Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bands/music acts you wish you'd seen live.

13»

Comments

• Options
    just checked out this gig....
    the who and jimi hendrix..... rock and roll heaven............
    DATE: Sunday, 29th, January, 1967
    MAIN ACT: Jimi Hendrix Experience VS the Who
    BANDS MEMBERS:
    Jimi Hendrix (guitar, vocals), Noel Reading (bass), Mitch Mitchell (drums)
    Roger Daltrey (vocals), Pete Townshend (guitar, vocals), John Entwistle (guitar), Keith Moon (drums).
    This gig was announced as The Battle of the Bands and it was an special event as a tribute memorial show to the infamous manager of the Beatles, Brian Epstein, who had passed away on 27th of August 1967. This was the second appearance of Jimi Hendrix at the Marquee club and it featured an historical jam session with the guitarist and the Who.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]just checked out this gig....
    the who and jimi hendrix..... rock and roll heaven............
    DATE: Sunday, 29th, January, 1967
    MAIN ACT: Jimi Hendrix Experience VS the Who
    BANDS MEMBERS:
    Jimi Hendrix (guitar, vocals), Noel Reading (bass), Mitch Mitchell (drums)
    Roger Daltrey (vocals), Pete Townshend (guitar, vocals), John Entwistle (guitar), Keith Moon (drums).
    This gig was announced as The Battle of the Bands and it was an special event as a tribute memorial show to the infamous manager of the Beatles, Brian Epstein, who had passed away on 27th of August 1967. This was the second appearance of Jimi Hendrix at the Marquee club and it featured an historical jam session with the guitarist and the Who.
    The original live aid gig?
  • Options
    That lot playing live would have given anyone a run for there money, the stones and cream maybe, but the acts these guys were putting on at the Marquee in 67 a bit like the Saville theatre gigs are the blueprint for club/rock music. If you like live music these guys had it down to a new level. You only have to check Jimi out at Monterey (where the who also played) to just stand and watch as Clapton/Beck did when he came to London. Not sure London ever saw anything like it till the punk scene 10 years later as for originality anyway.
  • Options
    Hendrix at the Bromley Court Hotel was simply awesome. No other stage act in the UK like him...because he had soaked up Little Richard and knew how to perform rather than just play. Fleetwood mac starring Peter Green were also great but their act was more about filth...loved it!
    The Who stole the IOW the year I saw them and they could all put on a show.
    I still wish i could have been arsed to go to the Alexander Palace to see in the dawn with Syd's Pink Floyd...sobs.
  • Options
    Saw Hendrix at Chislehurst Caves. amazing night...
    Gene Vincent had dynamic stage act even after Blue Caps days- saw him at Lewisham Odeon/Woolwich Granada mid-60s
    Mille Jackson- shows on first tours were great and soulful, later tours awful, full of naff sex inuendo including the dreadful 'Phuck u Symphony'.
    Chuck Berry, Woolwich 1964, absolutely great- on same show as Carl Perkins. Seen several times in later years, always good value
  • Options
    Man, how lame, everyone's lieing and coming out with the usual suspects (too scared to break the mold):

In no particular order:

Black Lace at Butlins (circa '89) - gutted!
    Cliff's Christmas hymnfest ('92) - wounded!
    Jive Bunny's school Disco ('91) - never got over this one!
    Gary Glit.. leave it!
  • Options
    The Beatles and Steely Dan.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnpaul5[/cite]Man, how lame, everyone's lieing and coming out with the usual suspects (too scared to break the mold):

In no particular order:

Black Lace at Butlins (circa '89) - gutted!
    Cliff's Christmas hymnfest ('92) - wounded!
    Jive Bunny's school Disco ('91) - never got over this one!
    Gary Glit.. leave it!

I never got over missing Sonia on her comeback tour at The Cleethorpes Pavilion circa 91.
  • Options
    For me it has to be Bob Marley & the Wailers, live at the Rainbow Theatre in London, 1977.
  • Options
    If Elvis was so good, why is it that the world and its mother can impersonate him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]If Elvis was so good, why is it that the world and its mother can impersonate him?[/quote]

exactly, and often improve his stuff!

this thread has gone a bit Saxondale!
  • Options
    I'd like to have seen Elvis live, but before he joined the Army.
  • Options
    Michael Jackson