Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

David Mooney signs

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
...from Reading on a short loan

Comments

• Ok I will be the first to say it, what about Dickson?
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Ok I will be the first to say it, what about Dickson?

...that's the final nail in his coffin I from a CAFC point of view I'd have thought !
  • Me too, what a shame! Still Mooney scored a couple of nice goals for Norwich last season in the champ so who knows he could be a success. Pity about McKenzie but can't say I am surprised with his previous injury record
  • WSSWSS
    edited October 2009
    "Emergency Loan"

Really? Burton, Dickson, Tuna, McLeod, McKenzie.

Hardly have no strikers do we (and thats not including Fleetwood and Dickson on loan)?

Interested to hear about the Leon "setback".
  • proves, once and for all, that Leon MacKenzie is NOT injury prone as has been previously suggested.
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Ok I will be the first to say it, what about Dickson?

can't recall him in the first 28 days of loan, maybe the reason. Will Burton carrying a knock it makes perfect sense to me.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]"Emergency Loan"

Really? Burton, Dickson, Tuna, McLeod, McKenzie.

Hardly have no strikers do we (and thats not including Fleetwood and Dickson on loan)?

Interested to hear about the Leon "setback".

Dickson can't be recalled (yet), McKenzie injured, Burton carrying hernia, Tuna not yet ready, and then McLeod whom most were giving pelters last week. Can't agree that we are top heavy on strikers .....
  • Maybe not in ability Large but I thought emergency loans were only applicable when you have no players at all (like all of your goalkeepers are injured and you need to play an 14 year old).

Probably more of a question of "what is an emergency loan?"
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Maybe not in ability Large but I thought emergency loans were only applicable when you have no players at all (like all of your goalkeepers are injured and you need to play an 14 year old).

Probably more of a question of "what is an emergency loan?"

emergency loan covers short term loans as well
  • edited October 2009
    Yet again the OS scoops the world to be the first with the news.

All hail the OS ; -)

Sounds like a good player and one's whose fit not coming back from an injury.

Will be Addick 695 if he plays.

Mooney? Can't imagine a chant for a name like that.

Emergency loans are a nice way to get around the loan rules and are used all the time despite clubs have plenty of other fit players.
  • I thought we could do loans of 1 or 3 months down here with the deadbeats?
  • Sponsored links:

• So what do we know about him ? Never heard of him
  • Irish

Played for Cork and Shamrock Rovers

Scored on loan for Norwich last year and played 90 mins in the last game of the season.

6ft tall.

• Praise the lord, normal service is resumed!!!

The first this season's 10+ loan players arrives ;-(
  • when will people understnad that dickson does not suit our style of play he has done well at teams that play direct football. look at him when he was at gillingham scored goals goes to a team that likes to play football and not go long like crew and he is usless. he then goes to bristol who play long ball and he scores. you have to understand our style of play will not change and he will not fit in
    and our other forwards tuna to young mekenzie injured all the time, burton injured, so we are left with mccloud so i do think we need another forward.
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Mooney

Played the whole game against us last game of the season at Norwich where he scored 3 in 9 in his loan period.
  • I think he has the potential to be a bit of a cult signing for us........
  • he can't get into readings struggling side so he can't be all that or can he
  • [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]I think he has the potential to be a bit of a cult signing for us........

Very good

Hopefully he can help with the unification of the squad
  • He claimed the impressive away support this season was one of the main factor's in choosing Se7
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]He claimed the impressive away support this season was one of the main factor's in choosing Se7
    Choosing us over who?!
  • Sponsored links:

• and the most telling factor in his decision to arrive in se7 was how accurate the fans were in their 'guess the crowd' predictions
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]I think he has the potential to be a bit of a cult signing for us........

Very good

Hopefully he can help with the unification of the squad

"On me 'ead, Sun"
  • edited October 2009
    scored twice against Burton earlier in the season in the League Cup

am speaking to the Thames Barrier Cafe owner later whose son, Jem Karacan, plays in the Reading first team so I'll see what he knows about Mooney and what he is like.
  • Why was Deon in goal?
  • Rush goalie in the league cup innit
  • [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Rush goalie in the league cup innit

monkey goalie in the JPT
  • I must've missed this but what's happened to McKenzie now? Is he injured again?
  • cafe owner says Mooney is good in the air, fairly pacy and has a decent touch. Nice young lad apparently.
  • thats a long way to go for your lunch large?
  • yes Mckenzie has had a "set back" in training. FFS.