Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Wright

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
....Millwall

Comments

• Options
    is this confirmed?
  • Options
    What a shame it will be if he goes. I think with the Parky situation there'll be a well worn track in the carpet. We really seem to never tire of shooting our feet.
  • Options
    If true..........I'm not losing any sleep over this.
  • Options
    I still hope he turns into a good player, but to be honest he looked a nervous wreck I thought when he turned out for us, a new start is probably his best chance of developing his career.
  • Options
    if true, big big mistake imo.
  • Options
    I don't think its a case of we can't afford him, i think its more a case of we aren't prepared to offer him another contract. As a result, we won't get the development fee, is what i understand.

Who is making that decision though is anyone's guess.
  • Options
    yeah just seen this in the Southwark Sport

A qucick snippet

A source close to the player said: "Charlton cannot afford to renew his current contract. He likes Millwall his family are Millwall and he could could sit down with teh manager this week"

A spokesman for charlton confirmed that Wright was out of contract in June and 'could well be' on a list of players that are no retained
  • Options
    so we aren't signing anyone until the takeover/ parky situation is cleared up but are releasing players.

How does that work?
  • Options
    Stupid to let him go.....he will develop into a real talent with the right man management
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]so we aren't signing anyone until the takeover/ parky situation is cleared up but are releasing players.

How does that work?

Who said we werent going to sign any players until takeover/parky is cleared up?
  • Options
    Maybe the takeover means we will have enough money to not have to bother with players like him - we'll have a squad of Brazilians
  • Options
    ****starts saving for the 1st goal market against millwall****
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I don't think its a case of we can't afford him, i think its more a case of we aren't prepared to offer him another contract. As a result, we won't get the development fee, is what i understand.

Who is making that decision though is anyone's guess.

but it says Parky hasn't even spoken to Wright since the end of the season. Even that imo is poor. Surely Josh could have expected a call from Parky saying well played in the final lad, you did good and we'll have a chat soon. Poor man management again. Also, he's managed to talk to a guy from MKD, Peter Clarke too but not one of our most promising youngsters. I think the whole thing stinks. Also, if he's 700k rated for fooks sake offer him a contract and at least then we'd get a deveolpment fee even if, in the end, he goes for 200k.
  • Options
    Looked good when I saw him. Good passer of the ball. Others have said too slow to make it but that seems harsh, especially at this level.

Always sad to see a home grown player leave but if he's a Millwall fan that he can F*** right off now : - 0

At least midfield is an area we are currently well covered in. And I'd rather keep Yussef.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]so we aren't signing anyone until the takeover/ parky situation is cleared up but are releasing players.

How does that work?

Who said we werent going to sign any players until takeover/parky is cleared up?

AFKA did.

his opinion tho
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Looked good when I saw him. Good passer of the ball. Others have said too slow to make it but that seems harsh, especially at this level.

Always sad to see a home grown player leave but if he's a Millwall fan that he can F*** right off now : - 0

At least midfield is an area we are currently well covered in. And I'd rather keep Yussef.

and you'd rather keep Yussef based on what ? I've not seen enough to make a judgement but that's the point. Wright looked more than okay in his couple of first team appearances and certainly looked ok at Championship level so at League 1 he should be more than ok.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Looked good when I saw him. Good passer of the ball. Others have said too slow to make it but that seems harsh, especially at this level.

He's not slow at all. Pretty average when it comes to pace like a lot of central midfielders. Every player that isn't quick seems to be criticized as slow by someone.

He's actually a West Ham fan. From what I've heard Yussuff wasn't too impressive at Ebbsfleet, but may have potential. He's not as good as Wright at the moment and they're the same age.

We shouldn't letting him go. Will be useful in League One and could potentially develop quite a lot. Problem is with our squad at the moment he's only back up, and I can understand if he wants to go and get regular football, because he definitely could whether that's in League One or League Two.
  • Options
    I didn't say we won't, i said i wouldn't expect us to (and made clear it was my own opinion).

If we do sign players, you have to ask who will have signed them ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]

How does that work?

AFKA did.

his opinion tho

Must be true then. I stand corrected.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Parky is making decisions on who to keep and who to let go, then it should be announced he is the manager going forward. If we are in talks that might lead to a new manager, we should get our finger out to stop out of contract players walking away without a new offer being made.
  • Options
    I can't say I'm too bothered about this one.

No offence to Josh, but if he was being counted on to be anything more than a squad player for us next season, we're in deeper shit than I thought.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]so we aren't signing anyone until the takeover/ parky situation is cleared up but are releasing players.

How does that work?[/quote]

Who said we werent going to sign any players until takeover/parky is cleared up?[/quote]

The South London Press do:
    http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=21930&headline=Charlton
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]At least midfield is an area we are currently well covered in.

...........until ZZ, Racon, Bailey and Shelvey all leave!

[cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]if true, big big mistake imo.

Ditto. We've got no money and will supposedly be relying on our younger players to step up and get us promoted. So here we are releasing one of our most promising youngsters because we allegedly can't afford £1200 a week.
    Oh well i'm glad we paid Christiansen his reported £5k a week for all that time!
  • Options
    If we lose Racon, Bailey, Sam and Shelvey, losing Wright would be very stupid indeed.

Surely we should keep our promising young players rather than let them go to our rivals. It's a no brainer.
  • Options
    If Wright goes on a free Millwall would have still overpaid
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]If Wright goes on a free Millwall would have still overpaid

What are you basing that on? Is it him looking a decent player in his couple of appearances for us, him impressing when loaned out to 3 different clubs, him playing for England at every level from under 16 to under 19, or the fact our local rivals will be getting a good young player of ours for nothing which will inevitably come back to haunt us?
  • Options
    I'm basing it on seeing him play for the first team, reserves and youth team. I dont believe he will make the grade. Only an opinion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]I'm basing it on seeing him play for the first team, reserves and youth team. I dont believe he will make the grade. Only an opinion.

I respect you opinion BUT which grade are we talking about? If we are talking making a PL player then I'd agree but if we are talking making initially a League 1 player and then possibly a Championship player I'd disagree until the cows come home. He played two games for us, looked comfortable and not out of his depth. In the League we find ourselves in we are not going to have players of the like or Reid, Jensen maybe even Racon and Shelvey and we need to get used to it fast.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]I'm basing it on seeing him play for the first team, reserves and youth team. I dont believe he will make the grade. Only an opinion.

What do you mean by that? He won't make it at League One level? Championship? Prem?