Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bands/music acts you wish you'd seen live.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Marco[/cite]Actually the Jam was at Brighton Centre.(I correct myself though no one cares)

How do you know, you weren't there !

;-)
  • Options
    Because I had to put up with being told I'd missed a treat for about 3 years afterwards! It's imprinted on my brain.
  • Options
    Barry White

Culture

Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    The Beatles
    The Who
    Slade
  • Options
    It would have been nice to have seen The Who at Charlton but I was even keener on playing cricket at the time and in life choices sometimes have to be made.
  • Options
    Hendrix......Best guitarist, stage act
    Nick Drake....
    Frank Zappa
    That's it, That's all.....managed to see the rest I wanted
  • Options
    Paper Lace
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Paper Lace

Ah, The night Chicargo died ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]The Cranberries

Just booked tickets for their Royal Albert Hall gig next March, so that's one knocked off the list :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Hendrix......Best guitarist, stage act
    Nick Drake....
    Frank Zappa
    That's it, That's all.....managed to see the rest I wanted

Agree on Frank Zappa. I did see Frank Zappa's son Dweezil in concert earlier this year - "Zappa plays Zappa" - and it was AWESOME!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joy Division
  • Options
    East 17
    Bros
    Cliff Richard (what do you mean he's not dead yet?)
  • Options
    Wish i was there when Orbital rocked Glastonbury
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Queen.

I had a ticket to see them at Earls Court on Jubilee night in 1977 but pulled some bird and let my cock get the better of me. I never saw the bird again and forgotten what the shag was like but I bet I would remember Queens finest hour.

What a mug!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Radzinsky[/cite]Joy Division

I saw them twice and there was no other band like them.
  • Options
    There was a tour in the late 60's comprising Syd Barret-era Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix and my favourites of the 60's The Move. I was about seven when it went out, plus it was about the time I was in Australia. So, probably that chance has gone, together sadly with a number of the main figures involved. To be honest, amazing as that bill sounds, I wouldn't swap that for some of the old punk sunday nights at the lyceum or Ian Dury at Blackheath about a year before he died - great stuff.
  • Options
    (haven't read the rest of the thread so apologies before hand)

I would have loved to see the rolling stones before they started charging 60 quid a ticket and sleeping with Russian teenagers

(more precisely the Exile On Main Street Tour - quite possibly the best album ever made EVER)
  • Options
    Sam Cooke.
  • Options
    The Jam
    The Stone Roses
    The Police
  • Options
    Jimi Hendrix
    Frank Sinatra
    AC/DC
    Ella Fitzgerald
    Peter Green (before his 'come back' tour with Cozy Powell)
    Bad Company
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Kinks
    Joy Division
    Oasis
  • Options
    Great thread btw
    I wish I had seen,
    Joy division
    sex pistols
    Nirvana
    The who @ the valley
    Jimi Hendrix
    Stone Roses
    the Clash
    the police
  • Options
    Ken, Forgot about Nick Drake.

Plus Bob Dylan before his motor bike accident.
    Velvet Underground at the Factory (saw Nico at the Roundhouse...pretty good.)
  • Options
    joy division, ian dury and joe strummer, had tickets to a gig of his the week before he died but stayed in the pub instead thinking we'd catch him the next time he played!
  • Options
    Ken, Forgot about Nick Drake......

Nick Drake, is the quintessential English folk singer, also a tragic romantic obsessive.

I could have citied many others , but so few people saw Nick play, no video, and no official live concerts. A tragic figure. I saw so many bands that these were the main ones I missed out on.
  • Options
    AT THE DRIVE IN.
  • Options
    Foo Fighters
    Peter Gabriel
    Green Day
    Crowded House
    The Feeling

Are all very good live.
  • Options
    Hanoi Rocks
  • Options
    Unoriginal I know but it's Hendrix, Led Zep and Pink Floyd.

I also managed to catch a couple of bands before they made it big but missed so many, particularly at the Marquee where I was a regular in the mid-seveties. If there are any other old Marquee goers here, this is a good link to find out who you saw and who you missed, plus some interesting support bands!

http://www.themarqueeclub.net/calendar
  • Options
    Hi Bangkokaddick I went to the Marquee on several occassions but was not a regular, the Lyceum was my favourite and places in Croydon when I was at Art college.
    Loved live music, and the 'occassion' of being there.great choices as well....

For all my sons current clubbing, they have missed out on live bands and festivals, like Reading, IOW, and Hyde Park, I used to love those free concerts........