Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Disallowed Palace Goal

Comments

• Options
    Why didn't the ref book the palace player for simulation.Celebrating a "goal" that isn't is as bad as diving.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Why didn't the ref book the palace player for simulation.Celebrating a "goal" that isn't is as bad as diving.

There's some people here on a roll.......ha ha ha!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Why didn't the ref book the palace player for simulation.Celebrating a "goal" that isn't is as bad as diving.[/quote]

I don't think it's fair too book the Palace player for "simulation", I think time wasting would be more appropriate.
  • Options
    was a crap decision, but i loved it! so therefore correct decision lol

How i lauged at Mr warnock & Jodan's reactions lmao

Lets hope they will go down this year when we go up as i expect
  • Options
    The referee has been dropped from officiating in mid week. Presumably he will be given a game in a week or two's time, which beggars the question why drop him, do they think his eye sight will improve over a couple of weeks. If it had been a malicious eror than discipline him, but it was an honest mistake, so take him through what he did wrong and send him back out again.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    As someone said earlier, if the ref wasn't actually able to see it (it was a crowded goalmouth remember) then he needs assistance from his Assistant - or perhaps even more definitively from the 4th Official on the touchline,

The ref is wired up to the other officials, so it defies logic that if they are already using technology to communicate, why this cannot be extended to a 4th Official dugout TV monitor or microchip device.

It's the 21st century for chrissakes - wake up FA !!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]The referee has been dropped from officiating in mid week. Presumably he will be given a game in a week or two's time, which beggars the question why drop him, do they think his eye sight will improve over a couple of weeks. If it had been a malicious eror than discipline him, but it was an honest mistake, so take him through what he did wrong and send him back out again.[/quote]

Why drop him? I think he'll be reffing in the Ryman's League for a few weeks, joking aside it was a crap decision and the Football League must have plenty of linesmen and other referees to choose from, you can't reward incompetence by allowing him to officiate at another high-profile game just yet.
  • Options
    [stolen from an Orient message board]

Neil Warnock is taking legal advice on the possibility of suing West Ham because of the failings of officials to notice a legitimate goal in Saturday's game between Crystal Palace and Bristol Rovers.

It seems that had West Ham not signed Carlos Tevez and finished the 2006/07 season with a run that took them out of the relegation zone thanks to his goals, then the goal in question on the 16th August would never have been disallowed.

He said "If I hadn't got relegated with Sheffield United, then I might not have ended up at Crystal Palace, so I wouldn't have been managing the team, so they would have played in a slightly different way, and so wouldn't have scored that exact goal, at that exact time. Due to the freakish nature of the referee's mistake, it is fair to say that no other goal would have been disallowed in that game, so it is clearly West Ham's fault".

West Ham have agreed to pay £16 million damages to Crystal Palace and Sheffield United, and have also set up a standing order to every other football league club for £100,000 per month, just to get ahead of themselves for when Warnock eventually takes up a new position and finds another way to blame the Hammers, using his unique take on Chaos theory, in which Carlos Tevez is a butterfly flapping his wings, and the root cause of everything that happens to Neil Warnock ever.
  • Options
    I'm just pleased to see that that the 4 officials have all been suspended.

Apparently before they are allowed to return to the professional game, they will have to referee in division 3, before they are allowed to return to the major leagues again.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]I'm just pleased to see that that the 4 officials have all been suspended.

Apparently before they are allowed to return to the professional game, they will have to referee in division 3, before they are allowed to return to the major leagues again.[/quote]

A bit harsh to suspend all four - did the referee consult the fourth official and the other linesman? If not then why are they being held responsible? The screw-up rests with the referee and the linesman in that half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Er, they haven't all been suspended BFR. Budgie is on a wind-up about "division 3" and "the major leagues". The ref and one linesman have been taken off their midweek games, that's all so far.
  • Options
    tbf, I did think all four had been suspended, thats what the original reports had stated.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]The referee has been dropped from officiating in mid week. Presumably he will be given a game in a week or two's time, which beggars the question why drop him, do they think his eye sight will improve over a couple of weeks. If it had been a malicious eror than discipline him, but it was an honest mistake, so take him through what he did wrong and send him back out again.

Absolutely nothing to do with it, I'm taking him and his wife out for a slap up meal as a thank you, and I can only make mid week ;)
  • Options
    Two points about the Brizzle/Palarse game:

1. Bristol City's Paul Hartley had a perfectly good "goal" disallowed for off-side. Had both, wrongly-disallowed "goals" been given, the result would have been the same (except 2-1 instead of 1-0).

2. If Colin and his crew hadn't petulantly bleated for so long, the referee wouldn't have had to allow so much injury time. And therefore City wouldn't have had time to score their winner.

Justice was clearly seen to be done.
  • Options
    i have to admit, i'm sympathetic to palace on this one...its bang out of order that in this day and age that a goal like that is missed by all and that the opposition actually cheated in that way by not bringing it to the referees attention...there, isn't it much more funny when you see it from the palace point of view ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: letthegoodtimesroll[/cite]i have to admit, i'm sympathetic to palace on this one...its bang out of order that in this day and age that a goal like that is missed by all and that the opposition actually cheated in that way by not bringing it to the referees attention...there, isn't it much more funny when you see it from the palace point of view ?
    I like your thought process. Let me have a go:

A 1-0 win away to Bistol City would have been a really good result. City are in a play-off position so not many teams will be expected to go there and win. Under those circumstances it's absolutely dreadful that a perfectly good goal is disallowed. Palace have had one striker break down already this season, and, as they are under a transfer embargo, have to rely on loans. And it was a loan player who nearly grabbed three points for the plucky Londoners. Dreadful, unfair decision.

You're right: it seems even funnier now!
  • Options
    i think they can moan all they want but was the score not 0-0 at the time, so how they can blame that on the lose? they could of easily picked up there game and won on there own, still time to do it and they have themselves to blame for bristols goal

i spoke to palace fan earlier(cousin) who was screwing and going as far to say if we go down becos of this, i was like you have played 2 games if you do go down its becos the other 44 games

fair enough bad decision but like budgie get on with it, theres no point dwelling on it otherwise would do more harm then good
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    i spoke to palace fan earlier(cousin) who was screwing

Christ, and he was still moaning about that "goal" lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    i spoke to palace fan earlier(cousin) who was screwing

Christ, and he was still moaning about that "goal" lol

tell me about it, altho i did rub it in every minute from then. suprised he still talks to me lol
  • Options
    All i can say is that (non goal) just capped off a great weekend. I hate Warnock with a passion. I just watch it everytime i need a laugh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Budgie Lol......

(shakes head)
  • Options
    However much I hate Warnock it does make me feel stronger about goaline technology. But hey it was funny listning to SJ on SSN branding BC as cheats, wat a wanker.
  • Options
    We dont even need cameras... and holding up the game and all that jazz...

you can have a chip in the ball and laser, like a car alarm... it would be easy... if it breaks past the line thats it...

to binary perfection....

done
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]We dont even need cameras... and holding up the game and all that jazz...

you can have a chip in the ball and laser, like a car alarm... it would be easy... if it breaks past the line thats it...

to binary perfection....

done

Yes but then the Palace goal would have been given and we wouldn't be talking about it now... See its not all about technology sometimes mistakes are good .. I've had such a laugh over that one
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]We dont even need cameras... and holding up the game and all that jazz...

to binary perfection....

done

Yes but then the Palace goal would have been given and we wouldn't be talking about it now... See its not all about technology sometimes mistakes are good .. I've had such a laugh over that one

Agree with uncle.......... until it happens to us of course ;o)
  • Options
    haha...

fair enough...

Who wants perfection anyway!!!

Up the workers!!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I was actually down in Bristol over the weekend and drove past a pub with a load of Palace outside about an hour after the whistle (the Mother-in-Law lives about 10mins from Ashton Gate).......... My word how the sour faces made me laugh.

Sang a little ditty called "Who the f**k is laughing now" to myself.......

Having said all that..... It was a shocking decision by the ref I agree and reminds me of the types of events that seemed to go against us last season. Play well and got robbed. Its the difference between safety and relegation.
  • Options
    There is no way that anybody with basic competence (or who isn't cheating) could've missed it. If they really thought it was a goal kick what did they think caused to ball to ping back onto the park? And just check the City players. The ref and lino should be done with the game. If they're allowed to continue we'll get another Atwell style circus.

However, Colin is cheeky. He's a man with so much love for fairness that he once instructed his team to get sent off in an effort to get a game abandoned (vs West Brom, I think). He's also conveniently forgotten that the idiots managed to chalk off an obviously good Bristol goal, too. It does however bring in some interesting questions. Hopefully they'll think about some more technology soon. That situation would have been cleared up quicker, and correctly, with a camera.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]There is no way that anybody with basic competence (or who isn't cheating) could've missed it. If they really thought it was a goal kick what did they think caused to ball to ping back onto the park? And just check the City players. The ref and lino should be done with the game. If they're allowed to continue we'll get another Atwell style circus.

However, Colin is cheeky. He's a man with so much love for fairness that he once instructed his team to get sent off in an effort to get a game abandoned (vs West Brom, I think). He's also conveniently forgotten that the idiots managed to chalk off an obviously good Bristol goal, too. It does however bring in some interesting questions. Hopefully they'll think about some more technology soon. That situation would have been cleared up quicker, and correctly, with a camera.
    I don't agree that a camera will necessarily clear up that kind of incident, simply because the ball is not dead until it crosses the line. And if it crosses the line, it's a goal.

In other words, when do they decide to stop the game to decide whether the ball's dead?
  • Options
    i thought sears 'goal' should not have counted cos his foot was up and that's dangerous play......
    does anyone know if it was macarthorse who set up bristol city's winner??