Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Curry

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]Vindaloo tonight for the girlfriend i think. She's been having contractions since tuesday evening so I think its time for the cuury trick!
    Lol good luck SE9
  • Options
    Lol good luck SE9[/quote]
    Cheers, shes not due to the 27th, so when she started on tues the first thing she said ' I know how you mind is working, so if i do have the baby today you are still not going Norwich!' She knows me to well. lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Am a big Dopiaza fan myself as I like onions.

As a side note if you are into cooking & you want to recreate traditional British Indian curries at home - which us ex-pats need to do - the following website has amazing recipes, i can now make exact replicas of almost any traditional British Indian restaurant dish including all the sides like naans, bhajis & even the little suaces that you dip yr popadoms into!!

Make your own restaurant curries!

Thanks O, great link
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Chicken Xacuti

What is a Xacuti?
    [cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]Vindaloo tonight for the girlfriend i think. She's been having contractions since tuesday evening so I think its time for the curry trick!

Good luck SE9.

Thanks everyone, LookOut and I are having rubies with other halves tonight - it first reminded me I have to send Mrs LookOut the order and secondly what I am going to choose.
  • Options
    Think we should have a Charlton Life Curry night....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]Lol good luck SE9
    Cheers, shes not due to the 27th, so when she started on tues the first thing she said ' I know how you mind is working, so if i do have the baby today you are still not going Norwich!' She knows me to well. lol[/quote]
    Well done SE9,my daughter is eleven 2mo and i missed the game away to Liverpool all them years ago!and we got a draw!she was born at 8.40pm and i gave her first bot!
    Was so transfixed and made last orders to my local where my mates were and Charlton Drawing that day Sept 19th 1998 is a day i will take to my grave.
  • Options
    I love a bit of channa masala as a side dish. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ................
  • Options
    It is a Goan dish fooking delicious not Hot at all a bit warmer than a Bhuna
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]Lol good luck SE9
    Cheers, shes not due to the 27th, so when she started on tues the first thing she said ' I know how you mind is working, so if i do have the baby today you are still not going Norwich!' She knows me to well. lol[/quote]

Make it a hot spicy one and if that dont work you will have to try the other well practiced deed.
    Good luck to both of you and the new Addick.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Starter,
    King Prawn Viceroy,it consists of mild king prawns with crisp straw potatoes.

Main,
    Nepali Murg,Chicken cooked in ginger with delicate spices,with a mushroom rice and a Tamo nan with onion yuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm

Gay.

No real man orders ant starters other than 42 poppadums and plenty of dips !

Like you tav, the missus is away tomorrow and I got the offer tonight of a curry tomorrow with a couple of mates. And their partners........

Gooseberry curry is one I'm not that keen to try !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Starter,
    King Prawn Viceroy,it consists of mild king prawns with crisp straw potatoes.

Main,
    Nepali Murg,Chicken cooked in ginger with delicate spices,with a mushroom rice and a Tamo nan with onion yuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm

Gay.

No real man orders ant starters other than 42 poppadums and plenty of dips !

Like you tav, the missus is away tomorrow and I got the offer tonight of a curry tomorrow with a couple of mates. And their partners........

Gooseberry curry is one I'm not that keen to try !
    lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i Have a 20k to run next week AFKA
  • Options
    Usually like something fairly hot but a Lamb Passanda makes a change with some side
    dishes. Or as a former boss of mine used to say

"Oi Abdul 10 big crisps and loads of mango gunk"

Probably had his meal spat in every time....
  • Options
    Chicken Tikka Massala, Bombay Aloo, Plain Rice and a Peshwari Nan from the Bexleyheath tandoori.....only have to call and give my address....best indian takeaway I've ever had (and I've had a few!)
  • Options
    Dhansak dhansak dhansak

Lamb dhansak has the best balance of flavour, heat and spice. Forget the rice, just a lamb dhansak, naan to scoop it up with, and onion bhaji on the side. Perfect!
  • Options
    Lamb Koriah (not sure about spelling) absolutely delicious. In fact i might order one now
  • Options
    Just had myself a great king prawn madras from some place in Crayford. B-E-A-UTIFUL!!
  • Options
    After the southend game we should all go to Basildon, There is a very big Indian resturant there and the food is superb, sometimes have live acts on too and its about 15 minutes from the ground
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]One for any Curry connoisseurs on here.

Having a take away and I would usually go for a korma but I fancy something different tonight.

Can anyone recommend a curry that has a bit of a kick to it but isn't going to blow my head off!

Ta.

Sorry but korma isn't a curry. It's meat in a watery coconut sauce...

Get a good vindaloo or phal down your neck
  • Options
    you probably get both down your neck in one meal you fat fecker ;-) gotta agree korma = poof
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]After the southend game we should all go to Basildon, There is a very big Indian resturant there and the food is superb, sometimes have live acts on too and its about 15 minutes from the ground

Basildon? Are you mad?

A fella I used to work with lived in "The Vange". I used to tell him that was a veneral disease, not a place name.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]After the southend game we should all go to Basildon, There is a very big Indian resturant there and the food is superb, sometimes have live acts on too and its about 15 minutes from the ground

Basildon? Are you mad?

A fella I used to work with lived in "The Vange". I used to tell him that was a veneral disease, not a place name.

Vange must be one of the worst places in Britain. Its the absolute pits. This restaurant isn't in a buit up area so you dont get all the muppets from that estate there
  • Options
    Had a lovely Chicken Balti Daal last night - can recommend Shobab in Whitstable to anyone who lives my way!
  • Options

Wositcalled unc?
  • Options
    Asia Spice
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Asia Spice
    Isn't that a channel on sky?
  • Options
    Just had the best curry ever.

Not local for you, but the BEST EVER......

And i have had a few!!!

http://www.theroadmakerinn.co.uk/
  • Options
    I just had a good curry(by aussie standards) .....

do you guys ever get the "i will not let this curry beat me" syndrome....

where even though you obviously have WAY too much food(ie stuffed paratta,popodums,nan breads, massive f7ck off curry) and its mega hot.... and theres that last 1/8 and your already ready to buurst but you wont let it go.....

thats me that is...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Asia Spice

Bas Vegas after?
  • Options
    In heat terms, Jal Frezei is a good one as you can chop up the green chillies and mix them in to whatever degree of heat you want. If you overdo it, it's actually no use drinking lager to cool off, natural yogurt or raitha as the insiders call it will do the trick. However I still try the lager first...

Of course the underlying sauce varies from place to place,and even the side dishes can catch you out - I was in a place in Nottingham where the Bombay potatoes had been dipped in molten lava, never mind the curry!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AppyAddick[/cite]Just had the best curry ever.

Not local for you, but the BEST EVER......

And i have had a few!!!

http://www.theroadmakerinn.co.uk/

But what did you ave, Appy?