Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Disallowed Palace Goal

Comments

• Options
    During his time at Palace, Allen "scored" one of the most controversial disallowed goals of all-time. During Palace's 3-1 away defeat to Coventry City, on 6 September 1980, Allen, who had already scored earlier in the game, was fouled just outside the Coventry penalty area. Allen took the free-kick himself, which thumped against the right-hand stanchion inside the goal (from Allen's view), then appeared to hit the net, before coming back out again. After much arguing and consulting with his linesman, the referee decided that the goal did not count, and this counted towards a season of misery for Palace, in which they were eventually relegated.

Hope history repeats itself.
  • Options
    Saw a phone interview on SSN with the City chief exec dude, made me laugh when he said ' well them 2 are always moaning about something, that Simon Johnson and Neil Warnock!! '

Made me laugh just to rub it in smarmy orange Simeys face he cant even say his name right!! lol

Total injustice tho, how they didnt give the goal i dont know, funny tho, couldnt of happened to a nicer bunch!! hahahaha
  • Options
    I have seen that on a question of sport whne I was a nipper.....

very funny indeeeeed
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]link that works abroad?????

(im asking too much aernt i)[/quote]

lol think you are.
    If you search google there is a programme which you can download to let you watch bbc i player abroad.
  • Options
    To be fair, I thought it was a goal.

Colin's behaviour after the game and what he said in the interview was a disgrace though.

Find some class man.
  • Options
    There's no question whatsoever it was a goal SE10Addick... that's what makes it even funnier! (that and Brizzle's last minute winner)

Hahahaha
  • Options
    they said clive allens 'non goal' was 30 years ago .... i feel really old....

did the magnificent paddy mccarthorse get the assist for bristol's winner ....
  • Options
    did he suggest he was "legged over"

lol
  • Options
    I'm actually quite positive about yesterday, we were worth at least a point, and are actually looking much better than I expected.

Sure it was a goal and we were robbed.

Life goes on......and I think this will provide extra motivation for a group of lads who clearly have a good team spirit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]I'm actually quite positive about yesterday, we were worth at least a point, and are actually looking much better than I expected.

Life goes on......and I think this will provide extra motivation for a group of lads who clearly have a good team spirit.

Well lets hope not ;0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]I'm actually quite positive about yesterday, we were worth at least a point, and are actually looking much better than I expected.

Now come on SOS, don't go raining on our parade.
    We shall just have to hope that Moses and Clyne are nabbed before August 31st. ;-)
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywdYMsYfJg0&feature=popular
  • Options
    Ref has apologised and not sure if I heard it right but did they say they would review the decision?
  • Options
    No way , cant award the goal now. something they will just have to live with.
    Start changing results after games for this and there will be teams trying to get results changes every week.
    Would be mayhem
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]

Now come on SOS, don't go raining on our parade.
    We shall just have to hope that Moses and Clyne are nabbed before August 31st. ;-)

As long as the deal is right, i'll be fine with them going..........we need the money! ;-)
  • Options
    come on SOS.... I know you have to think up what we dont want to here mate, but you must be spitting.... or in the same way you dont care about us, you also dont care if you get robbed a goal????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]come on SOS.... I know you have to think up what we dont want to here mate, but you must be spitting.... or in the same way you dont care about us, you also dont care if you get robbed a goal????

Believe me Mascot, I care alright, having travelled to brizzle to see us robbed, I was fooking furious. If we get relegated by a point then I may upgrade my level of outrage.
  • Options
    Just looking at that.....

That is an awful miss.....(by the officials)

and the reaction of all the players tells the story...
    it really would be simple to put a RFID chipn in the ball and sensors in the goal... and you wouldnt even need a "panel" to look or any of that stuff.. if it crossed the line it would tell you, end of story.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]come on SOS.... I know you have to think up what we dont want to here mate, but you must be spitting.... or in the same way you dont care about us, you also dont care if you get robbed a goal????

Believe me Mascot, I care alright, having travelled to brizzle to see us robbed, I was fooking furious. If we get relegated by a point then I may upgrade my level of outrage.

Fair enough mate, im just be a bit cheeky ; )
  • Options
    That knob Sherringham made me wanna puke last night the way he slated off the officials...The officials made a cock up, so what...? We all know what a bunch of tossers they can be at times so we almost come to expect the odd faux-pas now and then and then and then, they are almost human after all...The biggest disgrace on that field were the players themselves, all they had to do was come clean about it but they didn't and the reason they didn't is because they are cheats, always have been and always will be...And if the decision had been the other way round do you think Whingeing Warnock would have ran onto the pitch ranting and raving at the ref to award Bristol City a goal...? No, because when dodgy decisions go their way the managers are just a big a cheat as the players...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]That knob Sherringham made me wanna puke last night the way he slated off the officials...The officials made a cock up, so what...? We all know what a bunch of tossers they can be at times so we almost come to expect the odd faux-pas now and then and then and then, they are almost human after all...The biggest disgrace on that field were the players themselves, all they had to do was come clean about it but they didn't and the reason they didn't is because they are cheats, always have been and always will be...And if the decision had been the other way round do you think Whingeing Warnock would have ran onto the pitch ranting and raving at the ref to award Bristol City a goal...? No, because when dodgy decisions go their way the managers are just a big a cheat as the players...

Very hard to disagree.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]That knob Sherringham made me wanna puke last night the way he slated off the officials...The officials made a cock up, so what...? We all know what a bunch of tossers they can be at times so we almost come to expect the odd faux-pas now and then and then and then, they are almost human after all...The biggest disgrace on that field were the players themselves, all they had to do was come clean about it but they didn't and the reason they didn't is because they are cheats, always have been and always will be...And if the decision had been the other way round do you think Whingeing Warnock would have ran onto the pitch ranting and raving at the ref to award Bristol City a goal...? No, because when dodgy decisions go their way the managers are just a big a cheat as the players...

Very hard to disagree.

Still funny though. LOL!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I was about to post something making the exact same point. The officials made honest mistakes. And now, because the whole world can see their mistake, probably for the next 10 years on repeated tv and youtube replays, and because of the rediculous belief that football officials should not access tv technology for contentious decisions as do all other major sports, they are made to look mugs.

The referee should have been able to simply asked the fourth official to look at a tv replay and confirm whether or not it was a goal. I find it amazing that he is not allowed to do that.

I think the referee should have asked the goalkeeper, and the defenders who were around the goal at the time, whether or not they think the ball went into the goal. If they said no or they could not be sure then nobody could blame the ref for not giving the goal. And the discussion would be about the honesty and sportsmanship of those defenders rather than the competance of the officials.

Having said all that I am very surprised that the netting was held down by a wooden structure inside the goal. I thought it was a requirement that the structure supporting the net should be outside and behind the goal to prevent this sort of thing happening. If they have contravened the rules here Bristol City should be given a hefty fine and the officials reprimanded for not spotting the infringement when they checked the nets before the start of the game.
  • Options
    Could they come to a compromise where bristol let him off some of the money he owes them?
  • Options
    I would be mightily pizzed off if it happened to us...but it didn't it happened to Crystal Palace.
    Good to see the Palace regime were so gracious in the face of the problem though, it's a lesson to me, because I would have struggled to conduct myself with such dignity.
  • Options
    dont blame em for being naffed off.

Warnock throwing his toys out the prame is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring and im begining to think he talks as much shit as Grodon Brown ! City also had a goal disallowed for offside that wasnt offside and Warnock says -----------------------------------------f**k all. Which is a shame as saying f**k all once in awhile would be a good thing for him to try.

Maybe Wanock should think on this..When he was manager of Yeovil the now City manager DID let another team score to even up an injustice. Just maybe Warnocks rant in the play offs and his constant crying has pissed the City guy off and he thought "f**k Warnock let him rant".
  • Options
    [quote] City also had a goal disallowed for offside that wasnt offside and Warnock says -----------------------------------------f**k all. Which is a shame as saying f**k all once in awhile would be a good thing for him to try.
    [/quote]

Like it Goonerhater! I bumped into a former neighbour this morning who's a lifelong Blades fan and Colin still makes him cringe even though he's nothing to do with them anymore. Hope i got the quote thing right.
  • Options
    After several reruns on the old skyplus thingy I think the ref was correct in his decision, but then again I may be a bit bias. :)
  • Options
    LOL at TCE !!

Love it!
  • Options
    That's a brilliant point GH. You reap what you sow. I've never met anyone who likes warnock or jordan. There was a thread the other week about advice for young blokes starting out in life and these two pratts are a case in point