Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gillingham Game

13»

Comments

• gotta miss the Gills game, my little girl's 3rd b'day....I'll be at a 'soft play' birthday party with phone glued to ear !!
  • [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]Why only 2000?

Caravans take up a lot of space mate
  • Absolutely nailed on to be their first away win of the season!
  • LOL @ PL54
  • "However, to prove even more to the Londoners, that we are the ONLY team in Kent, I think it would be a great idea to display out passion through colour (balloons and beachballs)."

Using rubber and plastic to show how plastic the modern game has become. Fuck me how about people show support by going to games and cheering the team on instead of gimmicky face - painting, paper- card clapper tactics such as this.

So shallow. Wont be suprised one day if i turn up at a football match and everyone is wearing foam hands with John Fashanu MC ing.
  • AWOOOOOOOGA!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite] They can have the whole of Kent if they like.[/quote]

On no they can't...they're not having my little bit of it - and it ain't yours to give away to them, OhsouthLondoner!!!
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]This game is no different to any other. They Are a club coming to the valley end of.
    We are a London club and always will be. They can have the whole of Kent if they like. It holds a percentage of our supporters but it holds equal amounts of other clubs supporters, and in these cases, holds more supporters for chelsea, man utd, spurs Etc fans than cafc fans .The place isn't a million miles from SE7 and that's all there is to it.
    Big dAy out for them to pretend they have a score to settle but it's a nothing game to any proper Charlton.

The Valley is in London - as to whether most (active) Charlton fans live in London, that's another matter. It depends in part on whether you think Bexley and Bromley boroughs are in London.

The club has a database of 65,616 fans by postcode, which break down as follows:

DA 15,110 (23%) Bexley & Kent
    SE 14,262 (22%) Inner London
    ME 5,838 (9%) All Kent
    TN 5,001 (8%) Kent and East Sussex
    BR 4,760 (7%) Bromley & Kent
    CT 3,680 (6%) All Kent
    SW 1,683 (2.5%) Inner London

The others amount to 22.5%, but most will be outside London. Bear in mind that some postcode areas, BR for example, have a smaller population that others, so you can have smaller absolute numbers but a higher density.

By the way, I very much doubt if the major Premier clubs have more active fans than we do in Kent, however you define it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    The club has a database of 65,616 fans by postcode, which break down as follows:...

Well I'm the 001 and how gratifying to know there are 5,000 more of us down here. Great to outnumber the Bromleyites, too.
  • [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    The club has a database of 65,616 fans by postcode, which break down as follows:...

Well I'm the 001 and how gratifying to know there are 5,000 more of us down here. Great to outnumber the Bromleyites, too.

Yeah i am too :-) up the charlton fans in kent
  • Sponsored links:

• Jesus, more fans in Medway & Tonbridge than in Bromley! Got to admit that I'm surprised.
  • I grew up in Orpington and Millwall, Palace and us were all nearer than Gillingham.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Jesus, more fans in Medway & Tonbridge than in Bromley! Got to admit that I'm surprised.

Shame they can't organise more supporters' meetings then : - )
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]SE 14,262 (22%) Inner London

That's dissapointing I think - I thought we'd have more. SE has a population of 1.3m and so we have 1% of that.
  • gillingham means nothing
  • It would be interesting to See Millwall's figures. I expect the majority of people with SE post codes support Arsenal.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Jesus, more fans in Medway & Tonbridge than in Bromley! Got to admit that I'm surprised.

Ahem I do believe they had the best run supporters club until a certain person we both know got recruited by the Club.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Jesus, more fans in Medway & Tonbridge than in Bromley! Got to admit that I'm surprised.

Ahem I do believe they had the best run supporters club until a certain person we both know got recruited by the Club.

When was that? Last century? And who says it was the best run?

And if this guy is so good why is the water in the west stand bogs not hot enough : - )
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Rick ?
  • edited March 2010
    DA 15,110 (23%) Bexley & Kent
    SE 14,262 (22%) Inner London
    ME 5,838 (9%) All Kent
    BR 4,760 (7%) Bromley & Kent
    CT 3,680 (6%) All Kent
    SW 1,683 (2.5%) Inner London

Wish we'd had these stats when we played at the Priestfield earlier this season. You will recall a furious argument on here in the build up to the match, with a number of posters vehemently denying that it was a derby because we were not a ''Kentish club'' in any shape or form.

Now it turns out that 53 per cent of all registered fans have a Kent postal address, outnumbering those with a south London post code (24.5 per cent) by more than two to one...

So let's have no more arguing: Charlton v Gills is a Kentish derby for far more of us than those for whom it isn't.

The other 22.5 per cent not included in the above stats are presumably what we might call the 'Charlton diaspora', from Oggy, our esteemed envoy in the west , to our ambassadors to Prague, Malaysia, Queensland, Chicago, Canada and numerous other outposts of the mighty Reds empire...