip on his shoulder are from SE7 the better.[/quote]

The further a 25 goal a season striker is from the Valley the better! his 10 in 13 record over a whole season will add up to over 20 whereas nothing against Mooney but our loan record is abysmal and I cannot see him scoring as many as Dickson
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]Seems like a nice little loan signing to me. And as for Dickson, well the further him and the chip on his shoulder are from SE7 the better.

The further a 25 goal a season striker is from the Valley the better! his 10 in 13 record over a whole season will add up to over 20 whereas nothing against Mooney but our loan record is abysmal and I cannot see him scoring as many as Dickson

Chris Dickson will not score 25 goals this season. I think the sooner people realise he aint gonna be a Charlton 1st team player the better.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]
    1 player (Semedo) gets injured & I (Burton) carries an injury for a few games........1 win in six, no goals in the last 3 games.

Co-incidence ???

And suddennly you have sarted posting on here much more regularly again.

Co-incidence?
  • Well said Off it.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]great start to the season......6 wins on the trot, unchanged team, goals a plenty.

Co-incidence ???

What a load of guff !

In the last 6 games we have played the best 3 teams away from home Leeds , Norwich and Colchester and we may not have won, but we didn't lose two of them.

The 3 homes games, we beat Exeter and drew with Soton who would be 11th without the points deduction and are rising and Oldham who are 9th. (We were also unlucky not to win them games.)

I'd agree that we have been affected by Semedo and Burton's injuries, but the main factor IMO is the opposition that we have played.
  • There has been a 36% increase in groanaddicks postings over the last 6 games compared to the previous 6.

AFKA, you may want to add this to your Statbank.
  • It doesn't matter how many goals Dicko scores for brizzle rovers - It's how many he scores in a Charlton team playing our kind of football that is more the question.

We have only loaned Mooney due to injuries - let's not get carried away that we are witnessing some unholy incarnation of the Pardew years, eh?

As has been said, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Let's just see how the lad gets on shall we?

Welcome to Charlton, Mr Mooney. I think a good nickname for you would be 'the Rev'. Hope you like it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2009
    no striker at our club or on loan from our club will score 15 league goals this season , they aren't good enough goal machines imo
    this fella wont be any worse than what we have in the goalscoring department
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]great start to the season......6 wins on the trot, unchanged team, goals a plenty.

Co-incidence ???

In the last 6 games we have played the best 3 teams away from home Leeds , Norwich and Colchester and we may not have won, but we didn't lose two of them.

The 3 homes games, we beat Exeter and drew with Soton who would be 11th without the points deduction and are rising and Oldham who are 9th. (We were also unlucky not to win them games.)

and when anyone pointed out that we had an easy start to the season they were soon shot down for pointing out that FACT ..... we did have an easy start to the season and we've come unstuck when we have played the better teams in the league but at the moment we're still second ...just cos people are nervous of our excellent start doesn't mean they're not happy with it , maybe it's the fear of a false dawn that might be keeping them from declaring WE'RE GOING UP AS FARKING CHAMPIONS.....................
  • but it wasn't seen as an easy start at the time.

People were saying before every one of those six wins that this would be harder than the last and be a real test for the team and parky.

It was only after we won that suddenly those teams were total rubbish and we should have won by twice the score.
  • Mooney is 6' tall, good in the air with a good touch, says Large's legendary cafe owner.
    Well if that's the case, he's been signed to replicate much of Burton's game.

Looks like the decision has been made to sort out Burton's hernia sooner rather than later.
    And not directly related to McKenzie's setback.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Mooney is 6' tall, good in the air with a good touch, says Large's legendary cafe owner.
    Well if that's the case, he's been signed to replicate much of Burton's game.

Looks like the decision has been made to sort out Burton's hernia sooner rather than later.
    And not directly related to McKenzie's setback.

but we hear that Burton is going to continue playing through it unless of course he isn't and we are keeping that up our sleeve to fool Mr Clark ;-)))
  • Interesting loan signing this one. Here's hoping he bangs in a few goals in the next 7 League games.

Just looked up when Dickson went on loan to Rovers. 17th September, which if my maths is right, means that is now 30 days. Was there not a 28 day recall doing? Appears that would be his lot then. Get a fair fee for him in Jan and look to spend it wisely.
  • We obviously don't want him back then!
  • Should be a decent signing at this level, it was clear we could have done with another option, even more so with McKenzie struggling again.

Seems it is the end for Dickson, I'm not too bothered, like with Yassin, there are obviously reasons other than football as to why he's not had many chances.
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]
    Just looked up when Dickson went on loan to Rovers. 17th September, which if my maths is right, means that is now 30 days. Was there not a 28 day recall doing? Appears that would be his lot then. Get a fair fee for him in Jan

can't see us getting much more than 100k for him
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]can't see us getting much more than 100k for him
    Don't disagree with that, contracts up in the summer, he won't want to stay here, simply not going to be worth a lot.