Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
i know everyone has heard a rumour reguarding takeover,but ive heard somthing interesting in the last half an hour or so,that the deal will be done tomorrow and that paul ince will be the new manager

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonfan[/cite]i know everyone has heard a rumour reguarding takeover,but ive heard somthing interesting in the last half an hour or so,that the deal will be done tomorrow and that paul ince will be the new manager

and where and from whom did you hear that, may I ask?
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    one of the blokes who picks his kids up at my girls school,he is on very good terms with the agents who deal with contracts ect,however as i said there have been many rumours
  • Options
    That is laughable. Goes to pick his kids up and tell's all at the front gates. This is also not a lie, my aunts Milkman last month said there would ne a takeover and that curbishly was coming back" the milkmans wife works at the training ground. Its all a load of rumors

Still fun though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonfan[/cite]one of the blokes who picks his kids up at my girls school,he is on very good terms with the agents who deal with contracts ect,however as i said there have been many rumours

Thanks, works for me.
  • Options
    from what I can attain from recent rumours...

Sometime between six weeks ago and June 23rd we are due to be taken over by an Irish-Emirates consortium with an interest in aviation and a penchant for construction/real estate in a deal brokered by Peter Varney that will focus it's energies on a huge input of funds into the club but will be looking to do things on a small-scale "Charlton-ethos" structure by consolidating our debts and putting things back on an even keel. Alan Curbishley will be back as manager, ably assisted by Paul Ince. Benito Carbone will be our shining light up front and we'll come out to a new special rendition of Red Red Robin performed by The Who.

p.s. we'll also have a white away kit

AAAARRRRRGGGHHH - rumours! have there ever been more half-truths, hear-says and titbits flying around than now about our beloved CAFC?
  • Options
    You're right, there have been many rumours!
  • Options
    the conversation was not in fact in front of the school gates ,but a very private conversation between me and this person ,who i believe to be true to his word ,but as i hasten to add ,there have been many things flying around
  • Options
    We are going on an irish tour now! On the OS.....

I also like the fact that the 23rd is being banded about cos someone on here said he had a gut feeling about it! haha.
  • Options
    including pigs!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sick to death of all this shite.

"My mate's dad - wot's an astronaut in his spare time, right - well he's mates with someone wot clears out Mahmoud Ahmadi-Nejad, right, and he reckons that the Iranian national government are looking to buy a stake in a British football club, yeah? Now is it any coincidence that there's all this trouble in Iran, right - AT THE SAME TIME as there are all these rumours about Charlton being the subject of a takeover???????"

FFS
  • Options
    I was just talking to my aunt's parrot..who overheard the next door neighbour's mina bird.who just hapend to be flying past the board room..... window ... just streching he's wing's you understand.Who over heard that the contract's are being signed at 7 tonight.!!
  • Options
    The Iranian website is also closing on the 24th for essential maintenance Leroy... as if they'd do that during civil unrest - seems a bit fishy to me
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]The Iranian website is also closing on the 24th for essential maintenance Leroy... as if they'd do that during civil unrest - seems a bit fishy to me
    And they're blocking all news agencies reporting anything out there - hence the reason we havent heard anything.
  • Options
    I'madinnerjacket will be our new MD when they suss he pulled a fast one with that 'election' and he will be SE7 bound rather sharpish.

If he'd got away with the ballot fraud he was going to buy Liverpool.
  • Options
    So why are the wrist bands green not red.

Explain that you smart arses.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited June 2009
    I heard it was sheik myhandee, with his gaelic cousin, pierre thruthawindo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]So why are the wrist bands green not red.

publicising the new green third kit, keeps our new half Irish half Arab consortium happy
  • Options
    I hope you have let Newshopper know
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I hope you have let Newshopper know

Sod him, he's a plastic scouser anyway........... (sorry Paul) :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    pricks
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited June 2009
    charltonfan....do you work on the rail?

If so, you know who this is, you were at my brothers 40th the other week in Eltham :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonfan[/cite]pricks

you what?! you may well be right, there's nothing wrong with a bit of desperate humour either way, reel it in a bit, after hearing all we have in the last few weeks how can you be surprised another rumour on the pile is not being treated like the holy grail?

Jeez!
  • Options
    fair play and no
  • Options
    Only a laugh and a joke fella..
  • Options
    should have seen how seriuosly the bstds took my insider knowledge and it was all based on real FACT as will be discovered soon.

and i never called them a bad name

wish i did
  • Options
    I shall take this rumour with a pinch of salt, but if Kenny Senior from Phoenix nights comes on here with a takeover rumour i will believe that one. :-)
  • Options
    Brian Potter is our new manager, with Jerry St Clair as his assistant.

Afterall, Den Perry's been running the aslyum eh.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]from what I can attain from recent rumours...

Sometime between six weeks ago and June 23rd we are due to be taken over by an Irish-Emirates consortium with an interest in aviation and a penchant for construction/real estate in a deal brokered by Peter Varney that will focus it's energies on a huge input of funds into the club but will be looking to do things on a small-scale "Charlton-ethos" structure by consolidating our debts and putting things back on an even keel. Alan Curbishley will be back as manager, ably assisted by Paul Ince. Benito Carbone will be our shining light up front and we'll come out to a new special rendition of Red Red Robin performed by The Who.

p.s. we'll also have a white away kit

AAAARRRRRGGGHHH - rumours! have there ever been more half-truths, hear-says and titbits flying around than now about our beloved CAFC?

It has not been widely discussed, but Charlton were nearly bought by a Far East airline group prior to the Dubai deal falling through.
    The source: a board member.

So if the rumours involve Peter Varney and an aviation group, they may not be so far fetched.
  • Options
    How many "Takeover" threads are there admin ?