Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Euell

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Poor Jason - havng to live in Blackpool. Don't think he ever did anything to deserve that...

Better to live in Blackpool than Middlesborough perhaps, Weegie!

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Poor Jason - havng to live in Blackpool. Don't think he ever did anything to deserve that...

;o)

That's a tough call, Oggy ;-)
  • Options
    Glad to see him getting amongst the goals !

On the living front, he could live in Southport & easily travel to Blackpool ! Sorted !
  • Options
    Ask Jeff Stelling about where is better to live? boro or blackpool
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]his first touch was awful

Surely not :-)
  • Options
    haha i thought the shot to score was actually him trying to trap the ball
  • Options
    Blackpool are my 2nd team(family thing!) so I am happy to see Euelly there, (rather it be with us but hey..) I always admired his graft and effort and appreciated him as a player, very happy to see him doing well, good for him and the Pool!
  • Options
    Was one of our better players 2002-2005 ish especially when he moved from up top to an attacking midfielder and scored the bulk of our goals in that period. Once described as the poor man's Paul Scholes. I wish him all the best. Always gave 100%, never the best first touch but never cried when he fell out of favour and I'll always have fond memories of him.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Poor Jason - havng to live in Blackpool. Don't think he ever did anything to deserve that...[/quote]

;o)[/quote]

Oggy my missus would give you a kicking if you said that round here!
  • Options
    Assuming he's not sold in the meantime he's back in the Premiership now. Bet he wishes he was still with us though - not!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did he play yesterday?? He was really hogging the celebrations like he'd scored a hat-trick or summat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Did he play yesterday?? He was really hogging the celebrations like he'd scored a hat-trick or summat.

Unused sub. There again, he probably would been an unused sub for us against Swindon and I know which he would rather have been. And he did play for them in 33 League games this year so he has contributed to Blackpool being where they are today.
  • Options
    I always liked Jason and I think he was not well treated by some of the Charlton faithful.

However, I'm not sure how good he is these days.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]I always liked Jason and I think he was not well treated by some of the Charlton faithful.

However, I'm not sure how good he is these days.[/quote]

Or by Curbs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]I always liked Jason and I think he was not well treated by some of the Charlton faithful.

well how much worse than ours could he be ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Did he play yesterday?? He was really hogging the celebrations like he'd scored a hat-trick or summat.

I think he is blackpools 'club captain' with charlie adam taking the armband on matchdays. Robbie Keane was the club captain of spurs earlier on in the season depite the fact he couldnt get a game.
  • Options
    i always really liked euell. good luck to him
  • Options
    I seem to remember hes got his own website with blog entrys going back to his charlton days.

www.jasoneuell.com
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Oggy- He was a great man manager and people person at Plymouth Argyle down here.
    Very highly regarded - the team played for him, and he worked miracles on a shoe string.

That is almost exactly what my step uncle said about him the team played for him. Look at the talent Plymouth had then Ebanks-Blake, Halmosi,David Norris etc these players all went to play for bigger clubs which was not Ollie's fault according to fans. Plymouth finished in there highest ever position in the championship under ollie. His bad choice to join Leicster was proven but the relagation was not his fault. Also i heard that Ollie only agreed the deal because he was promised if relegated Leciester would keep him so he could rebuild the squad and get them promoted. He has also always had a good scouting network, always looking at teams like Man Utd and Chelsea youngsters which made them get Ebanks-Blake and Scott Sinclair (when he played good!)

:)

It's interesting to see what i put about him and what he achieved yesterday. Too many people underestimated olly. Hope they do well in the prem.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]I always liked Jason and I think he was not well treated by some of the Charlton faithful.

Or by Curbs.

Groan.
    Not that old one again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jason Euell will be on 606 later according to 606 via facebook. Hopefully that oaf marcottie shows him more respect than he shows some of the callers.
  • Options
    jason slippers
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]I always liked Jason and I think he was not well treated by some of the Charlton faithful.

However, I'm not sure how good he is these days.[/quote]

Or by Curbs.[/quote]

Groan.
    Not that old one again[/quote]

Yup!
  • Options
    He was a good player for us, as people have said I'm not sure how good he is now but if he was up to scratch I'd welcome him back.
  • Options
    When was....
    Jason Euell lashing a penalty over the crossbar, it was at the Valley and against Bolton (i think).
    It was probably about 2002?
    Wondering when because it was my first game but cant find anything about a date on internet..
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/1886501.stm

there you go mate.
  • Options
    I think he just calmly placed it wide, rather than smashing it over - Claus Jensen did that in the last minute against Villa once.
  • Options
    Jason would still do a good job in this team, he is better than what we have now. So would Deno and to be honest ralph Milne would give some of them a good run (well waddle)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Jason would still do a good job in this team, he is better than what we have now. So would Deno and to be honest ralph Milne would give some of them a good run (well waddle)

I was with you until Raplph Milne!!! And was that chris waddle
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Starting for Blackpool at Villa tonight.

Strange line up for Blackpool aswell, think they are without a few of the regulars (hence probably why Euell is playing). Wonder if Holloway is following Mick McCarthy last season and resting a few players ahead of a more winnable weekend game. Seems strange as Villa away especially with their lack of strikers is actually winnable for Pool.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!