Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Royal Oak to close (re-open Aug 3rd)

124»

Comments

• Options
    A trip to the Oak used to be part of the Charlton ritual for me. Now I drink turps at home pre-match.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]A trip to the Oak used to be part of the Charlton ritual for me. Now I drink turps at home pre-match.

Nice! ;-)
  • Options
    First day of the new season, got to the Oak early. What did I find? No ale. Am I expecting too much from a pub?

Fceking useless. How hard is it to order beer for your only busy day? Or put enough staff on.

I guess it's back to the Swan for me.
  • Options
    Vincenzo - they didn't cover themselves in glory did they. I spoke to the landlady in the evening and she told me she will have three more staff on for the next home game and real ale.
  • Options
    Cheers, Your Worship - might give it another try then.
  • Options
    Was very impressed that they sold Tayto crisps.
  • Options
    have never got the oak,it's always been like drinking in a matchbox,i can imagine given the right landlord it is a nice boozer for locals on non matchdays,but as a matchday boozer not for me quite like the anchor but bit of a trek.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Was very impressed that they sold Tayto crisps.
    thats me sold i love them